• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Are the Elevated RHW dragable pieces also available as normal puzzlepieces?  ::)
They look great, by the way.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Tarkus

Quote from: caspervg on June 30, 2008, 12:24:10 AM
Are the Elevated RHW dragable pieces also available as normal puzzlepieces?  ::)
They look great, by the way.

Thanks, Casper. :)  To answer your question, the El-RHW is strictly draggable--it's more or less set up just like the Ground RHW.

-Alex (Tarkus)

CasperVg

Thanks for the fast response, can the ERHW thus also be used as an overpass for the GRHW?

Tarkus

Quote from: caspervg on June 30, 2008, 01:16:39 AM
Thanks for the fast response, can the ERHW thus also be used as an overpass for the GRHW?

That it can. ;)  There will also be a High Elevated RHW as well, which will also be draggable and be able to overpass a normal ERHW as well as a GRHW.  In the last pic I showed, everything is draggable--there's not a single puzzle piece.

Quote from: godjcjk12 on June 29, 2008, 09:11:39 PM
nice job Tarkus. can't wait for the new RHW. will their be wider EL-RHW?

There will indeed be.  The overrides copy over between the Ground and Elevated versions quite nicely.

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

Tarkus... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

the people on this site are just getting more and more clinicaly insane....

*phones the men in white coats*

btw, does a network "know" when it is approaching a puzzle piece?  as around here, a lot of the over bridges cause the loss of the hard shoulder  (like here) I was just wondering if that was possible?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on June 29, 2008, 01:43:43 PM
The RHW6 is two tiles wide, though. It'd need a special puzzle piece and not just texture overrides, if it could be done at all. (At least, that's how I understand it).
Quote from: Tarkus on June 29, 2008, 03:10:33 PM
Yes, that's exactly the issue.  Unfortunately, there's not really any convenient way to do it draggable and still have it be stable. 

I was also thinking of a puzzle piece, because the Maxis Highway is a full 3D object. I understand that it can't be done by a simple texture overide. Still, I hope this issue will be solved.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deion30296

You could maybe make the shoulder smaller. Like on narrow bridges. I've seen shoulders on flyovers but they are a bit smaller. Maybe there could be deflectors on the side.
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

CasperVg

Thanks again Tarkus, and yet again I have another question; will an OnSlope piece for the (G)RHW be made, so that at one side it connects to regular (G)RHW, and on the side after the slope to ERHW, like GLR has for ElRail<->GLR?

Oh, by the way, if you plan on having a separate file for the RHW v21's LTEXTs, could you send that file over to me, so I can translate it to Dutch?  ::)

gn_leugim

smoncrie

Caspervg, it is possible to make an OnSlope puzzle piece that allows you to drag RHW on one end and ERHW on the other.  Unfortunately, such a piece would block one tile at the bottom of the slope so that a perpendicular network running right next to the bottom of the slope could not pass through.  This is because ERHW is not a standard Maxis network.   In contrast there is no blockage with the GLR "T" OnSlope because Elevated rail is a Maxis network.

MandelSoft

I've read the FAQ's, but still I want to know what things will be certainly released in v21. I'm just curious.

Patricius Maximus

QuoteThat it can.   There will also be a High Elevated RHW as well, which will also be draggable and be able to overpass a normal ERHW as well as a GRHW.  In the last pic I showed, everything is draggable--there's not a single puzzle piece.

That's simply great, especially since it's draggable. Just three questions:

1. Will there be on-slope pieces from GRHW to ERHW.
2. Will there be on-slope pieces from ERHW to Double-Height ERHW

I wanted to know. If both are in development, then I can make this:

As you can see, both pieces will prove crucial in making this in SC4.

Also, if both are made than many new interchanges will be possible. So far, all of it looks great.

Keep on going!

Shadow Assassin

Three questions? :P Where's the third?

The answer is 'yes' to both of them, they are being developed. It might be a while before we see any shots, though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Patricius Maximus

There is no third question  :D

It's great that they are in development. It's nice that we'll be able to build interchange with 4 levels (including tunnels  ;)) with both bridges and embankments.

I'll be keeping up with the developments of the RHW as usual.

MandelSoft

I got last evening a weird idea: Maxis Highway and MIS ramps. I was thinking of a off/onramp style-A for the Maxis Highway. That would give the standard Highway a huge boost of posbillities!

Patricius Maximus

Making MIS type A and B ramps for Maxis highway would be a nice idea.

It could start out as an ordinary onramp and then transition to an MIS texture. If it were enabled with a starter piece for MIS, it would boost possibilities significantly, especially for suburban areas and my RHW-FHW collector systems.

It's strange, since I had a wierd idea on the NWM thread with a reversible lane textures and props being a "masked" ARD-3.

Personally, mrtnrln, I think it's a brilliant idea.

riiga

First of all:
You're doing an awesome job on the RHW and MIS.

Now to my question:
Is this (or something similar) possible to do with the MIS? If so, will it be present in the next release?

(Photoshopped image)

MandelSoft

Hmmm... That's usefull for a stack interchange, but there ends the functionallity of the piece. If the bottom lane is straight, it's more usefull, I think.

MandelSoft

Well, the first thing you must think of when you request for a puzzle piece is: "Is it commonly used, or can it be used in many ways?" This is the point where most ideas fail, because they have about one or two uses. Looking at the map, this interchange isn't that common or can be used in many ways, so I think it wouldn't make it to v21.

And by the way, welcome on SC4Devotion!