• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

Casper, is that a large city tile?  If so, how did you manage to get farms to remain in demand long enough to fill out 3/4 of it as farms?  I usually only manage to get 1/2 way zoned with farms until farm demand plummets and never comes back

Dai9988

Slovakia!

leeam1989

Portland City :), kinda realistic..big busy Down town (city centre)

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: mike3775 on December 29, 2011, 03:24:40 PM
Casper, is that a large city tile?  If so, how did you manage to get farms to remain in demand long enough to fill out 3/4 of it as farms?  I usually only manage to get 1/2 way zoned with farms until farm demand plummets and never comes back

I'm guessing he put the farms in first. I've had large city tiles completely filled with farmland before.

simcitystex1

My yet to be finished city of Tipton. I got about 82% of downtown complete.

Feels good to be mayor of my own city!

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Terring, I simply love your pictures where you strive for futuristic looks. 

noahclem

Nice work guys  &apls

I like your use of your new set Elias, especially the night shot, and that's a great, dense city center Leeam1989  &apls

kody_organmaster

--Kody

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

shinkansen1

Due to my compulsive zoning habits, my region does not have a defined "downtown" area. Instead, I will present images of the commerce district in Silborough, a city in the south-eastern corner of my skyscraper-crammed Genesis region. Silborough lies on the perimeter of the region and is bordered by an industry-biased city and a residential-biased city, so the resulting demand for commercial development gave Silborough the largest and most densely packed commerce district in this particular part of the region.

At the northern edge are several large towers created by the NDEX team and Scotty with a large mall to the left.

Near the center of the district are more NDEX towers and two large shopping centers. The large parking structure is meant to be connected with the PanPacific Tower.

At the south-eastern corner are several Maxis buildings. I confess that I had to plop these because the game was causing the excessive CO demand to back up. The two default landmarks are place holders to prevent the area from looking empty.

Moving a little bit north from the last shot, NDEX towers dominate with their incredible CO capacities. Filling in this area with a functioning (but rarely used) tunnel portal was too similar to a jigsaw puzzle.

Moving further north, two super resorts come into view to help alleviate the CS$$$ demand. The Pacifica Palm and Miami Palm towers worked perfectly for this area, and I found the perfect road layout for it!

Nearing the north-eastern corner, we pass a major CS$$$ provider and move into an area where Scotty's box towers are crammed in as tight as possible with HKBAT team's neon-clad waterfront towers.

The next three are from a different angle...

I really love placing neon-decorated towers at the waterfront of any city that I make. I am also really thankful to Murimk who made the underground highway opening for me upon my request! ;D

Here are the two super-CS$$$-resorts in the same shot. I am very pleased with how I was able to place these towers, as well as NYCC's Jackson Tower and Amethyst Hotel. They were really needed here.

HKBAT team towers make up a very well-lit waterfront, while Scotty's box towers carry the bulk of the CO$$ jobs behind them. In Silborough, I have used commercial buildings from MANY content makers, so excellent credit to all of them! :thumbsup:

I apologize that I could not get any shots from a farther zoom level. After no fewer than eight tries and eight crashes, I have merely given up trying.

leeam1989

To Kuewr665 i plopped them all, but if u place a ped mall tile over them they dont dilapitate and the population doesnt go down!.. so you have realistic looking figures too...

catty

Quote from: leeam1989 on February 20, 2012, 01:34:46 AM
To Kuewr665 i plopped them all, but if u place a ped mall tile over them they dont dilapitate and the population doesnt go down!.. so you have realistic looking figures too...

It might pay to be a bit careful doing that ... someone over at SimPeg does the same thing and they end up with immortal lots and odd queries (they are a MAC player) so it might not have the same effect on you
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Lukis1994

Heres a new town I've been working on called Neiw Axharlemmer  :D

The start of the M145 (Also called The Link) at Kladdeimhelm Platz.

City Square

City Square again

Kladdeimhelm Platz.

Town Hall.

That is only a small section of the CBD :P
Computers are the bicycles for the mind...

Terring7

Nice pictures. From where did you get the large white building in the first picture?
The Choice is Ours
---

weixc812

Quote from: Terring7 on April 03, 2012, 06:39:27 AM
Nice pictures. From where did you get the large white building in the first picture?
I think it's KS's Millennium Tower, Elias  ;D
http://27.pro.tok2.com/~chilitomato2/
In the "Commercial Buildings" section
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here