• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_meissner

I suppose I'll quit lurking as well. This is a fantastic project. The amount of documentation is astounding, as is the region. I'm especially fond of the area, as I grew up in northern Minnesota. Can't wait to see more.

I'll take this opportunity to offer up my services as a graphic designer, should you find yourself in need.

Ben

EDIT: Ben, hey!  Welcome.  Happy birthday- hopefully 3RR will always be the gift that keeps on giving. -DE

Ryan B.

Wow - it's great to see all the newcomers / lurkers posting!

Welcome, and hope you stick around to see all the great things going on here at 3RR.

girlfromverona

Quote from: ben_meissner on July 29, 2008, 06:12:14 PMI'll take this opportunity to offer up my services as a graphic designer, should you find yourself in need.

Hey, cool - a fellow graphic designer! Nice to make your acquaintance. Welcome to all the other newcomers, also!

Marisa

FrankU

The coming out of another lurker....

I did comment sometimes when I thought I had something to add to the discussion. Just crying out "WOW" and "GREAT" doesn't always feel appropriate.
But on the other hand: a lot of WOW's and GREAT's are really appropriate in this thread. And I follow the ongoings quite closely.
I'm really curious how far the FAR and the FARR are developed at this moment...

Toichus Maximus

Allright, since the lurkers are all revealing themselves...

Can you believe I check this thread several times a day and rarely post? Well, it's true. Keep up the good work, and can't wait to hear more about FAR(R)!

Cheers,
Matt

xxdita

thundercrack83

Well, I suppose that it's high-time that I stop lurking here and...

Wait a second...never mind...

Welcome to all the first time posters here in 3RR! You're in for one heck of a ride around here--you never know exactly what David's going to pull out!

Dustin

dsrwhat316

Hey, David

I've returned from a short sabbatical away from SimCity, and I'm ready to get going again. It's great to see that you and others are still making leaps and bounds in this game after being released nearly 5 years ago. Hoped my post didn't sound too much like an advertisement, and you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the future!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Pat

David I must say that the last 2 post where great on pg 212... Its my pleasure and honor to still be a friend to one of the greats around here!!! I hope you and Heather and the boys are doing great!!! BTW when you go to visit its usually in Helena MT right, why I was wondering if you stay at the Best Western per chance as since its one of their few select hotels to make it into a commercial?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

Just one word....

WOW

~~Dragonshardz~~

dedgren

Just stopping in this morning...

BNSF Quintuple-header coal grain hauler (thanks, dtp!) heads east down the mainline from Marias Pass, MT 080708

I'm submitting an emergency appeal to the Alaska Supreme Court in a case I've been working on for about two days nonstop this morning.  I hope to get out of the office early, and close out the previous post this evening.  This weekend we should be able to retexture the FARR alpha, and hopefully get it out shortly as a beta.  There'll be a surprise or two as well- watch this space.

Later.

David

108379 - Thanks for 11,000+ page views and all your great comments this past month!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Cant wait David

You should check out Alex's (Tarkus) latest update, if you havent already. Its quite funny:
Quote from: Tarkus on August 01, 2008, 12:47:09 AM
[post style=dedgren]
. . . and you're no slouch at the transport thing yourself, either . . . 
[/post style=dedgren]

LOL's ;D

your posting style is (in)famous.

Cant wait for those updates etc, and :o :o :o surprises *licks lips*

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

Quote from: dedgren on August 01, 2008, 08:14:02 AM
There'll be a surprise or two as well- watch this space.

Okay my eyes are glued on this space now.  What is it that you have in store for us this time???

Anyways, I hope your case goes well.  Law always confuses the heck out of me.    :P

Best,
-Haljackey

bat

Also looking forward to the new stuff... ... ... ... ;)

deathtopumpkins

Nice railroading shot, but aren't those grain covered hoppers?

Quote from: Haljackey on August 01, 2008, 08:40:59 AM
Okay my eyes are glued on this space now.  What is it that you have in store for us this time???

I second that. You always have somthing to suprise us with.
And I'm looking forward to FARR too.

