• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 72

Started by dedgren, October 24, 2008, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 72 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 72
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2130  09/09/2008 08:36 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Tia-may
[/data][data]Impressive countryside and forests! They're are just as realistic as the Shires of Middle Earth.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2131  09/13/2008 12:28 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Well, I thought we'd be moving on...

...but that's not the exciting part.  This is.

Yes, and all that it implies.

That's what going on over at 3RR [linkie] today, as well as on the SC4D RAM (Railroad Add-on Mod- part of the NAM) Team board.  There's several incredible folks there working on some great new content, ad I'm just trying to do my bit.  Oh, and we're also laying out the 3RR power grid.

See you over there.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2132  09/13/2008 02:46 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]I always love your maps. Wow, so single railroads are on the horizon?

-Dan
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2133  09/15/2008 02:21 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Single track railroads? How awesome is that... I've just realized only recently that this is a big deficit in the game. I'm using trains nearly every day, although there usually are two tracks, there are always some single tracks sections.

I'm gonna follow that development with interest.

- Phil
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2134  09/29/2008 05:48 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Says it all...

If you're interested, check out this post over at 3RR [linkie].

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2135  10/04/2008 03:21 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Bumpity, bump, bump...

The Euro road FAR (and 2x2 wide curve) textures are in the hands of the NAM Team.

We've seen our first snow at Piper's Point.

And we're getting lots of great feedback from our NAM Curve/FAR/FARR beta test.  It's all happening over at 3RR [linkie].  Hope to see you soon.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2136  10/04/2008 03:32 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Amerikaner
[/data][data]WOW how exciting, those curves looks so sexy and sleek!! You all really do a great job of creating and testing things, I am forever grateful!  $%Grinno$%[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2137  10/04/2008 10:33 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Zeddic
[/data][data]*drool*

'Nuff said.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2138  10/04/2008 10:45 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]We may not be ST Hall of Fame or Trixie worthy...

...but we get it done.

You all are welcome anytime over at 3RR [linkie], but I'd suggest you first visit John's (Darmok) new AVR endeavor Bywater [linkie].  It's well worth your while.

Amerikaner and Zeddic- thanks so very much for your posts.  I don't think the wait for those Euro textures will be all that long.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2139  10/04/2008 11:22 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]awesome work david [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2140  10/06/2008 09:11 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Every time I visit here, my jaw drops some more... one could think it can't, but it does  :D I love the snowy picture. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2141  10/06/2008 01:30 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]With all of these curves and angles you have for roads and tracks, trixie-worthy is a certainty! Always a pleasure to see what you are up to in 3RR![/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2142  10/06/2008 02:24 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Amerikaner
[/data][data]God its like you guys read my mind... those new rail divisions (is that what there called??) look amazing! I certainly think you all are trixie worth, not to mention a few other awards!   ;D[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2143  10/06/2008 02:30 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Godzillaman
[/data][data]MSTS meets SC4...nice work. ;)[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2144  10/06/2008 02:58 PM  [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Haljackey
[/data][data]I've said it once and I'll say it again.  Those rail transitions are fantastic!  The first one reminds me of the RHW split.  I love it!

Best,
-Haljackey
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2145  10/06/2008 03:05 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]Amazing work dedgren. You are simply amazing.

-un1
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2146  10/08/2008 01:06 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]About a year and a half ago I said this.

Today we posted this.

Yes, and all that it implies.

Just another day over at 3RR [linkie].  It'll be great to see you stop by.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2147  10/08/2008 01:13 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]Amazing work dedgren! I see that RAM is going very well.  ;D

-un1
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2148  10/08/2008 01:50 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Wowowow! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this (you said we should be sitting )  ;). At least I know now I'm not dreaming... it's all actually happening. I think I can't express enough how much I appreciate your efforts to change the look and feel of the game -- and correcting the its shortcomings. It's impressive how far you got already. Once again, great job David!

- Phil
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2149  10/10/2008 09:12 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]We're taking a ride on the High Line over scenic Aspen Pass.

When was the last time you were over at 3RR [linkie]?  We'll be hoping to see you soon.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2150  10/10/2008 11:09 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]STR looks amazing dedgren! I can't wait until it is realesed...

-un1
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2151  10/13/2008 11:02 AM  [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]We're still adding stuff to the STR...

...and we're not through with the FAR/FARR yet, either.

