• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Yes Mrtnrln, thats exactly what I hoped someone could do with the Maxis highway! The shoulder makes a real big difference, because the wall made them unreal.

sithlrd98

I need to change my underwear after seeing the last 3 pages !  :-[ Great work Smoncrie, Tarkus , SA and everyone else that is involved! Hats off to you all!!!!  &apls

krbe

mightygoose

Quote from: Rechi on June 04, 2008, 07:54:35 AM
WOW!  :)
After all the time, now do someone something for the Maxis Highway! *My new God^^*

So, here is a little preview for the HERHW exit:

the exit interface with the carriageway is ridiculous, a micu smoother and less angular merging lane should be made, cars would have to slow to a virtual stop to navigate that offramp.... it should also be much longer to allow cars to slow down for the traffic lights...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Jonathan

Rechi, while that is far far far better than anything I could do, wouldn't it be best if the elevated MIS interfaced with the Elevated RHW-4? Like the ground versions do? This would allow the same customization as we have at the moment with the ground versions.

Still the models apart from the technical things are great :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

I started a new topic about the re-styling of the Maxis highways, the HRS Project, because this thread is reserved for the RHW Project.

@Rechi: The model looks good, but I agree with the technical issues mentioned in the posts above.

EDIT: I attached the first version of the RHWAM. It combines the exit signs, lights and guard rails together. Please install one Type21 dat-file and one exitsign dat-file
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Yeah! My RHW now has green American exit signs!  :thumbsup: Thanks Mrtnrln. I don't know what more could be added to that, so I think the RWHAM is complete then?

deathtopumpkins

Complete? Never. Surely there's always something new to add.

If you take suggestions, mrtrln, how about some road signs Type-21'd in on some of the other puzzle pieces? (i.e. median keep right on RHW2-4 transition, curve ahead signs on the curve pieces, or even merge signs on MIS onramps--you get the idea) That is, if it's possible. I know virtually nothing about type 21 exemplars.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

Those signs would be good on every network if they could be exemplared. I actually already made a median keep right sign, exactly like that, but never incorporated it into t21 usage. So if you want to use mine, you can PM me, because its already made. It can fit in avenue, in between ghw, and rhw. Then again, replicating these signs should be simple.

MandelSoft

I was also thinking about those signs. That will be done in the next version. The models were done very quickly (about 20 minutes for 4 signs).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Looking good, signs are just as important when it comes to traffic flow. I still say both American and European keep right signs would be a good idea for avenue medians as well.

deathtopumpkins

:thumbsup:
Just make the post narrower and it would be perfect!

I can help make the signs and send them to you to t21. I'm pretty good with them, I've made a couple of freeway signs (some of which were that size). Just PM me if you need some help.

ma360

I think it could be fun to see the RWH on the simcity map and regional view

allan_kuan1992

and that will never happen ma360, sadly... some of the game's hardcoded properties prevent us from doing that.

This had been discussed before; read previous posts please before asking questions... as they may have already been answered.
- Allan Kuan

sithlrd98

I have to give you applause mrtnrln &apls this is a wonderful addition! I have a question/problem though: when dragging a curve , the outside guard rail is not showing up...yes I have the RHW texture and the rails are showing up before and after the curve. Is anyone else having this issue? Other than that , I love having the T-21 props!

deathtopumpkins

I'd like to make a request, if that's possible.
(I don't think this has been addressed yet, but definately not in the last 50 pages)
Is there going to be a style b on/offramp for RHW6?
I recently wanted to upgrade a cloverleaf to have deceleration lanes, but having to run the MIS straight next to the RHW4 then connect them with a C style onramp was annoying.
If it's not already included, this is something I'd really like to see.

smoncrie

Here is my second RHW-4 bridge. (Tarkus and Shadow Assassin showed pictures of my first one)  This bridge depends on an idea by Tarkus (The correct IID of the dirt road bridge spec RUL's).

Haljackey

deathtopumpkins:  Actually, it has been addressed :P
-From what I recall, this should be included in the next version, however I am sure Tarkus will confirm this for ya!

smoncrie: Wow, amazing work as always!  It looks perfect!

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Yes! Thanks haljackey.
Awesome bridge BTW smoncrie. Anxiously keeping my eyes peeled for v21.