• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

they iz lookin fantasmagorical :D

seriously, this is going to make me install windows again, just to play with RHW :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Patricius Maximus

I knew something was going on. I felt it as I checked the forum.

The new arrangement of RHW icons look great. It'll really aid in construction of my interchanges.

I think I know what RHW with a plural is. It's more than 4 lanes, isn't it?

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

EDGE4194

alex- &apls nice work on the menu. (i can be patient.... taking deep breaths... trying to remain calm...)

writingliberty

It's not quite the RHW-26, but I do know of one case of a freeway wider than the Irvine I-5 / I-405 junction... at the south end of I-5 where it merges with I-805 and hits the Mexican border it widens out to accomodate the border guard booths and goes to I believe 22 or 24 lanes.

Also, a request - if this isn't covered by the MIS, though I doubt it is since it would involve putting ramps directly on a curve. I have seen a few RL locations where newer (often elevated) highways have been built as a "bypass" around a CBD (one example of what I'm mentioning is on I-8 at the western edge of El Cajon, CA)... where the "bypass" highway section diverges from the "old" surface highway section (usually the city's main street), the highway makes a 45 degree angle curve while a set of one-sided on/off ramps continue "straight", usually converting into/from what SC4 would treat as an avenue. (In the example I'm giving, I-8 replaced US-80.) Of course, the ramp which connects to the "inside" side of the 45 curve would have to cross the highway lanes; in most cases I have seen this as an underpass, but a flyover is (theoretically) possible. Would it be possible to replicate this sort of junction somehow?

bat

These new buttons are looking really good, Alex!
Wonderful work on them!! :thumbsup:

jgehrts

Did the sticky post at the top always say "Rural Highway Mod Version 21 (Beta)--COMING SOON"?  I just noticed that.

Tarkus

Thanks for the feedback on the menu buttons--I'm glad you all like them, and you'll be seeing more of what will be placed under them soon . . .

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on September 22, 2008, 03:24:59 AM
I think I know what RHW with a plural is. It's more than 4 lanes, isn't it?

More than an Elevated RHW-4?  Possibly . . .
(the RULs can actually carry over directly from the ground versions, and the paths with only slight modification . . . )

Quote from: writingliberty on September 22, 2008, 08:43:05 AM
Would it be possible to replicate this sort of junction somehow?

Yes, actually, it would.  There are preliminary plans for some sort of MIS Ramp Interface piece that branches off of a 45-degree curve.

Quote from: jgehrts on September 22, 2008, 09:58:39 AM
Did the sticky post at the top always say "Rural Highway Mod Version 21 (Beta)--COMING SOON"?  I just noticed that.

It's actually said that for probably at least 4 or 5 months now. :D  I'd keep an eye on it, though.  It might start saying other stuff at some point. ;)

Back with more in a bit . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit:  Oh, and my nebulous comment last time:

Quote from: Tarkus on September 21, 2008, 06:46:50 PM
I am planning on potentially taking an "interesting" route with the models (at least beginning with Version 22, though I'm leaning toward doing it now), which will open modifying them up to others who don't want to mess around with all the intricacies of transit modeling and lead to a wide variety of third-party modifications for the Elevated RHWs (yes, plural ;)) and MIS.  (Hint: It involves a certain type of file . . .)

That "certain type of file" is a Type21 exemplar, if you hadn't guessed already. ;)

CasperVg

Although the icons look pretty nice, I would actually advocate the usage of a more common terrain mod in those icons; since they more conform to the fact that most people use more ehm.. lush terrains. Interesting T21-idea tho.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on September 22, 2008, 11:16:18 AM
It's actually said that for probably at least 4 or 5 months now. :D  I'd keep an eye on it, though.  It might start saying other stuff at some point. ;)

Oh, my.  Here we go again, Alex. ;D  I will keep a constant eye on that subject line now, that's for sure.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jgehrts

Quote from: Tarkus on September 22, 2008, 11:16:18 AM

Apparently I'm a little slow up the uptake.   ;D  I have a strange feeling that, when the new version is ready, you'll change the stickied post but not say anything right off the bat... just to see how long it takes for somebody to say something!

nerdly_dood

Not bad - much better organization than in v.20  :thumbsup:

Also, I'm looking forward to interpreting another nebulous comment or three ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: jgehrts on September 22, 2008, 12:59:22 PM
I have a strange feeling that, when the new version is ready, you'll change the stickied post but not say anything right off the bat... just to see how long it takes for somebody to say something!

You're giving me ideas now.  :D  I hadn't thought of that . . . I rather like it. &idea 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

Ha, Ha. This reminds me of the so-called "Veepstakes". Don't know much for sure, but it really is fun guessing.

Thanks for the info. The RUL's copy quite nicely? I gather the hardest part of making them is the modelling.

jplumbley

Quote from: jgehrts on September 22, 2008, 12:59:22 PM
Apparently I'm a little slow up the uptake.   ;D  I have a strange feeling that, when the new version is ready, you'll change the stickied post but not say anything right off the bat... just to see how long it takes for somebody to say something!

Hey... we've never been known to do anything like that have we?   Diagonal SAM was never included, what are you talking about.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

pagenotfound

This menu organization is much better; more convenient. And elevated multi RHW? (that gives me an idea &Thk/()
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

choco

QuoteRHW-2 and RHW-4 Bridges
any chance on how these are being constructed, or should i wait until release to start modeling additional bridges?

ie, there's nothing in the INI files for ANT bridges, so is it using OWR?

Tarkus

choco, to answer your question, they are true RHW-based bridges.  The next update of the Bridge Controller will include INI entries for them.  (There's a "dummy" entry under "DirtRoad Bridges" in the current Bridge Controller file).  smoncrie also managed to get the RHW Bridge RUL file (0x0000100b) working, too, which one of the bridges uses. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

What I'd like to know is this: Will there be bridges for both ground and elevated RHW like there is for GLR and ELR? That would be best for greatest flexibiliity.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

choco

Quote from: Tarkus on September 23, 2008, 05:34:25 PM
(There's a "dummy" entry under "DirtRoad Bridges" in the current Bridge Controller file).
doh.....saw that and never put 2 & 2 together.....much appreciated :thumbsup:
Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 23, 2008, 05:39:58 PM
What I'd like to know is this: Will there be bridges for both ground and elevated RHW like there is for GLR and ELR? That would be best for greatest flexibiliity.
i hate to assume, but it could be similar to HSR.....same model adjusted for the Z difference.  im drawing a blank atm, but theres a property that'll shift the Z, i believe.