• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEG24601

There are many of these short entrances/exits across the US.  Most are along US Highways, like the Republican St. exit on SR-99 (formerly US 99) in Seattle, or in rural areas (there are many along I-90/94) or old freeways (like I-75 at Corunna Rd. in Flint, MI), and even some on high capacity streets to facilitate quick ingress and egress at smaller streets.  It might be nice to make them available, for those wishing to recreate existing cities, but they shouldn't be used (as they aren't typically being built anymore for safety reasons).  Perhaps if they were an optional component to the RHW would be best, so people don't just use them because they are there.

TEG

Wthrwyz

When I saw Dexter's post, I was reminded of this interchange.  Note the 15 MPH speed limit for the exit ramps on a highway with a nominal speed limit of 55.  The stop sign at the end of the ramp is just icing on the cake. ::)
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

elhefebonito

These narrow, dangerous ramps are common on the Arroyo Seco, built in the early days of freeway history.  They are normally signed as 5MPH, and the on-ramps are controlled by stop signs.  This road is gorgeous to drive with lovely bridges and greenery throughout despite having ultrathin lanes, no corner banking, and thin shoulders at best.  It's really safest at 55 but most drive it at 75 :p

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.885512,-78.244328&hl=en&ll=39.885504,-78.244328&spn=0.006948,0.016512&sll=39.885512,-78.244328&sspn=0.006948,0.016512&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=17

Gugu3

Wonderful job with those Euro texture Maarten ;D
just for curiosity...which terrain mod are you using?I really like it :P

MandelSoft

^^ The terrain mod I use is the CPT Italia Terrain Mod. I also downloaded the corresponding tree controller.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Paul 999

mrtnrln wonderful work on the Euro mod! And i see it the 'Plusstrook' or 'Spitsstrook' ;)

Nice, i will made a motorway whit a plusstrook in my region.

Tarkus

Ramp chevronization is underway . . .

May have some more fun stuff up my sleeves before too long.

-Alex

Gugu3

Awesome Tarkus!I like that kind of ramp! :D
@Maarten Thank you! :thumbsup:

firefighter57

Realized something today...I can't find the FLEX SPUI.  What sub menu is it located in?

itsacoaster

Quote from: firefighter57 on October 08, 2011, 10:44:25 AM
Realized something today...I can't find the FLEX SPUI.  What sub menu is it located in?
I believe it's in the Avenue-over-RHW menu.

firefighter57

Quote from: itsacoaster on October 08, 2011, 10:47:35 AM
Quote from: firefighter57 on October 08, 2011, 10:44:25 AM
I believe it's in the Avenue-over-RHW menu.

My goof!  I found it.  That is exactly where it is.  Thanks!

metarvo

Alex, that's an inside C-ramp being used for a C/D setup, isn't it?  It looks nice, especially with the chevrons.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Quote from: metarvo on October 08, 2011, 12:28:14 PM
Alex, that's an inside C-ramp being used for a C/D setup, isn't it?

It is indeed.  And thanks for the kind words on the chevrons!  (Though I do have to give a fair bit of credit to SA on the chevron styling.)

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

io_bg

Or compact FARHW-4 :P Hoping the same is coming for diagonal RHW, too!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sepen77

Woah, diagonal type B1 ramp for RHW6C ...  ;D
~ Sepen77