• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Looking really great, David!

Edit, Eww David, that's no good to move your post..  ;) $%Grinno$%

EDIT: I didn't look before I first posted, Arthur.  I've managed to avoid standing in the way of "Double-0" honors going to a 3RR Regular for five years now, and didn't want to start here.  Sharp eyes, my friend. -de
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dedgren

Starting to really come together.

I'll add a Million View Contest update to this post in just a bit.  The outages have slowed things a bit, but we'll pass 920K views today.

UPDATE:

So here's the latest contest spreadsheet.

You can see that the outages really had an impact, as we have now fallen in terms of average views per hour to just under 1,300.  This had a fairly dramatic impact on the "sweet spot," in that now our great friend Matt (threestooges) is the closest entrant and, if the average held true until a million views was reached, our equally great friend Frank (FrankU) would be the winner with the closest prediction not going over.  I think, though, that the average pace will speed back up now that the server hiccups are (hopefully) out of the way.

Matt had requested that I do a notional, or "dummy" entrant that would show the average of all the predictions.  Right now the prediction of "3RR Regular" is, while not as optimistic as mine (and certainly not Arthur's ), looking pretty early at March 17th.  Based on the current rate of views, 3RR will reach the million mark on March 31st at 12:32 AST (GMT-9).

Like I said, I think things will pick back up.  Even 1,300 views an hour is still an amazing pace but, as I've said before, we'll see.

A reminder:  Predictions must be posted by 11:59:59 p.m. Alaska Standard Time tomorrow, January 31st.  That's a little more than 20 hours from now.  So, if you haven't entered yet, polish that crystal ball and take your best shot.  The winner, I guarantee, will be a happy 3RR camper.

David

* A 3RR Regular are those great folks who've seen fit to post in 3RR here or way back when over at 3RR-ST at least once.  Trust me, after that, it's easy. 

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Will12

Whoa!
920k views is amazing!

Kitsune

did I hear right? Temps in the -50s to -60s F in Alaska? And a reading of -79F at one station before the power went out (the states record is -80F I believe)... wow, thats cold.
~ NAM Team Member

dragonshardz

Someone deleted a post again - if you check, post #14k is now post #13999. I haven't checked back to where the offset occurs.

Please, people, if you need to delete something you shouldn't have said, just edit your post and remove the content. Please, please, please do not delete the post itself. Thank you.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from the Bookkeeping Guild of 3RR.

In other news, David, I'm excited to see you using the GIMP! If I'm not mistaken, it has an option to allow you to paste copied selections along splines. Let me load it up and see if I can whack out a quick tutorial for doing so.

EDIT: By the way, a request for a TTR-to-STR puzzle piece: TTR splitting into 3 STR lines. The center one would continue on diag/ortho, but the outer two would sheer off into ortho/diag lines.

dedgren

Another TTR switch.

That one took just about two hours.  The good thing is that they are working immediately when I get them done, as opposed to stupid mistakes requiring me to go back and diagnose why they don't.

UPDATE:  A last quick one before bed.

I know some folks are probably bored with seeing the TTR stuff as it's completed.  I'm little by little rebuilding the rest of my plugins folder, and plan to be doing some in-game stuff as a break.  The TTR project, though, is pretty huge, and if I don't keep at it we'll be right back in stuck mode.  Thanks for your patience.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

jmdude1

i enjoy seeing your work as its completed.  its keeps me coming back for more everyday! great work on all the TTR switches.

Will12

At this rate we'll be enjoying the wonders of this mod in a month or so!

gn_leugim

Nice job  :D

I was looking into de debate, of  when will e the 1000000th view and  I wondered too, who will be the 1000000th viewer?? ^^

mike3775

Quote from: dedgren on January 30, 2012, 10:24:33 PM

I know some folks are probably bored with seeing the TTR stuff as it's completed.  I'm little by little rebuilding the rest of my plugins folder, and plan to be doing some in-game stuff as a break.  The TTR project, though, is pretty huge, and if I don't keep at it we'll be right back in stuck mode.  Thanks for your patience.

David

Never on my end buddy.  I specifically look forward to seeing your work as it is completed, because like someone else, I put my cities on hold awaiting these pieces because I am loving what you have come up with so far, and by doing a 3 track setup like this, I am actually going to use the single track rail more often as well.

I have always enjoyed seeing pics of items as they are completed.  It just makes me want to try them out more

EDIT: I removed the stray bbcode tags from the quote.  Thanks for the kind words, my friend. -de

Rady

David, we need then UNO to hold a serious investigation. WHO killed the server in order to kick me off the winners path of the 1.000.000-views-quest???    :D

But I won't give up, I will now double - er, no - triple check this thread every day!*   :P

Apart from this - great work on the TTR!

* I haven't read the details - is there any insurance against a force majeure included in this contest ...?  ???
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

dedgren

The larger puzzle pieces take almost as long to path as they do to build.

I don't know what we would do today without Joris's (Daeley) great SC4 Path Creator tool [linkie].

Just about to 920K.  Sorry 'bout the slow couple of days, folks.  The Million Page Views contest closes for predictions today in about 12 hours at 11:59:59 p.m. AST (GMT-9).  There's still time to get your entry in by posting it here in 3RR.

UPDATE:  12:32 p.m. Alaska Time.

Twenty percent of the way there in just a little over two weeks.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Lowkee33

Hmm, my views per day went up.  Looks like my Ctrl-R buttons are going to get some use  $%Grinno$%

Just for the record, you do have February 29th accounted for, right?

EDIT:  Heh, Carl!  Reloading won't do anything but make your finger tired.  And yes, Leap Day is taken into consideration. -de

Edit:  Shucks  :P

io_bg

It's always a pleasure to stop by and see the amazing progress you've made :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

The TTR content is certainly not getting boring and your dedication to the project is very much appreciated! Something of this scale done by one person is exactly the type of thing likely to end up getting stuck and it's great to see you plugging away, especially with your impressive pace.

Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

metarvo

3RR is once again a busy nest of activity with the looming 1,000,000 views milestone and the rapid development of TTR.  Industry is sure to flourish with the increased flexibility of rail systems.  Whoever said the railroads were declining must not be a 3RR Regular.  You're doing a superb job, David.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

AcoG000

Oops, I drooled on my keyboard. TTR is looking amazing!
Visit cheeseSC4! A very good (slightly small) site!

dedgren

A couple of in-game pics.

Just a little more than nine hours left to enter the Million Page Views contest!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

benedict

My guess: 3.12pm March 28
Click on the banner to celebrate!

dedgren

I have appointments with clients today, but got up early to start working on the small radius TTR ortho-diag curve.

The single crossover is also alpha-tested and in the game.

With our friend Ben's (benedict) entry, the Million Page View Contest is now closed for further predictions with 31 entrants.  More about that later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...