• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: Rayden on April 29, 2009, 06:39:26 AM
That's because you're using the OWB network, instead of the UWB $%Grinno$% :D

Actually, I believe its an OWLR network.  :D

miggoycor

What are OWB, UWB and OWLR?  :-[
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

metarvo

I'm guessing that OWB is On Water Bus, UWB is Underwater Bus, and OWLR is On Water Light Rail.  Am I right?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Terring7

EPIC! :o

FANTASTIC! &dance

CONGRATULATIONS! &hlp

Oh, can we drive the ships?
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

daeley

Quote from: Terring7 on April 29, 2009, 08:45:45 AM
Oh, can we drive the ships?

Well technically, you don't "drive" a ship, but yes, these are UDI-able.

And saying it's an UWB network is not entirely true, in reality it's an UWB-WEMB network ;)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Korot

UWB? UWB-WEMB? What do these acronyms mean?

mike3775

all these acronyms are driving me nuts  :)

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

Gingerbread

Fantastic work!

I love these canals, and have always wished to see boats on them. Can't wait!  ()stsfd()
I play on a Mac &sly

bap

Quote from: mike3775 on April 29, 2009, 10:06:02 AM
all these acronyms are driving me nuts  :)

... over or under the water?   :D

CAM-AM is an excellent combination of beauty (visually pleasant, with automata making your cannals look alive) and functionality (it works! there is real traffic of sims & freight actually hapenning).

Luke09

The only thing that i dont like on Simgoobers canal set is that the water is just so..."lifeless",you will know what im talking about if u see the water color of jeronij canals
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Tilarium

This is just plain amazing!  I loved using SGs canals, then CALs, and now this will replace them.  Perhaps a dumb question, sense these will be based on the canals, will there addons work with them?  Things like the garbage dock and such?  Imagine so, just checking though.  Can not wait for this to come out!  NAM team is the best team, hands down!

Mad_genius

Now that looks super amazing.

I've never found much use for canals until now.

Just have a few questions though.
Are these canals based on an already existent network within the game? To they have the ability to have their own speeds and range?
I ask these because the HSRP guys are looking for ways to have different speeds without using the ANT but haven't got anything so far.

Just one more question (I promise  ;) :thumbsup: ;D). The old canals had no functionality but they had a certain amount of park & landmark effects, do these new canals have those effects to increase the desirability around them?

BarbyW

The canals shown are still just SG's canals with an additional water tile which acts as the transit section. If you have previously made canals that are 2 tile wide these will need now to be 3 or 4 tiles wide - depending on the ferry terminal used. the actual basic canals are unchanged so park and landmark effects are unchanged.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Youcefk69

Wonderful project, congratulations !  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

A great idea, congrats for you &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

daeley

Quote from: Mad_genius on May 05, 2009, 01:18:22 AM
Just have a few questions though.
Are these canals based on an already existent network within the game? To they have the ability to have their own speeds and range?
I ask these because the HSRP guys are looking for ways to have different speeds without using the ANT but haven't got anything so far.

The canal network is not a new network type, but is actually road-based. This means it's not possible to have special capacity and speeds for this network (would it be realistic to have really fast boats anyway?). You will have to position your canals in such a way that it becomes useful for the sims to use them :)

1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Toichus Maximus

So would this replace all bus models, since it's based on a bus network? How do the automata work with this?

tamorr

I do have to say that this makes the canals more useful, beyond eye-candy and improvement from lots that run along side them like the Coal Wharf. Love the look and the boat models look great, can't wait play around with the set. 

I wouldn't mind seeing these also in CALs and JRJs Canals as well, The ASC would be another good idea I think but that would be asking too much. I can't help liking the variety that all of you provide and develop for the game, always usually a winner...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

BarbyW

CAL's canals will be next on the list, I think, but there are no promises when they will be available. There are some problems with the ASC as many of the lots have two banks and are not suitable. If I can find sufficient suitable sections then that may also be an option. The canals have to be a minimum of 3 tiles wide so single bank sections are vital to allow for the central movement tile to be placed. Again it is a possibility but with no time frame.
We shall have to discuss the JRJ canals with Jeroni and see if he can either allow someone to have his water file in gMax or 3dsMax format to make some ferry stops or he can make some himself. Again no promises and no time frame.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original