• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CityMania

Started by Nique, February 03, 2009, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croxis

It would be less than 3d models if we used just four possible facings like sc4. However the freeform rotations means that there will be a unique texture for every building for every camera direction. This quickly adds up.

By going full 3d buildings can potentially share textures in common which can further reduce texture memory use.

tomkeus

Quote from: croxis on January 30, 2010, 10:52:40 AM
That was the plan. Until calculations were made that for a large city people would require about 500 gigs of ram.

Actually that was 5 gigs of video memory, but nevertheless, it could as well be 500 gigs for that matter.
#define TRUE FALSE /*Happy debugging suckers*/

croxis

So I have issues with my decimal places :P

colonyan

Dear CityMania Developer members.
I reinstalled sc4 just yesterday after 1 whole year of temporary "divorce" and found about this
exciting project. Now I've found about CityMania, there's load of posts to read now!
Anyway, great initiative and faith to the city builder game. I will keep close eye to this.
I hope you best wishes for this project.

catty

Hi Guys

I started a topic in other games about Cityscape 1.8, this isn't a game or a city simulation as such, but it is a urban planner

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10196.0

the company also did a youtube video for V1.7 which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9bND1uRXs

which makes interesting watching

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Commadner jao

Quote from: catty on February 13, 2010, 08:43:55 AM
Hi Guys

I started a topic in other games about Cityscape 1.8, this isn't a game or a city simulation as such, but it is a urban planner

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10196.0

the company also did a youtube video for V1.7 which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9bND1uRXs

which makes interesting watching

:)
judging from the video this is what every commercially made city building game should aim for. it is epic :P

but it costs $19,000 :'(

donoteat

Hi. I'm donoteat. I make low-poly buildings and infrastructure for various 3D simulators.

Do you want any...?

(also, I doubt that this is the proper place to post this.. where should I actually be posting it?)
This is a signature.

croxis

Those look nice! Just to let you know all official in game art will be under creative commons attribution share alike. As long as you are ok with that then I think I can get started on getting some of these assets in :)

Right now there is no mechanism, I want to set up a package system to make custom content easy to distribute.

Commadner jao

nice models
also incidental  echo echo echo

its very quite :sleeping:

were is everyone at, whats happening or is everyone at school like me :'(

regards

croxis

Facing a gui issue that has been around for a while, just I have not wanted to deal with :(

DanniBee

Quote from: donoteat on February 28, 2010, 09:30:13 AM
Hi. I'm donoteat. I make low-poly buildings and infrastructure for various 3D simulators.

Do I remember you making Penguinville for Rigs Of Rods?

croxis

Got the gui bug fixed!

I've been extending the paged terrain support so a region can be non power of two. It will still need to be a multiple of 64+1 in size as the base terrain tile is 64 squares by 64 squares. However the results so far will be disastrous for anyone living in the region...

JoeST

Awesome stuff happening in here, thankyou croxis :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TJ1

I hope City Mania looks like that urban planner Cityscape :thumbsup:

croxis

I hope so to, but right now I will be happy with some blank boxes lol

tomkeus

OK guys, I wasn't around for some time, but I am working on 3D version of construction layer prototype I made few months ago. I don't have much time though and there is a lot of kinks with drawing 3D objects.

I have solved most of the fundamental problems few weeks ago but I'm still not happy with some details.

I hope I will have opportunity to upload something for you to play within a week or two.

Nique

I havent been around lately also. This is because of some serious personal problems. (i have been declared bankrupt... and can keep myself barely alive with the resources i have).

But; i want to thank you all for all your effort, your thinking, your creativity, willingness and so forth.. you guys put in this project. Especialy Croxis and Tomkeus.

If you have anything to offer to this game. Please don't be shy to mention it, in one of the threads. At the moment i am unable to develop anything actively but i see that this game will not die. Even if it will be silent for a period of time, don't write this game off please. As i've stated before, it can take a couple of years to bring something useful, and this is one of the reasons for it. We are doing everything in our spare 'free' time. If we had the resources, to hire staff, to get a central office .. we would have do this job a lot quicker but that's not the case. We are all (working) humans and doing it in our free time.

Thank you!   ()stsfd()
Proudly developer of

croxis

Had a friend go through the same because of medical bills. Hope things turn out better!

Trias

Just wanted to show my appreciation for this project. It would be totally awesome if you guys can bring to some "complete" end result. &apls

I've not much time to spend due to RL obligations. (The more I applaud the people giving their scarce time!) So, I won't be contributing beyond some sideline cheering and commenting.

Cheer. Cheer. Cheer. Keep it up!

tomkeus

I was sidetracked a week ago by having to start the work on the content management system in order to continue with my work on the construction layer. Meanwhile, something came up, I had to prepare some talk and I didn't do any work since then. Though, courtesy of Eyjafjallajökull, my flight was canceled yesterday and everything was shifted for a week, so I'm completely free for the entire week to finish the work on content management system and begin implementing interface so I could finally upload that god damned prototype.