• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

mjig_dudy. Wow

guess i got a long way to go lol

Amazing pics  &apls &apls &apls
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Masochist

TheTeaCat: Nice picture!  I can just imagine myself driving down that road at night coming up to that roundabout!  Also, this may sound kind of strange, but I like all of the parking lots.  There always has to be a lot of parking space in any kind of commercial area (and in big downtowns, parking lots can even take up entire blocks), but it's something a lot of people (like me...) forget to make room for.  Nice job!  :thumbsup:

mjig_dudy: Very interesting!  I've never seen a commercial area quite like that done before in SC4.  It reminds me of Venice or Amsterdam...or even New Orleans, for some reason.  I especially like that close-up picture of the avenue.  Love the concept, and I'd love to see more pictures of it!  ;)

I really hope these pics inspire other people to share their's!  I might post some more later, but I don't have too many more, and I really want to see more from everyone else!
(Under Construction)

bat

TheTeaCat

Theres no public transport in place yet except for the rail road. and even that is limited seving 3 towns in total. here are a few more of what will be the "old downtown area once finished. I've seen some lovely stuff on the  STeX  and once i get the "set" can start that properly. anyhow thanks for positive feedback it always helps :thumbsup:

Anyhow enough chatter more pics!

Hope you like ::)

{whistling sound in background}

Ah Kettle's boiled :D

laters folks
:satisfied:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Alfred.Jones

That looks great TheTeaCat! Keep up the awesome work ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Cheers Mate  ;)

Kind words are always appreciated :thumbsup:

bat

jacqulina

jeronij

Great pictures all  :thumbsup: !!! I am glad to see there is still people who has the time to play the game  ;) !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mjig_dudy

here is a picture i made that i personally really like. what do you think?

TheTeaCat

mjig_dudy

Wow lovely pic :thumbsup:

Where did you get that Pool with the Olympic Rings. It looks wikked ;D

More!!!!!

:satisfied:

Alfred.Jones

That is an awesome picture Mjig_dudy! Great work mate :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Fantastic night picture Mjig_dudy!

(perhaps I will soon post some downtown-pics by me)

mjig_dudy

Pool with the Olympic Rings is part of an Olympic tennis stadium [click here] by jtportland [click here]

TheTeaCat

jacqulina

Masochist

mjig_dudy: Very nice picture!  :thumbsup:  I love the skyscrapers in the foreground, not only because it creates an interesting juxtapostion, but it also gives an interesting perspective, in that it gives the impression that you took the picture from a taller skyscraper (I tried to do the same thing as you'll see, with less satisfying results in my opinion  &mmm).  The region as a whole has a New Orleans feel to it (even though I've never been to New Orleans... ::)), just because it's those skyscrapers next to the cultural zone along the canals.  And as icing on the cake, it looks very good together  ;)!  Nice job!

Okay, so for the first time since I started this thread (I think...), I'm going to post some pictures!  ;D

First, some more pictures of the same downtown region from before -
The region at night:

Now the one I was talking about earlier:

Main intersection at dawn:

SkyTower against the 'scrapers:

And a smaller commercial area at dusk:

...and at night:

So there you go!
(Under Construction)

Alfred.Jones

That looks awesome Masochist. I really like how the elevated rail runs alongside the avenue :thumbsup: Great work

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

mjig_dudy

Very nice Masochist look really good!

heres another one of those pics those of you who follow my CJ may have already seen: