• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

I've noticed that Alex's text now says, "We like to surprise people... really."   ::)  It's getting to the point where I never know what I will see in here from one week to the next, and the RHW 21 may be one of the surprises that appears soon... I hope. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kj3400

Now the text by the release date says "not yet available." Tarkus.... ::)
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

MandelSoft

Hey Tarkus, I see you have a new puzzle piece two pages ago (and a new avatar!) It looks awesome!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

darraghf

Hey, I'm just wondering what will be included in the new version.

Besides all of the extra lanes.

Like will it be just elevated rhw4, mis and what??

Will there be elevated rhw6s,6c, etc.???
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

remanh

Will the RHW overpasses (road over RHW) be in road puzzle piece menu, or will they still be in the RHW menu?

Tarkus

Quote from: metalheadfromny on October 19, 2008, 10:00:29 PM
If you highlight next to where it says "Not Yet Available" there's a pretty interesting message.  ;D

You caught me there.  :D  I was doing a little test to see if that was a viable way to sneak hidden messages into various places.  I'm always seeking out innovation in teasing.  Obviously, though, full-size white-text doesn't work.  Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Quote from: Pat on October 19, 2008, 11:26:15 PM
Alex I have no clue what to say anymore!!! all I can think of is Stunning and btw I love that little message under the dependencies  ;)

I do have one question for you though, has it been fixed where the RHW 2 will be able to go threw the ave no problem or is that still being worked on? Im sorry if you already answered this somewhere and I didn't notice...

Thanks Pat

Heh . . . you caught my other message.  Dang, you guys are really perceptive. 

As far as the Avenue/RHW-2, that's always functioned to my knowledge.  Did you mean Avenue/RHW-4?  In that case, that is not planned for Version 21.  jplumbley's been bugging me about it for awhile, too. ::)  The main issue is implementation, with the separable median and what not, and in the meanwhile, you can just do the Avenue workaround and get turn lanes.  I think eventually, there will probably be some sort of actual RHW-4/Avenue at-grade intersection . . . I myself would like to do that, to really be able to replicate Oregon 99W in Sherwood.

Quote from: metarvo on October 20, 2008, 05:16:31 AM
I've noticed that Alex's text now says, "We like to surprise people... really."   ::)  It's getting to the point where I never know what I will see in here from one week to the next, and the RHW 21 may be one of the surprises that appears soon... I hope. :)

Quote from: kj3400 on October 20, 2008, 06:38:54 AM
Now the text by the release date says "not yet available." Tarkus.... ::)

Everyone is watching my every move here.  ::)  It will, eventually be one of the surprises here, though there will probably be a few more before that time. 

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 20, 2008, 07:18:32 AM
Hey Tarkus, I see you have a new puzzle piece two pages ago (and a new avatar!) It looks awesome!

Thanks!  And actually, that's an "old" avatar.  It was my original avatar when I first joined here and ST. 

Quote from: darraghf on October 20, 2008, 09:12:16 AM
Hey, I'm just wondering what will be included in the new version.

Besides all of the extra lanes.

Like will it be just elevated rhw4, mis and what??

Will there be elevated rhw6s,6c, etc.???

There will indeed be Elevated RHW-4 and MIS.  There's also going to be a bunch of new Network-over and MIS Ramp Interface Pieces, a few new transitions, a few new intersection configurations for the MIS, and that just about covers it.

As far as eventually having Elevated Wider RHWs, they won't be in Version 21, but they are definitely planned for a future release.

Quote from: remanh on October 20, 2008, 09:42:17 AM
Will the RHW overpasses (road over RHW) be in road puzzle piece menu, or will they still be in the RHW menu?

They'll be under their own Road/RHW Puzzle Pieces button under the Roads menu.

Back with more in a bit . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on October 20, 2008, 03:16:28 AM
()testing()
That speaks volumes :D I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these tiny hints you keep dropping...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

DFire870

Quote from: Tarkus on October 19, 2008, 06:53:50 PM
Thanks for the Google link, John.  That makes sense now. :thumbsup:  It looks like you'd need an RHW-4/Dual MIS Splitter (like the current RHW-2 one).  That is in fact planned for Version 21 (just spliced up the textures last night), so it looks like you're good to go.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit:  And I should also add, I've edited the poll to allow everyone to change votes, if they so choose, especially since Mid-October is pretty much done now. ;)

Yay, that's great news. Although I'm probably the only one or one of a select few that uses frontage roads extensively. ::) That's what happens when you live in Texas for most of your life. :P I detest them, but they sure are handy.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

JGCarter

Quote from: Tarkus on October 14, 2008, 11:40:53 PM

Yes, Im back out of the woodworks! I just HAD to say how wonderfully this project is coming along!!! I just wanted to point out another advantage of this LH ramp, now when you build a local/express roadway setup, you can now have slip ramps connecting to either roadway!!! No more crossovers! At least, where I live we dont have crossovers...we just use left hand slip ramps.

