• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

eggman121

Just a small Bridge from me! Nothing special!  ;D

-eggman121

Themistokles

What eggman121 calls nothing special, I call a smaller miracle. &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Gugu3

Girafe

Could the shadow of the bridges be corrected?

In the rail bridge, the start (or end piece) is strange (dark texture), could it be fixed?

Nice job on the bridges  ;) 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Mad_genius

Quote from: eggman121 on November 05, 2015, 10:01:35 PM

-eggman121

Very nice work eggman121. I'm assuming you used the DBE to create a diagonal rail viaduct with that smooth curve.

It's a bit off-topic but, what is that diagonal road bridge in the image? Is it a different texture for the road viaducts or is it actually a bridge?

matias93

Quote from: Mad_genius on November 06, 2015, 01:41:29 AM
Quote from: eggman121 on November 05, 2015, 10:01:35 PM

(image)

-eggman121

Very nice work eggman121. I'm assuming you used the DBE to create a diagonal rail viaduct with that smooth curve.

It's a bit off-topic but, what is that diagonal road bridge in the image? Is it a different texture for the road viaducts or is it actually a bridge?

It looks like an overhanging prop, plopped from a margin of the brigde and the water.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

eggman121

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone ;D

As for the road bridge. It is actually in the NAM Diagonal Bridge Enabler. It can be both downloaded on the LEX and the STEX.

Hope that clarify s things.

Be sure to read the documentation.

-eggman121

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great bridges Stephen  &apls  That road bridge is my favorite of the car-carrying diagonal bridges as it has the thing that almost all bridges, Maxis and custom, are missing: substantial sidewalks. Bummer that the bottom of the rail DB pylons don't match the top but not too noticeable in that situation. I had to remove Rivit's viaduct texture mod from my current plugins since I didn't have any water to hide them : &mmm

Dantes

@stevyloh: So many paralell Railways ! If the railway line under heavy load?
@eggman212: Great work.

My first Railway viaduct

CasperVg

Train leaves the sunken railway station

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Haljackey

Junction tweak.

Click images for full size.

Before:

After:

David H

probably one of my favorite SC4 Screenshots ever!  :bnn:

metarvo

Nice junction, Hal.  :thumbsup:  The game-default "QTR" is still fun to see.  I like that there are overpasses over the railroads; the trains in my area tend to stop and tie up traffic at the at-grades for over a mile, although there are a few underpasses/overpasses provided.  Props for using the RHW creatively, too.  ;D

Yours is also good, David.  :thumbsup:  It represents a typical small-town railroad crossing quite well.  I imagine that the passenger trains at these kind of crossings create some lengthy delays.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

Seaman

hey Haljackey, you have a nice trench there  :)

May I ask for the name of long white-roofed four-track main station? It fits nice in there.

Seaman

thanks a lot! unfortunately, I wasn't specific enough: I meant the other long white-roofed four-track main station in the top of the pic  :D