• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW Divider set

Started by Nique, March 20, 2008, 03:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Hi there!!

I 've made an RHW divider set. There is still one problem. Its an hell out of there to find the good dependancies back because i have packed all my directories to one dat file. I just need to find 2 props, when i find them i can release this set. I know the names of those 2, and i know they came from BSC files.

Here are some previews..
Close up
Day

Night

Close up
Day

Night

You need to customize your lot by yourself by adding trees. There is one eyecandy lot with flowers. (yellow as you can see). Maybe i will expand this pack later with more flowers/props on it to make unique intersections in your city. (so that they dont look al the same).
Proudly developer of

BarbyW

Please don't lot with everything packed into one dat. You should always keep your original folders when lotting so that you know where dependencies come from.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Andreas

When editing lots in the Lot Editor, it's advisable to empty your plugins folder and only install the depedencies you want to use. This way, you don't need to research for the files. If you don't know which prop can be found in what file, use a handful of common mega packs. For determining which props you have used on your lot, you can still use SC4Tool's Analyser/Importer. Start the tool, open your lot and click on the "Dependencies" tab. The props should be labeled, so you might be able to see which ones you used - i. e. SimGoober's props usually start with "SG_", the ones by jestarr have a "jes_" prefix, and Cycledogg labels his ones with "CP_".
Andreas

Nique

Good tips, its my first lot.. ;)

But i didnt really expect i was going to publish it. But i think some people would be pleased if i did. So it will come when i have located the files in that 2GB mess.
Proudly developer of

RebaLynnTS

If you decide to delve into the lotting game more often, you will find it helpful to have a second plugins folder, just for developing stuff. All you need to do is rename the old one to Plugins-play, and make a new one named Plugins. Then when you want to play, rename your development one to Plugins-dev, and the Plugins-play, back to plugins. It can get tedious, but is worth the effort.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

superhands

great work.
did you make the road barriers your self?
if so any plans for overhanging barriers that would divide 4lane rhw/avne?

jeronij

My suggestion is that you use props families whereever it is possible, (trees, flowers and such). It will give a slightly different look to the lot, every time you place it.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

Quote from: jeronij on March 21, 2008, 12:38:49 AM
My suggestion is that you use props families whereever it is possible, (trees, flowers and such). It will give a slightly different look to the lot, every time you place it.
I can only second that. Using families whereever it is possible will give you diversity without cost ( ie RAM or loading time )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Nique

Quote from: jeronij on March 21, 2008, 12:38:49 AM

When i add a family i cant see what i will plop in the lot editor. A lot of families are 'unnamed' or 'unknown'.. I dont wanna start the game 500 times to find the good family ;).
I hope someone can create an alternative for loteditor becaus that program is really limited.

I didnt make those barriers. They come from the JPN wall set.
Proudly developer of

RebaLynnTS

There is a mod that names all the prop families, I forget where it is right now, but I am sure someone will supply a link.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Nique

Quote from: BarbyW on March 21, 2008, 08:49:05 AM
The Prop Family Names mod is on the LEX.

Cool!!!

Thats what i need!

But now you'll have to wait for new ones, i will update them with family props
Proudly developer of