• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The City & County of Honolulu

Started by sumwonyuno, July 31, 2009, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumwonyuno

Hello all,

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I decided to choose jeronij's waterfall lots because they are the closest I could find to recreate the falls.  It's a bit too wide and hard to tame, but it does have good effects.

After a one and a half mile hike in the Manoa Valley, you'll reach the 150 foot tall Manoa Falls.

At the bottom of the falls are many boulders that have fell from further up the mountains.  The water here flows down the Manoa Valley as the Manoa Stream, all the way down to the Ala Wai Canal in Waikiki, and eventually into the Pacific Ocean.

Until next time, take care!

***Replies***

RickD: jeronij's water generator lots better captured the essence of the falls better than pegasus's lots.
Tomas Neto: Thanks Tomas!
ricardomiranda: Thank you!
Terring7: Heh, better late than never! I hope this update didn't disappoint.  :)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Terring7

Disappoint me? This? You must be joking, right? $%Grinno$%
This is pretty awesome, I like how you made the waterfall and the flora :)&apls :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Nanami

Really nice! the recreation of RL pictures!  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

These pictures are awesome! I don´t know whether i´ve said anything here before, but i´m a long time lurker in Your thread and i love Your work.  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

sumwonyuno

Hello all,

This week, Honolulu is hosting the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.  The leaders, high-ranking officials, and delegates from its 21 member economies have come here to discuss issues ranging from trade to renewable energy.  It is the largest event of its kind hosted here.  The Federal government's goals are to encourage international opportunities in the Pacific rim, and the City and State's goals are to encourage those opportunities here in Hawaii.

What?! No aloha shirts?!   :'(

Understandably, security is tight.  It has inconvenienced residents, businesses, and tourists.  There aren't many connecting roads and thoroughfares in town (and the rest of the island).  Every time a motorcade comes, people have to get out of the way, and sometimes sections of roadways get closed (including the H-1 Freeway).  Thankfully I have not been inconvenienced... yet.  Yesterday I did encounter military personnel in my neighborhood on the way to work.  Today is Veteran's Day, so no work, and not having to deal with potential road blocks.

To my fellow Pacific Rim friends, I hope you're delegations have made the most of their stay and value their experiences time here.

Until next time!

***Replies***

Terring7 and 976: Thank you!

carlfatal:  Heh, I'm glad for your appreciation!  ... I thought I saw another name when you originally posted.   %confuso

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

kelis

The region view looks good  &apls &apls You are doing a great job. It's a great recreation !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Sciurus

Amazing work my friend!! :o :o &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Lior

This view is fantastic, keep the good work!!

carlfatal

Wonderful overview! I love these satellite pictures...  &apls
And yes You´re right, Jeronij did it and changed my nick, no eufl anymore.  :satisfied:  ;D
Greetz, Carl

Nanami

bat

Fantastic regionoverview there!
Looking forward to more...

ricardomiranda

Quote from: kelis on November 12, 2011, 12:39:22 AM
The region view looks good  &apls &apls You are doing a great job. It's a great recreation !

&apls &apls

noahclem

Nice region overview and beautiful waterfalls in the previous update!  &apls  I wish I knew how to make waterfalls look like that!

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.