• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

congrats on 3500 replies, im going to bed - it's 2am!

thundercrack83

Wow, 3500! Congratulations, David! And congratulations to you, too, Rayden, for getting the honors!

Dustin

jacqulina

Pat

David congrats on the 3500 replies and to Rayden for taking it with such grace lol  $%Grinno$% ;D :D  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shingure

Congrats on 3500 Posts .   Also I have seen the Angled Roads on Simtrop
I must give you this

&apls

Finally another way to break from the grid!!

girlfromverona

Wow, wow, wow!!! Those curved roads are awesome! You are truly the master of SC4 realism.  :thumbsup:

dedgren

...whistles innocently...

Textures to Alex (Tarkus) after dinner.  We're going, btw, to have our 75,000th page view in about 30 minutes.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

girlfromverona

I know I just commented, but...

THIS IS PHENOMENAL!!

I cannot wait to have these roads in my game! You are making this game more realistic than I could ever have imagined. Thank you!

threestooges

That last pic really says it all. You've given the grid a swift kick in the... well never mind where. It looks great. Nice for an afternoon drive. Two questions, how do they handle slopes, and will they support houses etc.? Always interesting to see what you come up with. Incidentally, 75018 right now. Congratulations.
-Matt

Tarkus

Quote from: dedgren on May 03, 2008, 09:23:55 PM

Textures to Alex (Tarkus) after dinner.  We're going, btw, to have our 75,000th page view in about 30 minutes.

I'm looking forward to it. ;D  And congrats on hitting the big 75,000 and 3500, all in the same day!

And Matt, to answer your question, they should, once in puzzle piece form, work about like the NAM Curve Pieces in terms of their functionality.

Congrats to Silvio (Rayden) on getting that 3500th post as well.

-Alex

superhands

well david,
you should start redesigning the entire grid system of the 3RR region now you have broken the grid ;D

david

freedo50

That just looks silly  :D.
Seriously, though - this this is awesome work David, I can't wait to see you working with those for a collaboration quad.

Fred

P.S. 75067

bat

Congrats  on more than 3500 replies here, David! &apls

And also fantastic new pictures there!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more...

dedgren

Well, time to move ahead.  Recently my good friend Silvio (Rayden) made the 3,500th comment here.  We're a bunch of honors posts behind- the plan is one every other day or so this week to catch back up- but we might take Silvio a little out of turn, as we're working on his quad: Pink SW.

Here's the Atlas page.

The basic topo...

...and a "no trees" shot of the western side of the quad.

We'll be turning some further developments there as we prepare the quad for sending it to Silvio into the honors post, which is coming up soon

3RR hit 75,000 page views just after nine last night (AST - GMT-9).

We've had a lot of great new 3RR Regulars* join us- if you're still among the hundreds of lurkers out there we'd love to have you come join us- there's great things to come.

Later, my friends.

David

*  A 3RR Regular is, of course, anyone who has ever commented at least once here or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

thats some new wicked stuff David!!! I cant belive it 75k page views more like almost 75300 now...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

fan tastic work we are past 75300 now so that means at least 300 views in two posts, that in its self is an achievement, great work on the no orthogonal/diagonal straights, will be awesome to use in game...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Yoman

Alright, I'm back after my nearly week long period of solitude playing Grand Theft Auto IV, and well I've beat it which annoys me, because it was so good. But I see you've done some work here. Those roads look great. It seems like they might be a little wide, but it might be the angle.

Tarkus

A little progress report . . .

The straight piece is finished being pathed.  I have a few little issues to fix on the Short (22.5 degree) Curve.  The Long (67.5 degree) Curve still needs to be RULed and pathed, but I have the textures applied to the models already. :)

-Alex

threestooges

My but you guys are efficient with this stuff; and it looks great too. Good work on it and I'll keep an eye out for the next update(s).

thundercrack83

Looking good with those curves, Alex! I thought I was excited when the new NAM came out! These new curves have me on the edge of my seat!

And congrats to you, David, on reaching 75000+ views here! As of now, it's a 75351, so you're still climbing and climbing, my friend.  And it's no wonder why, with all the fantastic stuff happening here on an almost constant basis!

Dustin