• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hconline

I'm looking for some lots for container terminals, specifically, the yards full of containers in rows. I have SN's container set, but I'm more interested in the sets I'm seeing that have the tracks between rows....

Also, one other thing, when using SOMY's seaport lots, how are you all transitioning them to others, like say PEG's CDK3 SP lots?
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

FrankU

HConline,

I advise you to take a cloes look at Soulstealer's Port realism Pack at the STEX:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19554

And what do you mean by transitioning? You want to combine SOMY's lots with PEG's lots in one seaport?
I use Soulstealer's and PEG's lots for the real large terminals and I use SOMY's containercranes for the smaller container terminals: like where riverships dock to load and unload their containers.
Is that something you wanted to know? Otherwise, please elaborate on the question you have here.

smtfrank

io_bg

Wow, these two pics are awesome! &apls I hope you'll show us more of your amazing stuff!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ShultzCity

That mosaic is incredible smtfrank! May I ask where you got those pent-house type housing at the shoreline?
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

smtfrank

Quote from: ShultzCity on March 22, 2010, 02:09:54 PM
That mosaic is incredible smtfrank! May I ask where you got those pent-house type housing at the shoreline?
check this
PEG-MTP Mayor Mode Forest Scenes Mod
and
PEG Forest Add-On 1

canyonjumper

Quote from: smtfrank on March 22, 2010, 02:28:46 PM
check this
PEG-MTP Mayor Mode Forest Scenes Mod
and
PEG Forest Add-On 1

I think Jacob (ShultzCity) meant the larger buildingsa in the second pic.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

hconline

Quote from: FrankU on March 22, 2010, 04:55:33 AM
HConline,

I advise you to take a cloes look at Soulstealer's Port realism Pack at the STEX:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19554

And what do you mean by transitioning? You want to combine SOMY's lots with PEG's lots in one seaport?
I use Soulstealer's and PEG's lots for the real large terminals and I use SOMY's containercranes for the smaller container terminals: like where riverships dock to load and unload their containers.
Is that something you wanted to know? Otherwise, please elaborate on the question you have here.

No, more like what lots do y'all use to change from SOMY's to PEG's visually. It's a tad annoying for me, because all the waterfront lots have their docks extending different amounts off the shore line. For instance SOMY's docks, some overhang a whole tile into the water, while others only stick out a quarter of a tile. PEG's are all a uniform one tile overhang, but it doesn't match SOMY's overhang...

That's what I mean. And thanks for the link to Soulstealer's stuff, just the thing I was looking for.
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

jjbao

djvandrake

cubby420

jjbao and smtfrank: Cheers to both of you for the amazing pictures!  &apls

The pics on this page so far all all-timers in my opinion. I'm simply blown away.

EDIT: Sorry to faun, but I have to say, smtfrank, when I first saw your second picture - the small version - I thought you had posted a RL pic. Its amazing.

FrankU

Quote from: hconline on March 22, 2010, 08:49:32 PM
No, more like what lots do y'all use to change from SOMY's to PEG's visually. It's a tad annoying for me, because all the waterfront lots have their docks extending different amounts off the shore line. For instance SOMY's docks, some overhang a whole tile into the water, while others only stick out a quarter of a tile. PEG's are all a uniform one tile overhang, but it doesn't match SOMY's overhang...

That's what I mean. And thanks for the link to Soulstealer's stuff, just the thing I was looking for.

Ah, now I see. The answer is quite simple: I don't. I just put them next to each other. In real life seaports aren't always attractively designed with outlined piers either.
Off cours, you could put something in between like a small pier or put them around a corner. But basically, I just plop them regardless if they fit.
Look:

and:

and:

Andreas

Been a while since I played the game last time...

(Click for full resolution)
Andreas

canyonjumper

Great pic Andreas! I like the shoreline a lot! Which water mod is that?

Your friend,
                          Jordan :thumbsup:

Andreas

Thanks! :) The water mod the first water mod that was ever made, joerg's water mod (available at the STEX), together with Cycledogg's Columbus Terrain Mod.
Andreas

[Delta ²k5]

not completely finished, but it's a hawaiian style Island :-\

emgmod

I'm from Hawaii. It looks good, except for the lack of beach access from the hotels.
Waikiki has a small breakwater for a section of beach without waves. If you have room...

canyonjumper

Thanks Andreas! downloads ;D. Nice pic Delta!

SeanSC4

Andreas, is the Columbus Terrain mod responsible for that beautiful grey rocky beach?