• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 96!!

Very nice tunnel there! And also great pictures of the Euro RHW!!! Looking forward to it...

Tolsome

cammo2003

The tunnel entrance looks great, but two things;

As Warrior said, too bright;

B) your entrance is facing the wrong way with regard to the road texture (though I'd hold onto it, as this would be right for a LHD game).

Still, excellent work with the model.

j-dub

Hi Tolsome, I like your tunnel with the concept of the signals on top of it. I thought the NAM team has said that RHW tunels can't be done by the dragging method due to hardcoding, but judging by your picture did you use the same method like Lollo's RHW 4 tunel with lotting? How did you get your tunnel to work?

Pat

Hey Tolsome that tunnel is looking good there and I do agree that the texture is a tad bit to white, maybe grey it down some...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

zakuten

This is a very random question, but could one place stuff like signage -within- the puzzle pieces such as exit beginning sections?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Swamper77

Only if there is space between the tiles. Otherwise, T21's will have to be made and they will display the props for all instances of those particular network textures. The game is incapable of doing sequential numbering of exits. Generic props work best for the most cases. Any specialized signage should be done with offset rendered props and placed on lots alongside the network.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

You could make a OWR tunnel then just plop the tunnel entrance as an overhanging prop (or overhanging puzzle piece) to make it look like a RHW tunnel.

Or it could be done Big Dig style and convert the road traffic to subway, but this has limitations.

zakuten

Mmkay, so it would require T21's and not just a standard prop.. Nevermind then. Yeah, I didn't mean as for sequential numbering, just for example, one of those diamond signs with the double-split-arrow or such, or simply "Exit" with the arrow.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Swamper77

Quote from: zakuten on April 12, 2008, 11:40:46 PM
Mmkay, so it would require T21's and not just a standard prop.. Nevermind then. Yeah, I didn't mean as for sequential numbering, just for example, one of those diamond signs with the double-split-arrow or such, or simply "Exit" with the arrow.

T21 exemplars are similar to Lots except for the fact that they do not support buildings or lot textures. T21's are how the props and flora are added to the tiles of networks in the game. If someone were to create the props, such as the Exit sign you mentioned, I'm sure the NAM Team would be willing to add it to the RHW via T21 exemplars for the exits.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

zakuten

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere in the old Highway Sign Threads, I'll be sure to search for them.

bat

Nice in-game picture of the tunnel there, also agree with the others.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

I'm finally back with an update on all things RHW. :)

While there will not be a full update ready any time soon, a "Version 20a" will be ready, which will incorporate a number of fixes to features already in Version 20:

-Fixes to the Orthogonal-Diagonal Transition dragging mechanism for MIS
-Stabilized Road/MIS T Intersections
-Draggable (non-smooth) S-Curve for RHW-4 fixed (which will make the smooth Lane Shift/S-Curve pieces easier to place)
-Rail-over-RHW-4 puzzle piece Pathing Fix
-Fixes for "Orphaned"/"Artifacting" textures on some ground level puzzle pieces (like the RHW-4-to-6S)
-Sidewalks removed on MIS textures in zoned areas

And I couldn't leave this update without a pic.  Introducing a new texture set I've designed myself:

It's about 93% done as of this moment. All of the pieces have been made, and I just need to make some adjustments here and there. ;)

After Version 20a, I am planning on implementing a new strategy with all future updates to the RHW mod.  Instead of having 8 months between releases (as was the case between the original v13 and v20), I am planning on doing a series of smaller, incremental updates which will add just a few new features, but will be released more frequently.  How does that sound?

-Alex (Tarkus)

dragonshardz

Sounds good to me!  :thumbsup:

BTW, what is the name of the third texture mod (yours)?

~~Dragonshardz~~

jplumbley

Quote from: dragonshardz on April 16, 2008, 08:11:52 PM
Sounds good to me!  :thumbsup:

BTW, what is the name of the third texture mod (yours)?

~~Dragonshardz~~

The RHW... It will be the main set in the download replacing the ones currently in the release.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

thundercrack83

I like these new textures, Alex! And, as far as your plan to release smaller increments of content more often--that works for me!

Take care, my friend! You're doing magnificent work!

Dustin

dragonshardz

So your new texture set will replace the current (default) RHW textures?

Just making sure I understood your post.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on April 16, 2008, 08:25:51 PM
So your new texture set will replace the current (default) RHW textures?

Just making sure I understood your post.

That is correct. ;)

And Dustin, thanks! :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

bwatterud

Will the current textures still be an option?  And I like the sound of more frequent, smaller updates.