• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

I really like the next to last picture with the boulevard and monument :thumbsup:  Also, I agree with 11241036 about your eye for combining 19th and 20th century buildings.  It all looks great.

Themistokles

The city looks very well balanced between old and new, central and periferous. The city has real identity. I like the new plans, especially how the railways and roadways blend naturally into the cityscape - that's no easy task in a grid based simulator.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Nice to know you want to work on your city once again. From afar it already looks great but for course the two mosaics are well done. The way the avenue rounds up before the train station is excellent.
I like the plans you have, specially for the subway.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Quote from: 11241036 on November 06, 2015, 09:12:46 AM
Please don't worry about the work-in-progress-update, sometimes it is more interesting to see pictures of your city when it's not complete yet than seeing a completed city.

I totaly agree! Showing entire "under-construction" tiles, that gives the overall view, are interesting. Especially with showing your plans about the transport network :) And I need to say, that I love such plans!

So, let me say something... ;)

It's good, that you've planned your railway network - with one main stations (at least, that's what it seems like) connected with two metro lines.

I look at the north-eastern part of the green line and I wonder. It seems, that it makes a bit big loop and it is going to be doubled - by trams and partially by railway - if you plan to operate some kind of urban rail lines. I think, it would be much better to cut it and extend the premetro both northbound and eastbound, or somehow merge this line with overground network?  :)

Next, I would take a look at two stadiums, that I can see in the eastern part (theese ones over an highway tunnel). In such well and broadly planned network, I think they lack some connection. Maybe a railway station in the area? Or a slight change of the blue line?  ::)

That's all, for my nerdy analysis. I hope you will build a great city with a sustainable transport :thumbsup:

Finally, talking about the ingame shots - I love your avenue with tramway and RHW on both sides of the track. In such standard it has a chance to be a good rapid transport ;)

Regards!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

romualdillo

Great work so far!!!  &apls
I find the process of creating a city as interesting as the final result. It's even more instructive, because I can learn how people plan the infrastructure and zoning of their cities.  ;)

feyss

Hello people  :)

Well, I was really good surprised by all your comments. You all seems to like work in progress pictures, so I'll give you more  ;)

As I said before, I wanted to change all the city's transport network.

One thing I was not really happy was the main rail station that you can see on the next picture:

Why ?

Well, I had different problems with it. First of all, event if it remains a nice BAT, it didn't look really like a 'central station' in my opinion. I needed something more prestigious, a station that could fit like a landmark. Second, this station being a transit station, it had an impact on my train network. I was not really happy with this too little train circle around the city center. And last reason, and the most important for me, this rail line totally separated the city into two halves with the city center side well deserved by the station and an isolated neighbourhood on the other side.

So, I bulldozed everything as you can see:

I decided to use a terminus station in place of a transit station. It will give me the ground to extend the old city center around a new central place and a more prestigious town hall. It also allow me to connect this city centre with the western neighbourhood that will be densified.

I also decided to keep this station at the same level than the previous railtracks. It's why I used the 'Quais the Seine' as wall between the station and the avenue.

And, last picture, I give you an updated version of the planned train network:

I'm now open to your feedbacks  :thumbsup:

- REPLIES -

Seems you have a good eye for placement of buildings, especially combining 19th century buildings with those from early and late 20th century. Also, your new metro plans for Olsènes make sense to me. Please don't worry about the work-in-progress-update, sometimes it is more interesting to see pictures of your city when it's not complete yet than seeing a completed city.

Thank you my friend  :thumbsup:

Quote from: manga rivotra on November 06, 2015, 10:05:37 AM
Your new neighborhood called 'Mazy-Notre-Dame is really very successful.  &apls &apls &apls
I love your idea to bring greenery in this dense neighborhood via the tram route. The perspective of pedestrians on the impressive statue column and the rest of the "promenade" must be breathtaking from the tram station: a fine example of town planning  :thumbsup:
Great night pic too !

Thank you. I'm glad you like my avenue  ;)

Quote from: c.p. on November 06, 2015, 10:09:58 AM
I really like the next to last picture with the boulevard and monument :thumbsup:  Also, I agree with 11241036 about your eye for combining 19th and 20th century buildings.  It all looks great.

Thank you too  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Themistokles on November 06, 2015, 12:04:51 PM
The city looks very well balanced between old and new, central and periferous. The city has real identity. I like the new plans, especially how the railways and roadways blend naturally into the cityscape - that's no easy task in a grid based simulator.