EDITOn a second (and closer) look, dtp, my friend- you are almost certainly correct.  The Alaska Railroad [linkie], which runs about a half-mile/.9 kilometers from my house on its line from Anchorage to Fairbanks, hauls no grain (for the obvious reasons) but lots of coal- I've seen a similar car here and made an assumption.  Thanks for pointing that out- and you are now a member of that honored group The 3RR Fact Checkers.  It's been dormant for a while, but it's great to get my mistakes corrected by folks who are taking a close look. -DE
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Bishop Hawke

As a full fledged member of Lurker's anomyous I feel that I must report all Lurkers that have broken their oats of silence. 
%confuso
Oops Guess I am a oath breaker myself.

Enjoy the info I get from here.

mightygoose

"oats of silence" sounds like a parents cereal dream :P looking forward to the update sir.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Been moving a bit slowly here the last few days...

Buffalo on Grand Loop north of Norris Geyser Basin, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, 080708

I filed for an emergency stay in a case I've appealed to the Alaska Supreme Court.  First time I've ever done that, and it's kind of dramatic- they're not frequently granted and are a complete pain in the neck to put together- it was about all I did Thursday and yesterday morning.

Anyway, here I am.  I've been working this morning on completing the FAQ portions of the post I started a few days ago here [linkie].  I'm having some fun doing that, so the

might be a little longer in production than expected.  Check it out, though, if you haven't been back in the last little bit.

Good news on the FAR/FARR front.  Our Transit God friend ebina is working on smoothing out some of the rough spots.

And it doesn't end there- Fellow TG and friend Jan (Swamper77), is going to be adding the crossing gates to the FAR/FARR level railroad crossings.

So, we're moving along.

Have a great weekend!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

WOOOOOO very nice stuff there David

also I am willing to (at least help) get the 3RR-ST pages, as I have a near infinite time base to work on, being bored 90% of the time :D

Joe

EDIT: hey look at that, new page :o

WOOOOOO very nice stuff there David

also I am willing to (at least help) get the 3RR-ST pages, as I have a near infinite time base to work on, being bored 90% of the time :D

Joe

EDIT: hey look at that, new page :o

EDIT2: wow, my coding skills are greater than i thought, I created a script that seems to have downloaded every page's html and written it into a file, it took all of 5 minutes to download all 70 pages (pity i couldn't get page 70 cause of an elusive 0 bytes file called page70.txt GRR)

I will make a parsing agent that will take the html and rip out all your (the) posts from the surrounding site skin html. and maybe even do it to take each post and add it to an array and blah blah blah  techno mumbo jumbo... mmmmm code :D

I have attached an archive of all the pages, just to prove that I have actually done it : ::) $%Grinno$% ()stsfd() $%#Ninj2 (I know, excesive number of smilies, I am excited ok :P). If the archive doesnt work for you, its because I am on linux and it cant do zips well... well I would have attached it but its 2 meg, and thats COMPRESSED!!! :o

EDIT: Whoa, Joe!  You are on one big roll, my friend.  Anyway, I've PM'd you about this whole thing.  If you are the daring type... well, don't say I didn't warn you. -DE
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sim-al2

I remember when I went to Yellowstone. That was neat. We also saw some bison, I think some elk, and in Canada we saw a bear. (Yeah I know there's lots of bears around but were I live we don't have too many) A big black bear to be precise. Right next to a rail line, ironicaly
Quote from: dedgren on August 01, 2008, 08:14:02 AM
Just stopping in this morning...

BNSF Quintuple-header coal grain hauler (thanks, dtp!) heads east down the mainline from Marias Pass, MT 080708

108379 - Thanks for 11,000+ page views and all your great comments this past month!

ahhhh yes. Nothing like quintuple Dash-9s hauling 50 cars of grain in the morning. You know in Train Simulator the Marias Pass was my favorite route. BTW, FAR/FARR looks awesome. This makes me want to put off building rail lines until you release it. Can you make a version for PEG's Rail Mod? If you did that, it would be perfect.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")