• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Wow! Now that's what we call a city hall! I like it, it really shows the evolution of a city centre as time goes.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on June 27, 2012, 12:46:03 AM
@ Fred
I took the image of the first stage at a "game time" that the sims were at home and in bed... I never use the night view, so it's always daylight in my Cities. And indeed the white square with the foutain on stage 2 needs some people. Maybe I'll add a herring or icecream cart too.

Sounds great! Should wait the 3 minutes for gamedaytime comes back before taking pics.... ;)...looked empty to me without having thought that the picture was taken at "simbedtime".
Anyway, looks excellent and good enough for me to use it in my MD as the new townhall of Phlox, once it gets independant from Access Ctr.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 28, 2012, 06:31:00 AM
Quote from: FrankU on June 27, 2012, 12:46:03 AM
@ Fred
I took the image of the first stage at a "game time" that the sims were at home and in bed... I never use the night view, so it's always daylight in my Cities. And indeed the white square with the foutain on stage 2 needs some people. Maybe I'll add a herring or icecream cart too.

Sounds great! Should wait the 3 minutes for gamedaytime comes back before taking pics.... ;)...looked empty to me without having thought that the picture was taken at "simbedtime".
Anyway, looks excellent and good enough for me to use it in my MD as the new townhall of Phlox, once it gets independant from Access Ctr.

Fred

Yes, the 3 minutes wait. I realised that afterwards and was too lazy to make a new image. This waiting is one of the reasons that I am not fond of those daytime-timed props. I always need to wait until I can make an image of a certain part of town.

Anyway, considering the feedback I think I'll release the set soon. I will add Landmark versions too.

FrankU

Sorry people,

It's going to take some time.  :'(

The three lots are OK. They even work. Probably even the way they should, but I am not happy with the result.

In order to be able to use all three stages you need the MrTruesage CityHalls Reward mod. You can find an English version on the Stex and a German version on Simcitykurier (translated by Andreas Roth).
When you install this mod you must install it in such a way that it loads before my lots. Not too difficult, but I'd like to have it differently.
The mod contains three lots and buildings, that are overwritten by my lots when you load my lots after the mod.
This is not too hard to change, although it means that I have to edit the mod. I don't know if MrTruesage agrrees on this. I sent him a PM, but I fear he is out of the community for some time already.

The worst thing is that the mod gives you indeed three lots. If the city grows you can place stage 1, later you get the opprtunity to place stage 2. But instead of replacing stage 1 you need to leave stage 1 in your city and plop the stage 2 on another spot. With stage 3 this is the same, meaning that you end up with three cityhalls on each tile in your region! I call this stupid.
Of course you can delete stage 1 after you have placed stage 2, although I am not sure if you get stage 3 then. Probably not. I think you have to place stages 2 and 3. Then you can delete 1 and 2, but now you end up with your city hall on another spot than you want it... A bit stupid all in all.

It might be that I overlooked something, so I have to confirm the above. When this is really true I will redo my City Hall lots. I will make three lots with each containing one of the three buildings. Stage 1 is the old one, stage 2 the 1930'ies one and stage 3 the 1980'ies one. This means that you can add the second and third stage next to the first lot. It's apity that you will lose the nice gradens of stages 1 and 2, but we can't have everything. Now you will end up with a large complex containing three city hall buildings.

Nice idea or what?

FrankU

Bump the bump....

(Is anyone actually reading this thread or are all my friends gone on vacation?)

I found out, thanks to Paeng on Simpeg.com, that I was wrong. The City Hall mod gives you the opportunity to plop the second lot when it has become available after you bulldoze the first lot. I just was a bit too quick with my thoughts and I did not really understand how the mod was made. Now I know better.

I will keep the three lots as I showed them. I just have to do some editing of the mod files. It will take some time this summer, but probably somewhere in August I can release the set.

Still there is a question about the stats of the landmarks and CS-landmarks that I'd like to add to the set. The stats look a bit weird and unbalanced, although they are completely produced by SC4-Pim.

mrbisonm

I'm still reading it.......lol. Though I think a lot of folks are taking profit of the summerdays at the moment.

;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

vortext

Still reading too Frank  ;)

As for adding job & stats. First of all, you're aware the filling degree for BATs can be changed with the SC4PIM, right?

Otherwise when using the default 0.5, the first cityhall will have way too many jobs and unbalanced stats indeed. I'd suggest to set the filling degree to something like .2 since the actual BAT doesn't occupy the entire LOD box.

Secondly, civic building work different from RCI buildings and only hold jobs for each wealth level. In addition civic buildings don't generate any RCI demand, it just mops up the available workforce.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Hi Vortex,

Yes I know how to change values with filling degree. And that is all I know, more or less.

I made a list of the most important values of all six lots. They are all 6x8 and have the same looks as the three city hall lots.

Landmark version without jobs

Stage 1 
Filling degree:   0.25
Plop cost   § 54400
Bulldoze cost   § 544
Monthly cost   § 104
Pollution Air   1 over 1
Pollution Water   1 over 2
Garbage   10
Flammability   10
Power consumed   50
Water consumed   0
Landmark effect   40 over 20

Stage 2
Filling degree:   0.5
Plop cost   § 54400
Bulldoze cost   § 544
Monthly cost   § 104
Pollution Air   1 over 1
Garbage   11
Flammability   10
Power consumed   60
Water consumed   0

Stage 3 
Filling degree:   1.0
Plop cost   § 54400
Bulldoze cost   § 544
Monthly cost   § 104
Pollution Air   2 over 1
Garbage   13
Flammability   10
Power consumed   70
Water consumed   0