Thanks a lot  :)

Quote from: art128 on November 06, 2015, 01:23:10 PM
Nice to know you want to work on your city once again. From afar it already looks great but for course the two mosaics are well done. The way the avenue rounds up before the train station is excellent.
I like the plans you have, specially for the subway.

Thank you Arthur  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kbieniu7 on November 07, 2015, 05:57:19 AM
Please don't worry about the work-in-progress-update, sometimes it is more interesting to see pictures of your city when it's not complete yet than seeing a completed city.

I totaly agree! Showing entire "under-construction" tiles, that gives the overall view, are interesting. Especially with showing your plans about the transport network :) And I need to say, that I love such plans!

So, let me say something... ;)

It's good, that you've planned your railway network - with one main stations (at least, that's what it seems like) connected with two metro lines.

I look at the north-eastern part of the green line and I wonder. It seems, that it makes a bit big loop and it is going to be doubled - by trams and partially by railway - if you plan to operate some kind of urban rail lines. I think, it would be much better to cut it and extend the premetro both northbound and eastbound, or somehow merge this line with overground network?  :)

Next, I would take a look at two stadiums, that I can see in the eastern part (theese ones over an highway tunnel). In such well and broadly planned network, I think they lack some connection. Maybe a railway station in the area? Or a slight change of the blue line?  ::)

That's all, for my nerdy analysis. I hope you will build a great city with a sustainable transport :thumbsup:

Finally, talking about the ingame shots - I love your avenue with tramway and RHW on both sides of the track. In such standard it has a chance to be a good rapid transport ;)

Regards!

Thank you for your constructive comment  :thumbsup:

I already changed my mind for the train network on the north-eastern part of the city. There was too much train line going north so I plan to make a rail line climbing the hill to the east. For the stadium, there was already a tramway line but you're right and I will add a metro station just below.

Quote from: romualdillo on November 07, 2015, 07:27:23 AM
Great work so far!!!  &apls
I find the process of creating a city as interesting as the final result. It's even more instructive, because I can learn how people plan the infrastructure and zoning of their cities.  ;)

Thank you too  ;)

manga rivotra

I love the density in your city and the use of symmetry in the left side. Great work !  :thumbsup:
So I think it's a good idea to expand a little more on the space left by the old railways.
I look forward to see more.    :)

kelis

Fantastic work once again. I like this kind of update. I can't wait for the next update  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Gugu3

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

Really enjoy these behind the scenes updates!  :thumbsup:

The mosaic from previous update is superb!!  &apls &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

It's true the previous station didn't really fit with the general ambiance of the city. However I'm not a fan of the station you used.. It is by no means an ugly building, in fact it's fabulous, but I really hate how the platforms were modeled... They kinda ruin the whole building.

Good luck with the rebuilding. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

feyss

Hi there,

I have a small teaser for you  :thumbsup:

(again, you can click for the real size picture)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: manga rivotra on November 25, 2015, 01:27:10 AM
I love the density in your city and the use of symmetry in the left side. Great work !  :thumbsup:
So I think it's a good idea to expand a little more on the space left by the old railways.
I look forward to see more.    :)

Thank you! I actually like to build dense city, but maybe my Sims will need some parks in the periphery as well  :D

Quote from: kelis on November 25, 2015, 03:24:26 AM
Fantastic work once again. I like this kind of update. I can't wait for the next update  &apls &apls

Thank you my friend  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 25, 2015, 09:43:04 AM
Excellent job!

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: Kergelen on November 26, 2015, 01:22:35 PM
Fantastic progress &apls

Thanks as well  :)

Quote from: vortext on November 26, 2015, 02:34:19 PM
Really enjoy these behind the scenes updates!  :thumbsup:

The mosaic from previous update is superb!!  &apls &apls

Thank you vortext  :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on November 27, 2015, 05:32:29 AM
It's true the previous station didn't really fit with the general ambiance of the city. However I'm not a fan of the station you used.. It is by no means an ugly building, in fact it's fabulous, but I really hate how the platforms were modeled... They kinda ruin the whole building.

Good luck with the rebuilding. :)

Thanks Arthur. To be honest, I already bulldozed it  %wrd. I will use the Quai d'Orsay station instead. I have to agree the Melbourne station is a really fantastic but quite annoying BAT. Maybe because of its modular aspect. My main problem was to see catenaries above the roof  &mmm

art128

Nice teaser! I really like how the trams goes around the city blocks.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

What you have done with the trams looks really amazing. And that tram/road bridge is awesome!

romualdillo

That teaser is too small! I need to see more to judge!  :D Please!

Gugu3

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

That teaser image is quite nice! There's lots of detail there.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel