• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Grand Duchy of Genevra

Started by Dark_Jedi06, October 05, 2008, 10:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sEAhAwk fAn121

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent work again . You seem to be a good lotter too. Very nice layout and your city smell life  ;D

pipishere

Oh a fabulous update!! Love the colours and glow of the pics. The ground textures are fabulous too. Great attention to detail!! :)

Emperor Stormont

Absolutely stunning attention to detail, a man after my own heart. It looks simply breathtaking.

I expect to see a gorgeous Atlantean Embassy soon LOL :D

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Dark_Jedi06

"She is tossed by the waves, but is not sunk."

The coast of Lake Léman is dotted by countless private and public marinas involved in recreational and commercial fishing as well as sailing. The crystal clear waters of the lake are meticulously maintained, zones extend from the coast inland which are areas in which industry and agriculture is banned. Pictured here is the popular marina, and exclusive, Navigar a Tenda (map point 1), also know as the Navigator.

Sheraton sill' Costa (map point 3) is one of many luxury hotels located around the coast of Lake Léman. Tourism has slowly become a booming industry in Genevra, and five-star hotels have begun to spring up. The Sheraton hosts its own private marina, numerous amenities and direct access to the Chaminar d' Riva, also known as the Lake Léman waterfront.

Another shot of the Sheraton framed by downtown Geneva. The Chaminar d' Riva extends out into the clear waters of Lake Léman.

Two more angles on the Sheraton sill' Costa and a larger view of the Chaminar d' Riva. The term largely refers to all of the waterfront promenades not only in Geneva, but in the various other coastal cities and towns along the lake. These stretches are often the locations of bustling local marketplaces or popular pubs, cafes and restaurants. According to a census conducted by the Genevran government, one fourth of the tourists who entered the country in 2007 did so so that they could spring a marriage proposal along the Chaminar d' Riva.

Commercial fishing is an important business and also a tightly restricted one. Family-owned companies, licensed by the government, usually own small marinas from which they trawl to fish char, perch and roach. Perch is the most popular and constitutes the national dish of Genevra, Filets de Perche. Shown here is a fishing marina (map point 2) owned and operated by the Zubriggen family, which also has its hands in the financial sector and government.

A night shot of the fishing marina.

Simpson-If you're interested in creating rain effects in Photoshop then check out this tutorial. :thumbsup:

bat-Thank you very much. :)

art128-I'm glad you think so. ;D

CarmineHilton-Well I love you, so this is awkward isn't it...:-[
Don't be hatin' Carmine. ()stsfd()

Yoman-Yes well I most certainly was inspired by Badsim and I've gone through all 50-something pages
of Antigone at least once. It's a lot of work, but using the LE makes my city look like no one else's. $%Grinno$%

kbieniu7-That was the first thing I discovered when testing out the LE...use lots of
trees and telephone booths and your streets come to life. :D

Seahawkfan121-Thank you very much Seahawk. :) I try to make it look as amazing as possible. :P

kimcar-Life is what I'm going for. Since everything is plopped and meticulously LOTted, it is imperative
that it looks like the exact opposite and that it all actually grew that way. ::)

pipishere-I absolutely looooooove detail. A place for every LOT and every LOT in its place. $%Grinno$%

Emperor Stormont-I'm working towards the international section of the city, chock full of embassies and
SCJU buildings. Since you asked so nicely, Atlantis will be one of the first. :)
...this space to be filled soon...

Simpson

Wow  :o
This is ansolutely splendid, I really love your city... this is so réalistic
Fantastic work  &apls
And also thank you for the tutorial  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CarmineHilton

All the custom lotting just blends together perfectly... I'm really stunned! :o
Fabulous DJ..... That's all I can say =)

Oh, maybe I could also say this: Best CJ in the SCJU? :)

pipishere

A super update! Again...the details is stunning. Wasn't too sure on the red texture on the plaza's.....but looking again....fits nicely!!  :thumbsup:

M4346

Flawless, absolutely flawless! And amazing use of custom and re-lotted content!

I am not only in admiration, but I'm sure I'm guilty of a hint of envy!

Great job, absolutely perfect!  &apls

PS. I especially love the effective and stunning use of that redbrick texture and the hedges!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

dark_jedi simply breathtakin stunning work here on Geneva!!! I love the shoreline area

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

I`m not desapointed at all with this update. Another stunning update that you just show to us  &apls &apls . I really enjoy the shorline. Great work again. :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

I can totally see the effort you've put in your custom lots and it really shows!  Those market areas, statues, and fountains really make this a wonderful city!  Keep up the great work!!

Check out Abelfarei!

art128

that's a fantastic update here my friend  &apls great work on that and on the LE  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Magnificant update, awesome pics and I love the work that you have done in LE.  Must have taken you a very long time to make all those LOTs.  &apls Your water fronts look great and very realistic.  I would love to see more.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kbieniu7

Awesome. Those places near roads are brilliant.  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

iamgoingtoeatyou

And to think you couldn't get any better.

Hah, I'm such a fool :P

Your city is STUNNING!

south park

OMG , your city looks awesome all is perfect ans the realism is here , when is you neighbour update ?! &apls :o
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

tankmank

Amazing update i loved it and all the colours where so bright and funky

Yoman

Excellent, I love the large size of the update, and your use of the gentle turns. When are we going to get to see the central station?  ;D