Landmark versions with CS jobs

Stage 1
Filling degree:   0.25
Capacity satisfied C$   1215
Plop cost   § 7842
Bulldoze cost   § 512
Monthly cost   § 0
Pollution Air   12 over 5
Pollution Water   6 over 5
Garbage   36
Flammability   45
Power consumed   25
Water consumed   245
Landmark effect   0 over 0

Stage 2
Filling degree:   0.5
Capacity satisfied C$   2426
Capacity satisfied C$$   609
Plop cost   § 9060
Bulldoze cost   § 528
Monthly cost   § 0
Pollution Air   30 over 5
Pollution Water   15 over 6
Garbage   30
Flammability   40
Power consumed   49
Water consumed   586

Stage 3
Filling degree:   1.0
Capacity satisfied C$   4849
Capacity satisfied C$$   1215
Capacity satisfied C$$$   488
Plop cost   § 10574
Bulldoze cost   § 544
Monthly cost   § 0
Pollution Air   43 over 6
Pollution Water   21 over 7
Garbage   43
Flammability   35
Power consumed   136
Water consumed   1218

The landmarks only have no water consumption?
Although the filling degrees differ the plopcost and landmark effects are the same?

But especially the landmarks with jobs:
The second lot has least garbage?
Enormous water consumption?
No landmark effects?
Flammability getting less?
No monthly cost?

Do you think these are weird?
I am not such a good modder and in fact I hardly care about the numbers.... I just don't want to upload a set of lots that have unwanted effects in the games of all those who care about balance. If I do they will remember me as the guy who makes nice looking lots that screw up your game.

And that is not my aim!

gn_leugim

it is odd indeed, you should point this out to PIM-x people  "$Deal"$

FrankU

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 26, 2012, 03:19:05 AM
it is odd indeed, you should point this out to PIM-x people  "$Deal"$
Well, how should I do it? A PM to BarbyW?

Anyway: good news!

I finally managed to make the three stages and the three lots work the way they should.
I had made some premature conclusions about the way the City hall mod works, but as said before: Mr Paeng helped me and I found the way out.

Now everything concerning the lots works.

And now a second item. I'd like to add a Dutch translation to the mod and the lots. Most of it is simple: open the textfiles provided by MrTruesage and translate the texts into Dutch. No problem. Except one issue: the names of the lots. I'd like the users to have the choice for a Dutch, an English and a German lot name. In English the lot is called "Dutch City Hall - Stage 1". This should be the default name for anybody who does not want Dutch or German. Now I'd like to add a feature/textfile/entry so that with a separate file the choice can be made for German or Dutch. How, please, do I do that? Somehow I cannot find a solution.

gn_leugim

yey, good news indeed.

I think you could pm her. RippleJet would be the more appropriate person, but he is on vacations, so you might pm her or Wolf maybe ;)

vortext

The stats look a bit weird indeed. Did you create each stage with the same BAT? Or to put it in other words, the only difference between the stages is the filling degree?

As for the different languages; afaik the only way to provide users with a choice is to create an installer which offers the different options.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

gn_leugim

isn't  possible to add it as multilanguage file? the PMIX support that feature.

FrankU

Quote from: vortext on July 27, 2012, 10:54:10 AM
The stats look a bit weird indeed. Did you create each stage with the same BAT? Or to put it in other words, the only difference between the stages is the filling degree?

As for the different languages; afaik the only way to provide users with a choice is to create an installer which offers the different options.

Yes, all with the same BAT: the old Dutch city hall you see on all lots. The landmarks with jobs also differ in their CS property: the Stage 1 is CS$, Stage 2 id CS$$ and Stage 3 is CS$$$.

I did PM BarbyW.

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 27, 2012, 12:09:01 PM
isn't  possible to add it as multilanguage file? the PMIX support that feature.

And yes, indeed. I was a bit quick yesterday. Today I read the SC4-Pim manual (I actually did! Do you believe me?) and found out that I was a bit too quick with my conclusions yesterday.

Now I have English as default and Dutch and German for those who have a Dutch or German game. So now the MrTruesage mod/CityHall mod is available in English, thanks to MrTruesage himself, German, thanks to Andreas Roth, and Dutch, because of my interference.

I hope I will have conclusions about the stats of the landmarks soon, because then I can release the set without fear of screwing up someone's game.

gn_leugim

if you want to add Portuguese you can: "Câmara Municipal" (european portuguese) or "Perfeitoria" (if you prefer the brazilian portuguese)

art128

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 29, 2012, 05:41:37 AM
if you want to add Portuguese you can: "Câmara Municipal" (european portuguese) or "Perfeitoria" (if you prefer the brazilian portuguese)

And French as well for the french players.  "Mairie" or "Hôtel de Ville"   Mairie being used in small villages and towns, whereas Hôtel de Ville is used in bigger cities. Both are used commonly, so I guess you can pick which ever you like the most. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Yes, those are good ideas! All correct proposals of languages avaliable in SC4 will be added. So if you know one, please post. Preferably with three stages: small, medium and large.
I only fear I am not able to reproduce all special letters and signs, like the German double s, all this scandinavian crossed o's, not to speak of cyrillic and asian alphabets. Sorry....

For French I think of:
- Mairie
- Grand Mairie
- Hotel de Ville

Portugese will be:
- Câmara Municipal pequeno
- Câmara Municipal medio
- CM grande

Are these correct and or acceptable?
Please correct, otherwise I will make a fool of myself, but I will put your name in the read me!

Flatron

as neither Rathaus nor Gemeindeamt(19th cty./austria) contain "ß", you don't have to fear that :D
the swedish rådhus does only contain "å" which is alt + 0229, but i'm sure you already know that.... :)

Sciurus

In french would it be indeed "mairie", "grandE mairie" and "hôtel de ville". ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *