• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Nice night shot there. Looking forward to more... ;)

rooker1

Love the night shoot and thank you for the link to the water modd.  It would be really nice for a little tutorial on how to change it in iLive reader.
And great to see your lengthy replies and explanantions to everyone.
Great work!!

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Superb work with that teaser.

Central Siilijoki seems nice a peaceful area to live in ( or work in. )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vinlabsc3k

Awesome updates and teaser Noah :thumbsup:, sorry for the delay of comments , but RL is busy. :'(
A little critic: the bridges under the RHW is too low, even a kayak doesn't cross them, :thumbsdown: but I love the shot on the teaser. &apls

P.S.: Have you received my message about the house and the little story about my apparition in Siilijoki?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Gugu3

Wonderful nice shot!! &apls
one thing I forgot last time...I'm also interested in the way you plan your cities...'cause they look so realistic!!

Sciurus

Excellent teaser! &apls  And I'm happy to be back too ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jmouse

If all dense urban areas looked as good as yours, I could learn to like high-rises. The beauty of this photo is the life in it. I can almost hear the faint sounds of traffic and imagine pedestrians rushing back and forth. This scene could have jumped right off the pages of "National Geographic."

Good job, Noah... :)
-Joan

catty

QuoteBut enough talk, let's see the first finished picture from Central Siilijoki in 15 months

&apls

I think that's probably one of the best night shots I've seen   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Skimbo

I didn't post here for a while and missed many great things! cool! ;)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Tarkus

Been far too long since I've stopped in here . . . I'll have to do some catching up, as what I've seen in these most recent updates is just stunning.  Central Siilijoki in that night shot is really an impressive sight . . . I'm also curious about that RHW-10S I see in there. ;)  I'm also thrilled to see you getting into the mapping end of things as well, and am excited about the TIA-6.

Keep up the fantastic work here, Noah!

-Alex

noahclem

More of a grab-bag of pics than a full update tonight ;)

I've recently been playing around with Lowkee33's Appalachian Terrain Mod, which has been really nice. I long followed it's development and thought it beautiful and groundbreaking but wasn't sure if it would quite fit Siilijoki--today we find out  ;D

Also today, a few pics back in Central Siilijoki and an update on my plans for the potential "tram-in-avenue-6" network.

The next 5 pictures (plus the last) feature the Appalachian Terrain Mod, Lowkee33's rock mod, and his terrain controller settings.

First, a passenger train heads from North Pohjanmaa towards Central Siilijoki along the river bluffs:

Ski lifts near the snow line after winter:

The top of the mountain:

Back to the beach:

And a closer look:

Next, day and night views of the motorway entering Central Siilijoki, just after crossing the river. The motorway is only RHW-10 for about a kilometer while it goes over the bridge, splitting into and RHW6 (through traffic to the planned Siilijoki Central Interchange) and RHW4 (local traffic entering and exiting). I'll save what goes on the north for a later update though some may remember pictures and plans discussing it a bit ;)

This very under contruction picture should help explain the same interchange a bit better. You can see the motorway and southbound ramps enter tunnels while the earlier pictured RHW-4 ramps split into access for numerous parking ramps and a OWR-5 that junctions with a "TIA-6". For now my "TIA-6"s use GLR-to-subway lots frequently as workarounds but hopefully their future is brighter  ;D

Note that many of the tall buildings near the highways aren't finalized. I'm trying to decide what I think looks best, experimenting with numerous different buildings before re-starting the simulator. Part of the goal has been finding buildings that fit right up against the RHWs in the right way.

I'm especially curious to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this area and it's potential architecture.

Speaking of TIA-6, this is my most recent texture creation (unpolished), possible thanks to a whole bunch of textures courtesy of Alex (Tarkus):

It's a Tram-in-Avenue-4 x Tram-in-Avenue-6-turning-lane intersection.  If you combine it with the two other TIA-6 textures I've shown here (and in other threads) it should make sense.

Those won't be coming anytime too soon though and existing T-RAM/NWM compatibility is my first priority.

A real life example of TIA-6 from Helsinki, Finland

Quote from: Terring7 on April 19, 2012, 02:34:59 AM
Looks like Manhattan of the near future :)
Thanks Elias! That's kind of my goal for this part of town, but I don't want it as big or as tall as Manhattan.