There's probably tons of new stuff since the last time you were over at 3RR [linkie]It'd be great to have you join us there.

As many of you know, we are enjoying levels of success at 3RR on SC4Devotion that have never been reached before.  3RR is running at about 400 comments and 20,000 page views per month there.  We'll likely reach over 6,000 comments and 200,000 page views by the end of the year.

All that is not said to slight 3RR here on ST in the least.  The issue is this.  As you can see, comments here (and I continue to appreciate every single one- thank you to all the ST 3RR Regulars*) are pretty far and few between, and page views have fallen to about 30-40 per day.  I get a sense that most folks are both looking at 3RR and commenting on it over at SC4D.  The question, then, is should we simply close up shop here?  The ST updates don't take a great deal of time, as I simply highlight things I've already posted at SC4D.  That said, if everyone knows where to find 3RR anyway, maybe I could better use my ST time by posting in other threads here.  I also feel guilty from time to time about posting a few pics then saying, in effect, "well, if you want to see the rest, you have to come somewhere else."   That said, 3RR is somewhere else these days, and I don't want to dishonor its origins here at ST by some perception that what we continue to do here is nothing more than an advertisement.

I've posted a poll at the start of the thread to get your input [linkie]- is it time that we wind things down here or should we keep doing what we're doing now?  Alternatively, should we do something else?  I will be completely OK with however that comes out.  I'd be happy to see folks elaborate if you would want to in comments or PMs.  Please, though, for sure make your choice known in the poll.

Thank you once again.

David

*  A 3RR regular, of course, remains anyone who has ever posted here on 3RR-ST or over at 3RR on SC4D at least once.

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2152  10/13/2008 11:16 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

art128
[/data][data]Wow ! David, that's awesome ! great work ! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2153  10/13/2008 12:11 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Hi David. I appreciate what you've done and what you're still doing for the SC4 community over here on ST and on SC4D. And if you (or a majority of your regulars) decide to stop posting updates here, I respect that decision. I personally liked your posts here very much, because that way I always knew what was going on over at 3RR and what you guys were up to. And being not exactly a SC4D regular, this came in quite handy. Btw, I don't think of it as advertisement... it's a service to ST, a high-quality service. But I understand that it probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to keep it up like that for just a few lazy guys like me  :D. So you can say I have kinda mixed feelings about this... I would certainly miss this, but I would probably get over it sooner or later.

- Phil

EDIT: My option was "I only look at it on ST" which is actually true, I usually follow your link to get to 3RR on SC4D.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2154  10/13/2008 12:41 PM  [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]wow wonderfull work and pics my friend [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2155  10/13/2008 12:45 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]Aww dedgren... Well atleast it will still be updated at SC4Devotion! See you there.

-un1
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2156  10/13/2008 01:38 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Almighty Nienaber
[/data][data]you know its been

for a year now.

just poinin' that out.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2157  10/13/2008 02:06 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Haljackey
[/data][data]
QuoteOriginally posted by: dedgren

The ST updates don't take a great deal of time, as I simply highlight things I've already posted at SC4D.  That said, if everyone knows where to find 3RR anyway, maybe I could better use my ST time by posting in other threads here.  I also feel guilty from time to time about posting a few pics then saying, in effect, "well, if you want to see the rest, you have to come somewhere else."

I know this won't mean much coming from me, but just remember that this is the place 3RR started and where all its history remains.  If it doesn't take a great deal of time to update here, I think it would be best to keep ST informed every now and then to show what is going on @ 3RR SC4D.   But if this consumes most of your time on ST and you would rather allocate it to posting in other threads here, thats fine because we all know where to find 3RR nowadays.

Just my two cents.  I always like viewing 3RR here because it does a great job of summarizing what is going on @ SC4D.  I'm the decision you make will make the most sense regardless of what it is.

Best,
-Haljackey
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2158  10/13/2008 04:42 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]
QuoteHeh!

you know its been

for a year now.

Actually, collaboration at 3RR started a long time ago- you don't think I make all this stuff up myself, do you?

Just askin'.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2159  10/13/2008 06:46 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

metarvo
[/data][data]This is such a hard question.    Why can't things ever be easy?  This is the place where 3RR started, but I do know that it has moved on.  Still, there's always the chance that 3RR-ST will attract new viewers to 3RR.  Anyway, it's your decision, David, but I will vote nonetheless.[/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax