• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

I'll have a look at the specifics tomorrow, I definitely remember making LHT paths for it.
I'm sure it was dependent on the positioning of the FlexSPUI pieces, not all configurations were supported.
I was barely in front of the computer today, and when I was, I was playing a game on my PC which has been in my pile of shame since Summer 2008.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

DAB_City

I'll see if I can try it again sometime. Thanks anyway!  :thumbsup:
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

jdenm8

Okay, only one configuration is supported, it's about as stable as a single-legged chair and it's this one:

It'll probably deconvert the FlexSPUI, just keep clicking within the piece, it'll eventually override everything properly.

The outer tiles of ERHW-6C do not support intersections with the SPUI Centre Repeater, so you cannot have any gap between the ERHW-6C and the offramp.

jdenm8

No, that's the full 15m one that I've shown images of before.

Will12

The supports look shorter. Is that to do with the override?

jdenm8

No, it's because they're the Maxis supports, which are about 8m narrower than the RHW supports.

Replacing them with a more suitable counterpart is low-priority at the moment as well, I'm more concerned with getting orthogonal functionality out there, though you can be assured it'll be compatible with almost everything. I'm planning on building in the likes of TTR support as well, so when these mods are finally released, it likely won't require an update of the MHWY Override.

metasmurf

How about converting maxis ground highway to a kind of rhw4c ?

jdenm8

Well, ShadowAssassin had been conceptualising RHW-4C as a puzzle-piece based RHW-6C with only one lane on the outside tile.

I've been thinking of this as more of an RHW-4U (Urban) due to its eventual flexibility. It will probably have a lower in-game speed limit than RHW and a maybe a capacity lower than RHW-4 to reflect that, though I haven't got that far into it to be too concerned with the logistics of that stuff yet, I have to consult with Z.

MandelSoft

Actually, I would propose a higher capacity for a RHW-4U. The optimal capacity of a road iss somewhere around 90 km/h (or about 55 MPH). Since most freeways have speed limits higher than the optimal speed in order to provide a high-speed connection (120 km/h / 75 MPH), they actually have a lower capacity. When the traffic is getting denser, the speed will drop a bit until it has reached its optimal capacity, the critical intensity, which occurs again at 90 km/h / 55 MPH. After that, the intensity drops, while the traffic density still grows: congestion is starting to occur!

These plots gives you an overview of the phenomenon (click to enlarge):

This is what I learned at the course Transport & Planning on the TU Delft ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Will12

A mrtnrln that is some cool plots. I agree about the capacity being higher but speed limit being slightly lower. Also I like the sound of RHW 4U that sounds good! Thanks jdemn8 for the reply and I can see why supports are very low priority I was just asking. There was a picture posted by Ryan B. on ST a long time ago (maybe 2010?) and he showed a picture with what looked like L1,L2,L3,and maybe even L4 MIS networks in game. Does that mean there was an 'alpha' phase of the MHS in 2010. Or am I completely wrong. I'll try and find the picture or if anyone else can that would be good too. Here's hoping that L1 will be finished by NAM 31 and components! (Can you tell I need it already LOL)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Will12 on January 10, 2012, 04:35:21 PM
There was a picture posted by Ryan B. on ST a long time ago (maybe 2010?) and he showed a picture with what looked like L1,L2,L3,and maybe even L4 MIS networks in game. Does that mean there was an 'alpha' phase of the MHS in 2010. Or am I completely wrong.

No; Ryan was just the messenger. The true developer of the prototypical L1, L3, and L4 MIS was a NAMite by the name of mtg.

Considering that was developed before Project 0E, it wouldn't be up to 0E standards. Also, from what I understand, all of the multi-height stuff prior to 0E was lost; The L1 stuff is probably all that's left. Either way, it would need to be redone.

The only multi-height item ever tested during NAM 30's development was just the L1 MIS, and it was far from usable.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

Really interesting graphs Maarten, thanks for sharing!

And it's a shame about all of mtg's non-L1stuff being outdated or unavailable  ()sad()

senseisan

hello. why this road texture looks broken huh?  ()what()

deathtopumpkins

It looks like you still have some old RHW files hanging around in your plugins folder, because while the SPUI has RHW 4 textures, the elevated transition and RHW-4 still have old textures from a past RHW version.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

senseisan

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 10, 2012, 09:23:33 PM
It looks like you still have some old RHW files hanging around in your plugins folder, because while the SPUI has RHW 4 textures, the elevated transition and RHW-4 still have old textures from a past RHW version.
so what should I do? thank you &cry2

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Will12

Real shame about the MHS stuff. The messenger thing rings a bell too...
Anyways how is the redone L1 MIS coming along! Can't wait. Will it be released with NAM 31 or later with L3 and L4? All the same welldone all NAMites for making sc4 even more fun and variable to play!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Will12 on January 11, 2012, 12:52:46 AM
Will it be released with NAM 31 or later with L3 and L4?

Take your pick:

- Can't make any guarantees, other than eventually.
- There aren't any set plans on what goes into each successive version.
- Don't you like surprises?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 11, 2012, 01:12:45 AM
- Don't you like surprises?

Don;t you know we live in the age of instant gratification now?  The days of being raised to wait are long gone, its a "we want it now" era