• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kongshavn, "Planning ahead!"

Started by ExiLe, September 05, 2008, 06:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindPepper

Great work! I like the planning and the residential bats!

ExiLe

Replies

Pat: Thanks man! Yeah, things seems to be up and running again now, Finally!

Sheep49: Thanks! It's probably not hard to see where I get my influences :), and after todays session at school using GiS I already have some ideas about further development.

GrindPepper: sweet! Yeah, I have not made any of them my self yet, though I am planning on BATing some student condos (sshhh it's still a secret ;) )

- Soo now that everything is up and running I should have a new update up and going quite soon! I can't promise a date though...

Hope you guys are going to stick around!

,take care
...coming soon

bat

Great work there on your MD, ExiLe!
Fantastic start of it, too! And the updates have some wonderful pictures!! :)

Looking forward to more from Kongshavn... ;)

south park

great start there on your MD

and beautiful residential area !! :thumbsup:
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

Geronimo

Heisann! Fine greier du har på gang her! Lykke til!

Hey! Nice work there! Keep it up!
Looking forward to see more of your MD nice start, good luck!  :thumbsup:

ExiLe

UPDATE

Hia guys, I have tons of stuff to do, so I'll just throw out some pictures of a city east of the Kongshavn Metropolis, called Kofting.

there we go!

- just a reminder, the planning part in my MD will kick in much later, when I have finished off more of the region... to make it more realistic.

Won't have time to reply to you guys, so I'll do it some time later ;)

take care!
...coming soon

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

south park

cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

Sheep49

Great update! I just love the picture with this industrial part of Kofting :thumbsup: It looks so beautiful and balanced.

Hewever, I have a slight complaint: I don't like that photoshop effect in some of your pictures. In my humble opinion it looks almost fatal in conjuction with your influential, and highly european building style.

I like this update! &apls It looks like a mix between Arthur, ejc, and even Casper! I thought that it's impossible to make such a great mix. Thanks to you, I found that In was really, really mistaken. ;)

Keep up the great work!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Geronimo

Nice update, I really like your downtown area and the mix of different zones and buildings. (But those effects, I agree they look a bit hasty though...)
Anyway good work, keep it up! Looking forward to next update.  :thumbsup:
Cheers!

ExiLe

REPLIES

Bat: Hia, thanks for your nice comments mate, hope you'll still find my MD interesting as Kongshavn grows!

SouthPark: Thanks! I'm doing what I can on the time schedule I have, which isn't much to be honest.

Geronimo: Næmmen takk skal du ha! Alltid hyggeling å høre fra "kjentfolk" ;). Hope to hear more from you man!

Sciurus54: Sweet! thanks, there are tons more to do in those photos, what I am showing is just the very very fresh start ;)

Sheep49: ellooo there, I agree with both you and Geronimo (check below), and thank you so much for your constructive criticism. I love both Caspers and EJCs stuff, so that really meant a lot to me! thanks!

- as a combined answer to both Sheep49 and Geronimo; I totally agree folks, It looks very hastened because it was, and I did not really have time to edit it after i chose how to keep some areas blurred from you guys ;). I'm going to use something totally different in the future... probably just going to clip the image to the wanted area and apply the sc4d forum background to blend in :)

- your comments mean alot to me, watch out for an update soon... enough ;)

.take care
...coming soon

ExiLe

Awrite!

It's been a month since my last post, and I have a couple of exams coming up now, and one term paper.
Anyhoo, I need some time off from all the reading so I'll post an update during the Weekend.
I have actually played SC4D quite a lot, and have come far in plopping and planning northern parts of Kongshavn, and Kofting is more or less "finished" except for the farm areas.

My first exam will be on Tuesday, it's about the gathering of information around regional planning, and is very interesting stuff!
I'll implement some images and text from what I'm reading and relate it to Kofting and some other areas that are already built.

I might also show some of the plopped areas of Northern Kongshavn, but nooo promises ;)

see ya'll soon,
take care
...coming soon

flyinbird93

cant wait on those updates!  you have some nice work, and i think some good things can come in the future especially if this is a field your studying in school :)

Simpson

Wow, this update is really fantastic
My preferate picture is the second, this little village is so réalistic
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

ExiLe

UPDATE

Awrite!

Now, I've been reading all day so I thought I should take a break and give you guys a couple of pictures.
I know I said I might post a few pictures, but they will have to wait a couple of days, I do not have that much time right now.

From these few images you'll find areas that are in planning stages, or being improved upon.
I will give a lot of information later, on how these areas might look like, what needs to be done, and what can be done.

- Here you can see how the traffic from the city centre is not allowed to enter the industrial-/shopping area, and the freeway to the north. The fastest way for the casual shopper is to take the train, though lot's of traffic still has to cross the city rail line over an alternate route that not only takes a lot more time, but also brings large amounts of traffic through a residential area. Obviously this will all be fixed when the new tunnel, which is underconstruction, is finished.

- this is just an ordinary residential area. Both pic 3 & 4 show how I normally plan my low density areas.

- an update on the central parts of Kofting. Hope you like it!

I'll see if I can fetch some larger pictures in the future, I play in 1650x1080, but for now I'll stay with the forum "standard" 800xX .

That's all for now!

Take care,
...coming soon

bat

Your pictures are fantastic! Wonderful new updates... :thumbsup:

ExiLe

Thanks guys, here are two (or three, depending on how you count) bonus images  ;D

LINK, to a larger image: http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6586/54148468ca6.jpg

,take care
...coming soon

Sciurus

Very very beautiful! I really like your city!! &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

ExiLe

Hia guys!

Before I take a well deserved holiday, I'll update the MD with a couple of pictures. Hope you like them, and have a nice holiday yourselves!

BONUS!

- wierd huh? ;)

take care, :thumbsup:
...coming soon