• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphod

Nothing beats this though...

what a nice residential neighborhood. You'll never have to worry about sleeping in.
War Kittens !?

Alfred.Jones

That is insane Zaphod!

That would be so annoying having that blaring through your street each morning $%Grinno$%

Sim City 4 Devotion

threestooges

-Tankmank: interesting setup you have with the buildings surrounding the GLR. How's the usage on the line (or is it more of an eye candy thing)?

In regard to Allan_kuan's post, I'm actually interning at a place not too far from there. I have yet to see a train on those tracks, but it's very interesting when you are on that street and want to turn left (the turn lane is right on the track) I always keep looking back into the mirror expecting to see something. Zaphod's clip was pretty funny (and yet, not surprising).

SC4BOY

I think it'd be no more, and frankly I think less, annoying than living on the eL in Chicago.. i had a friend who lived about 150 yds from a mainline track pair.. he didn't even notice when it passed unless someone mentioned it.. acclimatization is amazing.. ;)

MandelSoft

I'm glad that I don't live there, Zaphod  $%Grinno$%
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CabraBuitre

Quote from: Zaphod on June 30, 2008, 09:50:30 PM
Nothing beats this though...

what a nice residential neighborhood. You'll never have to worry about sleeping in.

America's last Interurban!

I've gotta get down and ride on it before they bi-pass Michigan City.... though, if they haven't done it for 100 years (the line just turned 100 this week), then I'm not sure why they'd do it now...!)

And to think that electric interurban trains used to be the norm, not the exception.  I used to live in Wheaton, IL, where the shops of the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin were and now live in Highwood, where the Chicago, Milwauke and North Shore shops were.

With the current fuel crisis, these would be THE way to go... but they've been gone for 50 years.

Check out Abelfarei!

threestooges

Here's a small little stop along one of my lines. The town is old, but it does a good tourist business.

j-dub

It all comes down to the train's mouth being really loud. I don't even live by one, but boy can we hear hear it past the community line, versus no warning when it speeds across the gates when your right there. This is past all the other residents, and this is a built up area I'm talking about when you can hear it.
@Threestooges, thats a real life small town classic.

Swamper77

*smiles seeing the Regional Runner Train set running around the landscape* ;D

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

ejc

Kenny, that's looking nice!!

I always follow your project in the past years, and you always surprise me  "$Deal"$

E

Kenworth

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 08, 2008, 05:46:55 PM
*smiles seeing the Regional Runner Train set running around the landscape* ;D

-Swamper

hehe  ;D :thumbsup:

Quote from: ejc on July 09, 2008, 01:03:03 AM
Kenny, that's looking nice!!

I always follow your project in the past years, and you always surprise me  "$Deal"$

E

Thanks for the compliment! If I have finsih the "side tracks", then you can get them ;)

...and the new german rail stations coming soon. They are ideal for the RegionalRunner :)

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Your picture looks really beautiful, threestooges!
Some great picture of that railway with that rail!! Great work on that set of pictures, Kenworth!
Also the new pictures is nice!!

Nardo69

Sometimes RLS leaves even me some space time to fire up the game ...  :-[

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tag_one

Wonderful image of your railroads Bernhard   :thumbsup:

Nardo69

@tag_one: Thanks mate!  :)

@Kenny: Isn't it? I wonder who did the modell ...  ;) :D
The only thing missing there is a nice 218 or as an alternative some Russian Power ... ;)

vester

Very nice pictures Kenworth and Nardo.

Kenworth: That is the first time I have seen that tram in someone else's picture.