• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lach77

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 28, 2011, 06:14:17 AM
I think that could be a bug in the lots... Actually query the neighbour connections and see if the traffic is actually using both connections and this isn't just a graphical glitch.

Yeah I did query the neighbour connection tile and traffic was using both connections. Unfortuanately when I go to click on the Maxis icon to take screenshots the traffic query closes. If I break the neighbour connection for the inside RHW then the entire connection is lost completely for the ground level road. Then if I use the invisible loop connectors in the 2 middle tiles the connection is restored but still has the same problem as before.  :)

Architect_1077

There may be a way to do that but I think it is impossible with the Marrast Lot pieces as those are probably not designed for neighbour connections. And one-way roads don't have a neighbour connection function. So I need to convert the one-way road to RHW. The only way that i can think of to retain the sunken highway is to use viaducts on the ground level roads but then that requires an extra 2 tiles wide for the slopes on each side. As I mentioned in my post above I'm trying to create a novel freeway design that looks more compact and sits inside the surface road. I included another picture below to show a SPUI intersection of what I'm trying to make. I'm pretty happy with it, except for the transit problem of course.  ;)

jdenm8

Did you use the Traffic Query Tool (The one used to check the usage of networks) or the regular Query Tool (To see the queries for lots and such), because I meant the latter.
Using the standard Query Tool on the arrow itself, I'm pretty sure you can see the exact usage.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Lach77

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 29, 2011, 02:14:46 AM
Did you use the Traffic Query Tool (The one used to check the usage of networks) or the regular Query Tool (To see the queries for lots and such), because I meant the latter.
Using the standard Query Tool on the arrow itself, I'm pretty sure you can see the exact usage.

I did use the traffic query tool. It was showing 3000 car commuters using the neighbour connection from both roads. So 3000 were using the road and at least 6000 for both of the connection tiles. I'm sure its possible to recreate this error. I think it is caused by having my RHW4 neighbour connection like this
(RHW4-South)(RHW4-South)(RHW4-North)(RHW4-North).

Architect_1077

@Lach77

Yeah, I didn't quite look at your layout properly. My bad...

Well, I guess another alternative could be to make your lateral OWRs diverge 1 tile further to either side of the highway, but only close to the edge of the city. Then you'd be able to keep the entire highway at the same level without having to raise it for the neighbor connections, and you would mostly keep your layout intact.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Synthael on December 26, 2011, 09:07:03 AM
What a Christmas present... I was suprised to see the textures finished and immediately downloaded them... And I must say, excellent work...

I found a small thing already, nothing big...
On FLexSPUI, textures for LHD are missing, only RHD ones showing up. Reinstalled the textures and tried rebuilding, didn't help so unless I'm missing something obvious, it must be texture file missing... Apart from that, the piece is working as intended, paths are correct.

When you guys find time, check it, but let it be after New Year, you need a big rest... =)
Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a few days with no internet.

This is the main reason why I needed LHD testers: there may be some LHD specific bugs, and this is one of them. I simply flipped the textures here on the SPUI, but I think the models flipped them back again in the LHD version. So excuse me for not noticing this bug, I'll try to fix it soon ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Synthael

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 31, 2011, 06:09:44 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a few days with no internet.

This is the main reason why I needed LHD testers: there may be some LHD specific bugs, and this is one of them. I simply flipped the textures here on the SPUI, but I think the models flipped them back again in the LHD version. So excuse me for not noticing this bug, I'll try to fix it soon ;)

Best,
Maarten

It not a problem, UDI goes with no problems over it, so it's just a graphical thingy i don't care about that much because it's hidden behind some tall builldings. :D

And about testing LHD things, if you need help about it, just say. I can help...

MandelSoft

Well, I'm always happy with a clear bug report or two when there are bugs ;) The less bugs there are, the happier I am...

Anyway, check if this bug-fix will fix your problem. Just put it in the same directory where the rest of the files of the mod are located (which should be in a directory in your RHW-folder)

Synthael

Unfortunately, it doesn't help  :(
Tried making new intersection and clicking over the extisting one with RHW tool...
I've got it in Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Real Highway Mod\zz_EuroTextures ... Got LHD file loading just before it, so it should be ok... Except an older file is lingering somewhere and I don't see it as I went through every folder and checked...

Sorry for troubling you while, in my opinion, you should rest :P

jdenm8

Nope... LHD file will need to load after the main mod. The corrected textures are being loaded and then the incorrect ones in the main mod. Those two need to be reversed.  ;)

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

noahclem

Will12

mike3775

I like that darkphalt.  I don't use any other available skins for RHW, but that I would use as it makes the yellow lines stand out big time, which would make it easier to see in the shadows

ivo_su

I have a modest idea for  a slight addition to the cosmetic mod to Maarten and  show you some fast made ​ ​textures. My idea is to have pieces of the arrow just to the front, with no deviations.  Their function will be  purely aesthetic and nothing more. My plans are to have such a piece on all networks, even for C-type 6 / 8.
I will be happy if Maarten and the rest like this idea.

- Ivo

MandelSoft

^^You mean the preview textures? I don't get it completely...

GDO29Anagram

Wait, those look like the FLUP textures.

Ivo, you sure you got the right textures for what you're describing? Are you requesting CPs with just straight arrows? If so, that isn't how it would be done. The arrows are actually a completely separate texture from the rest of the highway textures, which allows easier customisation of arrows (for RHW CPs and even TuLEPs), and also means less textures to create.

If you're requesting a texture modification to replace one of the CPs, that isn't how it works, either. You'd have to change the S3Ds so that they reference a different arrow, not the textures. As I said, arrows are separate from the actual CP textures. Picture it like this: You have a picture, with a transparent overlay with another image that goes over it. Changing the base texture to something else is like swapping out the picture for another, but you're still left with the transparent overlay.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

DAB_City

Sorry to interject here, but is RHW-6C over FlexSPUI supposed to work? It doesn't for me  ???
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

jdenm8

I remember it working, but only in a specific configuration.

DAB_City

I tried it with a RHW 6C on-slope piece on one side, and a 6C ramp on the other. I've rebuilt it into a different configuration, but I was just curious mainly  ;)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/