• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Really, I am sure I speak for at least someone besides myself when I say that diagonals, particularly the NAM diagonal streets, brought me to the SC4 community in the first place, even if they didn't inspire me to post for the first time.  Of course, the then-latest version of the NAM was my first download.  However, when a mod is released that effectively adds a new orthogonal-only network to the game, I always think, "Why can't this be drawn diagonally?" or "Why can't this network intersect diagonally with that network?" instead of simply being grateful for the mod, as I should be.  However, it is apparent from this picture...

Quote from: Tarkus on August 25, 2008, 03:52:19 PM

-Alex (Tarkus)

...that some closure will be given to these questions, at least for the time being.  You truly rule the road, Alex.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! :thumbsup:  I'm just as excited to have these diagonals in as well. 

And there's more where those came from.

Diagonal Road/Orthogonal MIS +

Diagonal Road/Diagonal MIS +

The RULs are mostly working, with just a couple little stability things I have to work out.  And obviously, the textures aren't perfect.

More to come very soon. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

pilotdaryl

JoeST

ohhhhhhheeeeemmmmmmmmmgeeeeeeee

you do like your teasing dont you :p

fantastic as always :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

FYI, I've just posted up a new poll.  Just trying to gauge just what everyone wants with Version 21. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

I cant vote... hmmm

Heh . . . I forgot to unlock it. :-P  Thanks for catching me. -Alex

Thanks for fixing it :) /me voted
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simpson

Very good job there Tarkus can't wait to see the next  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Wohoo! Diagonal intersections! I'm so excited!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Danthe

Excellent information, work over v.21 goes to front. One more question has to You, essential for building interchanges:
do you foresee the possibility of building of estacades (from alley, road or OWR) over diagonal RHW or MIS? it was one should also very do under executioner 90 this the lack, flyover and it causes then the necessity of realization of long invasions

I greet, Mariusz (Danthe)

Tarkus

Thanks, guys!

Mariusz, do you mean building overpasses over diagonal RHW and MIS?  If so, then yes. :)  Once the elevated MIS gets added in, flyovers will be possible, too.

And now, even more stuff in the works--some preliminary textures for some new MIS Ramp Interfaces.

Here's a "left exit" ("right exit" for you LHD folks) in Ramp Style A.  I know some people have been waiting for this one for awhile.

And back on the diagonal topic, here's a diagonal Ramp Style B for the RHW-4: Diagonal RHW-4, Orthogonal MIS shooting off at 45 degrees.

Even more shortly . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit: the diagonal ramp pic seems to be shorting out . . . will get fixed tomorrow.

CasperVg

Oh, that sounds (I can't see the second picture) so amazing. Finally exit ramps for diagonal RHW-4's  $%Grinno$%
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Patricius Maximus

Looks great. Can't wait for v21 to come out.

MandelSoft

Can't see the 2nd Pic too... Nice left-hand ramp, Tarkus!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... A poll.

Nice exit. I think those left exits will be really helpful.  :thumbsup:

And I can't see the second picture either.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

DROOLING.  Haven't seen this many updates so quick in quite a while! :thumbsup: I wonder if there is any hidden meaning to it all...?

I happen to fall in the "fewer features, sooner release" category - you already have done A LOT of work on it, so I'm sure that if you release RHW v.21 sooner rather than later, it'll still be a major improvement over v.20 ;)

And yeah there is a problem with that second image.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pagenotfound

OOh a poll, does that mean it may come out soon? :D

But seriously I will take it anytime it comes; I appreiciate the awesome work, and I dont wanna rush it. :thumbsup:
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

gn_leugim

don't mind to wait.. if comes with new good stuff  :thumbsup:

metarvo

Quote from: pagenotfound on August 26, 2008, 11:12:33 AM
OOh a poll, does that mean it may come out soon? :D

But seriously I will take it anytime it comes; I appreiciate the awesome work, and I dont wanna rush it. :thumbsup:
Quote from: gn_leugim on August 26, 2008, 12:16:55 PM
don't mind to wait.. if comes with new good stuff  :thumbsup:

Same here.  I'm willing to wait if more content will be included.  We would have to wait for the additional content anyway.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.