• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: metarvo on December 19, 2008, 05:52:29 AM
That's an spectacular interchange you've got there, Alex.  RHW Day will be a great day, if I do say so myself.

&apls

I second that one!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

un1

I have a feeling that it is tomorrow...
Quote from: Tarkus' CMT (Custom Member Title)
The sun will rise, we'll climb into cars . . .

-un1

metarvo

Quote from: un1 on December 21, 2008, 07:05:20 PM
I have a feeling that it is tomorrow...

Whenever it is, it has to be soon.  This new CMT coincides with an RHW-related issue that is going on in a certain popular SC4D thread.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jmvl

Will RHW version 3.0 be able to connect RHW-4s and wider RHW networks to a neighbourhood city witch cars can use?
Will RHW version 3.0 include a RHW-10 to RHW-4 and RHW-6 splitter, like this?

|||||
|||||
||| \\
|||  \\
|||  ||

io_bg

1.I'm not sure but I think there won't be neighbour connections.
2.Yes, there will be. Look on page 185 (the second picture).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Actually, io_bg, it's the other way around. ::)

jmvl, to answer your questions:

1.  Yes--it'll be possible through the loop connector technique.  You can already do that with the RHW-4 and RHW-6S in the current Version 2.0 release.  I have a link to the tutorial in the FAQ stickied at the top of every page.

2.  No, not yet.  The thing that io_bg was referring to is actually an RHW-8 to Dual RHW-4 Splitter.

And for those wondering about my Custom Text . . . it may mean something, it may not.  ;)  (If anyone can guess where that line actually comes from . . .)

Right now, I'm working on getting a last few things stabilized RUL-wise with the Draggable RHW-over-RHW stuff.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Owaen

Although I think this song is where the text comes from, I have no idea what it all means. ()what()

Artist: Wilco
Album: A Ghost is Born
Song: Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Spiders are singing in the salty breeze
Spiders are filling out tax returns
Spinning out webs of deductions and melodies
On a private beach in Michigan
Why can't they wish their kisses good
Why do they miss when their kisses should
Fly like winging birds fighting for the keys
On a private beach in Michigan

This recent rash of kidsmoke
All these telescopic poems
It's good to be alone

Why can't they say what they want
Why can't they just say what they mean
Come clean, listen and talk
Hello private callers, IDs blocked

The sun will rise, we'll climb into cars
The future has a valley and a shortcut around
Who will wear the crown of drowning award
Hold a private light on a Michigan shore

You fool me with a kiss of kidsmoke
From a microscopic home
It's good to be alone

I'll be in my bed
You can be the stone
That raises from the dead
And carries us all home

There's no blood on my hands
I just do as I am told

TheChosenOne

Hey Tarkus! Awesome work in those interchanges!  :thumbsup:
Where can I find that Z simulator? Thanks!

jmvl

Thank you for the fast answer!

Quote from: Tarkus on December 22, 2008, 02:31:20 AM
1.  Yes--it'll be possible through the loop connector technique.  You can already do that with the RHW-4 and RHW-6S in the current Version 2.0 release.  I have a link to the tutorial in the FAQ stickied at the top of every page.

I've read on page 190 that j-dub had discovered how to make neighbourhood connections without the loop connector technique. My question was actually: will this possible in the new version of the RHW? A neighbourhood connection without a loop connector looks more realistic.

nerdly_dood

The only thing I can get out of that song is the line just after the one Tarkus has as his custom text - "The future has a valley and a shortcut around" but I can't think of much more of a connection between the RHW and the song than that.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Monorail Master

WOW! I can't wait for this to come out man. And for me, my little brother ruined his Christmas because of a Wii remote accident. He was playing baseball on it in my room. Then he forgot to wear that strap, he swung, and the the remote smashed my computer. Then broke it :( . He had to pay $100 in order to fix it.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp9/MBG141/DSC00335.jpg

As you can see, that WiiRemote and or other WiiRemotes can do some serious damage.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

SimsReporter

Can't wait for the next update Tarkus, the RHW Pics are getting better and better  &apls
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Patricius Maximus

The sun will rise, and then we will climb into cars, sailing to our destination on a brand-new RHW-10.

Yes, but which sunrise will it be?

simzebu

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 22, 2008, 09:52:30 AM
The sun will rise, and then we will climb into cars, sailing to our destination on a brand-new RHW-10.

Yes, but which sunrise will it be?
Hopefully not the Alaskan one.... :P
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Tarkus

jmvl, the thing in j-dub's pic is still a loop connector--it's just been covered up by text. ;)  I'm looking at ways to somehow "disguise" or "camouflage" the loop connector--I might have something that works by one of the next couple releases.

TheChosenOne:  Simulator Z can be found attached to this post.

MonorailMaster: Sorry to hear about your computer--glad to hear that it sounds like it's been fixed, though.

Owaen:  You did indeed find the correct reference.  ;)  I do listen to a fair amount of Wilco . . . "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" being the most played song on my iPod right now.   :thumbsup:  (In fact, I've been known to listen to it while modding. ;))  Whether or not there's any significance to my custom text change . . . we'll see. ;)   

More pics in a bit, methinks.

-Alex (Tarkus)

A200

Awww I am getting more impatient and excited by the day  :'( $%Grinno$% :D

Monorail Master

Tarkus: Well, it happens &mmm

Well I wonder. I forgot what I was going to post.  &idea Oh yeah, how is the progress on the RHW tunnels?

Wow. Exactly three days till Christmas. I wish 3.0 can come out that day.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

sim-al2

RHW tunnels are impossible without modifiying the .exe...  ...which is illegal. :o Any other questions have been answered in the sticked post at the top of the page.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 22, 2008, 04:10:46 PM
Oh yeah, how is the progress on the RHW tunnels?

Well, there's nothing we can really do with the tunnels--the issue there hardcoded, unfortunately, as sim-al2 pointed out.  I am looking at possibly implementing that workaround we came up with back when we were discussing the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, though--I'd like to get that in place in a near future version.

-Alex (Tarkus)

sim-al2

I am looking at possibly implementing that workaround we came up with back when we were discussing the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, though--I'd like to get that in place in a near future version.

Is that a teaser? :shocked2: ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")