Ryan B.

Wow, the Lone Star State really has quite a showing here!  I'm a Houston native, and I try to emulate TxDOT's doings in SimCity.

So far, so good . . . . but this new RHW release is going to make it so much better!

Haljackey

I recently ran into a problem while constructing a new RHW:

Any chance for a fix of this type in V.21? 

Best,
-Haljacley

JGCarter

Quote from: Haljackey on October 20, 2008, 08:31:44 PM
I recently ran into a problem while constructing a new RHW:

Any chance for a fix of this type in V.21? 

Speaking of which, is there going to be a fix for a diagonal rail crossing  ()what() ? I want to create a new commuter expressway in my city with a rail line running in the median (similar to I-66 in the DC suburbs), but I need to be able to have it cross the RHW on a diagonal in order to enter the median.

Please dont think Im being picky  ;D , I REALLY enjoy what you're doing! Thank you SOOO much for the RHW, I probaly would've given up on SC4 if it werent for the RHW. I cant wait for v21!!!!!

I love the RHW!!!!  &apls

TEG24601

Quote from: JGCarter on October 21, 2008, 09:21:58 AM
Speaking of which, is there going to be a fix for a diagonal rail crossing  ()what() ? I want to create a new commuter expressway in my city with a rail line running in the median (similar to I-66 in the DC suburbs), but I need to be able to have it cross the RHW on a diagonal in order to enter the median.

Please dont think Im being picky  ;D , I REALLY enjoy what you're doing! Thank you SOOO much for the RHW, I probaly would've given up on SC4 if it werent for the RHW. I cant wait for v21!!!!!

I use diagonal rail crossing of RHW all the time.  If you wanted to use light rail, I would use the light-rail to subway lots to get under the RHW.

TEG

JGCarter

Quote from: TEG24601 on October 21, 2008, 09:31:39 AM
I use diagonal rail crossing of RHW all the time.  If you wanted to use light rail, I would use the light-rail to subway lots to get under the RHW.

TEG

Hah! I never thought about that...thanks a bunch!

dedgren

QuoteEveryone is watching my every move here.

You don't say, Alex.  RHW2.1 is probably at the feature-level of Rush Hour at this point.  I'm watching, too.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

redraider147

well you could also use the elevated RHW that is going to be coming out in the next release to overpass it...(that said assuming there is RHW-4 over GLR/Rail)

Monorail Master

Quote from: JGCarter on October 20, 2008, 06:34:11 PM

Yes, Im back out of the woodworks! I just HAD to say how wonderfully this project is coming along!!! I just wanted to point out another advantage of this LH ramp, now when you build a local/express roadway setup, you can now have slip ramps connecting to either roadway!!! No more crossovers! At least, where I live we dont have crossovers...we just use left hand slip ramps.

Well, I cant wait! So, finally I can build the I-640/I-40/I-75 interchange in Knoxville, TN!

Also, will there be a same fix for:GLR, monorail, rail, and HSR?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

David, lol.  That pic is a classic.  I'm actually halfway tempted to take that dancing anthropomorphic eye with the mortarboard and make it my avatar for a bit . . . ::)

To those wondering about the El-Rail/GLR/Heavy Rail, etc. diagonally crossing the RHW--at this stage in development, there's no fix for those.  However, I would like to get that issue resolved . . . I'll take care of it once we're into the "bugfixing" stage of development (after the main features have been taken care of).  Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

-Alex

j-dub

Quote from: JGcarterSpeaking of which, is there going to be a fix for a diagonal rail crossing ? I want to create a new commuter expressway in my city with a rail line running in the median (similar to I-66 in the DC suburbs), but I need to be able to have it cross the RHW on a diagonal in order to enter the median.
In case anyone forgot, we still have OWR for RHW work-arounds.
I just use OWR in between RHW in that situation, because I get a couple of fancy metal pylon overhanging rail road crossing lights, that ends up looking great in between RHW. Its no problem with the black RHW texture, or if I split an avenue, I get one regular ground crossing gate when the tracks cross. I also use OWR under diagonal elevated rail.

metarvo

Quote from: j-dub on October 21, 2008, 05:47:22 PM
In case anyone forgot, we still have OWR for RHW work-arounds.
I just use OWR in between RHW in that situation, because I get a couple of fancy metal pylon overhanging rail road crossing lights, that ends up looking great in between RHW. Its no problem with the black RHW texture, or if I split an avenue, I get one regular ground crossing gate when the tracks cross. I also use OWR under diagonal elevated rail.

//////////
(Warning: My post is slightly off-topic)
Where did you get those, j-dub?  I'm positive that the default Maxis ones are nothing like that.  Good point about the OWR, though.  I'm always having to convert my RHW's to Ave. or OWR for one reason or another.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.