• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demivengi

i thought they hunt the wales for "scientific" reasons???

City Builder

Is there an optimal height for the different sea walls to work properly?  In my screenshot above I've found that the walls that I've created are way too high above the water and it doesn't look right when I apply some sea walls on them.

Also there must be something Im doing wrong when creating these walls as the sea walls that I apply don't line up properly even though they look to be pretty square AND finally, how do you get an inside corner to be square?  Mine are always with an angle and no matter how small I make the god mode tool it can't get the inside corners to be squared up.

Thanks,  Feel free to point me to a link to a tutorial on this, that's fine, I had a link but I've now lost it.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

soulstealer

Sea plops should be at minimum level. this is the level that the default maxis seaport creates when you plop it.

To solve your alignment problem and the difficulty to flatten land under water when making corners, the sea floor must be flat and even.

Look here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14.0

Travis

Here's a few of mine from my recent big MD update... :)

So what do you guys think? :thumbsup:

tcx

Nice pics there Travis, I like the last one with the lights in the stadium   :thumbsup:

Pat

Some wonderful stuff from you tonight Travis!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

figui

great night pic!
if only that was a soccer field.. $%Grinno$%

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Earth quake

Excellent night pic.
It is a splendid harbour which you show us. :thumbsup:

bat

Good work on that waterfront! And the night shot there is looking fantastic, Travis! :thumbsup:

XiahouDun

Update of my still WIP port. Ignore the brown boxes, only using about 25% of my plugins.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

RBC

That's a very good looking harbour, XiahouDun. Very realistic. Perhabs it would be even better if the difference of elevation level was lesser. The walls is to step and large in my opinion

RBC

bat

Great update on your seaport there! Wonderful work on it, XiahouDun!
That's a beautiful mosaic of that area, RBC! Great! :thumbsup:

squidi

the result of a small gimp session:

edit: i realized that i forgot the statue :(

bat

Great reflection on the water there of the buildings! Great area, too, squidi! :thumbsup:

figui

haha, nice effect squidi :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Toichus Maximus

Une_ame

We have the best reflections here  &apls!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

bat

Nice work on that "beach", tankmank!

That's a beautiful picture at night of your seaport, Toichus Maximus! :thumbsup: