• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambuckel

That's a great skiing area ... Perfect arrangement of the lifts and trees  &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Jmouse

While you enjoy the cold weather and snow, we sit here in northeast Arkansas wondering when winter will start. My yard is full of clover. But enough about the weather.

Although most of your photos look similar, they are very different. This is a very interesting study in lighting and its effect on in-game scenes. Those long shadows in 21.2 are quite a contrast to the mostly short ones in 21.0, and the lighting is very different. And I like the sunset in 21.3, too. Then 21.7 has that blue look about it I have seen before at certain times of the evening and night.

You managed to capture a very nice variety on photos this time, and they're very attractive to boot...
-Joan

vester

I have only one comment:

your pictures just makes me want to go skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing !

threestooges

Reserve a lift ticket for me, I'm packing my skis as we speak. I know I've taken my stab at ski slopes before, but I think you nailed it. You really took advantage of plenty of space to keep things spread out. any terraforming you needed to do midway along, or did you just work with the terrain as you found it?
-Matt

Battlecat

That is an impressive ski hill! 

rooker1

The skii slopes and winter scenes, they are looking great!!
I love to skii but this year I haven't even thought about going.  The temperatures are so mild, averaging above 0c, I'm sure.  I think we have had three snow falls, and the snow was gone over the next few days.  I hear that my local mountain is making snow, but the conditions aren't very good.  So, I don't wish for your super low temperatuers, but something between your and mine would be good.  The winter season is over though, so I might as well forget about it and look forward to summer.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

Congratulations on the OSITM and sorry for missing the last few updates :'( The snowy landscapes are beautiful and remind me of the cold winter out there :D (-9° as of now) And I'm interested in seeing how you finish that interchange in downtown!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dantes

Your snowy landscapes are incredible.  ??? That is true art with different light and shadow. These pictures belong in a museum.  $%Grinno$%

Congratulations to OSITM  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

I love the images as they are simple but convey a very real feelings. It seems like being in a real snowed place.
And the sunset are so beautiful. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Thanks you so much, everyone!

9 is my favorite number so as the 9th day starts and before my night begins I'd like to leave you with a picture:

Also, I've marginally advanced my schemes at a network I'd someday like to see fully realised*--you may have already seen my first teaser pictures in the T-RAM thread:

And my work from a couple weeks ago:

Look for more to come later--I hope  ;D

*not a new network but a creative combination of existing systems enhanced with TuLEP-type pieces.

apeguy

Awesome bridges, and the textures for the T-RAM look interesting. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Jmouse

That is an stunning bridge, Noah. I love dramatic shots like that. Looking forward to a full update - yours are always great looking and inspirational as well.

Battlecat

The new network is intriguing, looks like it has some interesting possibilities!

Dantes

Wow, NWMM Bridge  :o Interessting T-Ram  :thumbsup:

art128

my, my, my... That's a really nice bridge you have there, Noah. I can't wait till it get released somewhere... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

choco

'tis a very nice bridge noah....if only the creator knew how to properly align textures.... :D

Lowkee33

I think turning on the anti-aliasing/transparency for that bridge would go a long way.  If you want, try editing the S3D materials section to be like This Image.  I'm not sure if you need to change the Alpha Threshold, I think Reader holds this has one Byte, hence automatically dropping to 255.

Kergelen

Awesome bridge Noah! And great job with the T-Ram :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

carlfatal

Wonderful textures   :o, would be very nice to see this in the NAM some time.  And the bridge is nice too!   :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice bridge indeed :)
Also, I really enjoyed the skiing area  ;) I'm going to snowboard in two weeks and I wish I can find that kine of powder !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture