• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: SeanSC4 on April 21, 2010, 10:20:58 AM
Andreas, is the Columbus Terrain mod responsible for that beautiful grey rocky beach?

Yes, this should be the default Columbus Terrain Mod beach. IIRC, I tweaked the Terrain Exemplar file a bit to get a better transparency for the area where the water waves touch the shore, but everything else is Cycledogg's work. As you might have guessed already, I also plopped some small Maxis rocks along the beach (not sure who made those ploppable, but I think I got them from the STEX or the LEX) for even more realism.
Andreas

FrankU

Recently I started to develop my First Label Container Terminal. It is the first of at least three large containerterminals in my enourmous seaport city.

The terminal is based on Tag_One's Container port lots from the LEX. He released two lots and that was not enough for me to make this terminal, so I fired up the LotEditor and lotted some more. Here's the result.
What do you think? If you have comments, please reply in my Lot Thread.

My aim is to add more container terminals. One based on Pegasus' work and one on Soulstealer's work.
I'll show you when I got something.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

canyonjumper

@FrankU: Nice work on the terminal! Maybe change the sidewalk texture though?

@Terring7: very simple ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

FrankU

Canyonjumper,
Yeah, the sidewalk is awful, you are right. But I don't know what to do, or how to do it.
I am not aware of a sidewalk texture that resembles the lot texture, and to re-edit the lot into the Maxis sidewalk texture would look a bit out of place....

cubby420

Just an idea FrankU...perhaps you could give this asphalt sidewalk texture a try:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=17351

It might not match exactly, but I gotta believe it will look better than your current sidewalks, which stand out a lot and not in a pleasant way. Great port though! Your lots make the difference. Looking forward to the finished product when your vision for the whole thing comes together.

FrankU

@ Cubby420: Aha, thanks. I tried it. It is a bit better. It fits perfectly with the SC4 basic industrial asphalt texture (probably SAP23 did use this Maxis texture). So if I edit my containerport to that texture I will have a perfect fit. But, sorry enough, I like the base texture I have now much more, so I guess I will have to stick to it for the time being. Maybe I will ever find out how to make my own sidewalk modd with this texture? Would there be a tutorial on this?

TJ1

Just felt like posting something. ::)

io_bg

One pic from my latest update in my MD! Check it out if you like what you see ;)

click for full resolution - 3700x1000 px
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kodlovag

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

cubby420

Really nice kodlovag! I'd love to see more of your creations.  :thumbsup:

tag_one

:o Wow awesome beach kodlovag! I love both the water and the beach textures, really wonderful   &apls :thumbsup:

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Girafe

Oh, it's so good (it looks like Brest or Lorient in Brittany, France)

very good pic   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

noahclem

Great pictures guys!  &apls

@ Westsam - Those seasonal colors go great with your evening picture. An interesting contrast of natural scenery with industrial areas.

@ Une_ame - Wonderful naval area! Also enjoy the little wooded patch on the island  :thumbsup:

@ kodlovag - Just a stunning natural coastal scene! Did you use Rivit's mod to make your own water textures?

samerton

@ wetsom - great picture! Maybe if you turned the UDI icons off.. it would make it perfect  ;)

marsh

Wetsom: very nice port!  :)

Here is a beach in my region from my MD  :)