• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nam 31.2

Started by Starmanw402007, September 09, 2013, 05:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Howdie Mayors; lately I've been having issues with nam 31.2. After I have download it it seems to just disappear after I have moved it from downloads to plug in lol. I don't know why it's disappearing the way it is.  I've downloaded it like 12 times this years. And it won't allow me to download anymore after 12. It said I reached my limit on downloading.  I don't understand why there is a limit on downloading  a certain file.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

First off, rather than moving it to Plugins, you should be unzipping it in your downloads folder and running the installer.  Moving it to Plugins does nothing.  As far as why it might be disappearing, if you happen to have a poorly-tuned antivirus program that, rather than actually scanning a file, tries to summarily categorize it (which usually doesn't end well for any software other than that produced by major publishers), it'll eat the file and put it into quarantine.  In that case, check the AV program's logs to see if it's decided to gulp down the NAM installer.

Finally, as far as the download limit goes, the main reason we do that is because of bandwidth concerns.  We typically allow a user to download any given file up to 3 times during a 24 hour period, to account for possible downloading issues, but not beyond that.

-Alex

Starmanw402007

Do u know when the next update will be for the nam? and thanks for explaintation. I do have the cos mods downloaded. And also have a new computer. It has windows 8 and 1.79 TBs Of Hard Drive space and 17.7 ram space. I had to save for this computer lol. Computers don't come cheap. Do u have any collection disc where we can purchase like that of Sim Tropolis has. Because I've been considering on getting the collection disc from Sim Tropolis Vol 2,3 and 4. That way I don't have to download constantly and take up space on my computer lol. And also thanks for nam 31.2.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

There is no release date for the next NAM.  The release date we gave for NAM 31.0 was planned all along to be a one time thing.

There was a LEX DVD, but it's been sold out for some time, and no new ones have been made.  I know RippleJet had been offering up the contents of the disc as a digital download for donors to the site in the meanwhile, though I don't know what the status is on that front.

-Alex