Quote from: bat on April 19, 2012, 04:13:35 AM
Nice night shot there. Looking forward to more... ;)
Thanks bat, glad you liked the night shot! There's another one from nearby here.

Quote from: rooker1 on April 19, 2012, 05:41:20 AM
Love the night shoot and thank you for the link to the water modd.  It would be really nice for a little tutorial on how to change it in iLive reader.
And great to see your lengthy replies and explanantions to everyone.
Great work!!

Robin &apls

Thanks a lot Robin, both about the picture and the replies!  Good suggestion on the tut  as well :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on April 19, 2012, 05:45:28 AM
Superb work with that teaser.

Central Siilijoki seems nice a peaceful area to live in ( or work in. )
Thank you very much Arthur! Mostly it's a work place but there are residents too.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 19, 2012, 06:31:01 AM
Awesome updates and teaser Noah :thumbsup:, sorry for the delay of comments , but RL is busy. :'(
A little critic: the bridges under the RHW is too low, even a kayak doesn't cross them, :thumbsdown: but I love the shot on the teaser. &apls

P.S.: Have you received my message about the house and the little story about my apparition in Siilijoki?

Thanks and great to have you back  :thumbsup:  Those bridges are lower than I wanted but I'm pretty sure a kayak could go under them--just nothing much bigger. Making them higher would have required re-doing half the interchange so it wasn't really an option. Still working on what we talked about....  You know where to find a good black SUV?

Quote from: Gugu3 on April 19, 2012, 07:33:49 AM
Wonderful nice shot!! &apls
one thing I forgot last time...I'm also interested in the way you plan your cities...'cause they look so realistic!!
Thanks alot! I'll be spending a bit more time showing how I plan my cities out in the future  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Sciurus on April 19, 2012, 07:34:58 AM
Excellent teaser! &apls  And I'm happy to be back too ;D

Thanks again Guillaume!

Quote from: Jmouse on April 19, 2012, 03:35:20 PM
If all dense urban areas looked as good as yours, I could learn to like high-rises. The beauty of this photo is the life in it. I can almost hear the faint sounds of traffic and imagine pedestrians rushing back and forth. This scene could have jumped right off the pages of "National Geographic."

Good job, Noah... :)
-Joan

What a nice comment Joan! Makes me feel like making a video with traffic sounds or a fake National Geographic cover of Siilijoki  ;)

Quote from: catty on April 20, 2012, 12:01:37 AM
QuoteBut enough talk, let's see the first finished picture from Central Siilijoki in 15 months

&apls

I think that's probably one of the best night shots I've seen   :)
Thanks for such kind words! Very nice to hear  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Skimbo on April 20, 2012, 01:32:06 PM
I didn't post here for a while and missed many great things! cool! ;)
Thanks and I'm glad you liked what you missed. Welcome back soon  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tarkus on April 23, 2012, 12:22:21 PM
Been far too long since I've stopped in here . . . I'll have to do some catching up, as what I've seen in these most recent updates is just stunning.  Central Siilijoki in that night shot is really an impressive sight . . . I'm also curious about that RHW-10S I see in there. ;)  I'm also thrilled to see you getting into the mapping end of things as well, and am excited about the TIA-6.

Keep up the fantastic work here, Noah!

-Alex
Thanks a lot Alex, great to have you back! RHW-10S is a pretty extreme network for Siilijoki but I used it in this case because they attach to the only bridges across the river anywhere near here. As the northern suburbs expand these are expected to carry a very large commuter load to the city center. A bit on them in this update and certainly more to come, especially on the north side of the bridges. Glad you're excited for the TIA-6, more to come on that, mapping, and more before too long  :thumbsup:

cmdp123789

What mod are you using to have those tunnels entrances? I like them and I dont have them... NICE job... It is clearly not done, bt I quite like the way you are laying things...

nbvc

Nice beach and city with the motorway. &apls

Sciurus

Very nice, I would like to take a bath on this beach ::)

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Gugu3

Excellent work as always Noah!!!!Nice to see some developments on TIA6 ;D

Framly

Great teaser! I really like your road development &apls

the Appalachian Terrain Mod looks fantastic with the Ski lifts ;)

Keep it on :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Kergelen

Great pictures.
I love the train way near the water and the RHW picture. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Skimbo

I like the scenes w. the train, the beach and the first motorway=)

And cool GLR intersection! :D
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Lowkee33

Looking good Noah, can't wait for the non-teaser :).

Your beach texture is a little stretched.