• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanicbuff

I'm american but I'm using Euro textures, found an odd glitch- 1 side of this works, while the other side does not- it reverts back to American textures.
Heres the issue- note how 1 side is euro, but the other side is not, then the road goes Euro afterwards again:
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

ish

NAM 32, 13k buses in 77k city... is that ok?
(red line is buses, green is cars, pink is pedestrians)

I checked traffic on some stops. Number of buses is just two times less than number of people.

APSMS

Hi Ish,

Glad to see you here.

The NAM adjusts the way Sims commute, by making faster commutes more important, and changing the way buses work. Poorer Sims will consider using Mass Transit (MT) over cars more often, esp. if the car takes the same amount of time.

Also consider that the Station query lists total usage for the entire day, so if there are 15 000 people using the station to go to work, and they use the same stop on their evening commute, then the query will list 30 000 total usage.

Making MT worthwhile is one of the biggest benefits of the NAM, in my opinion.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jsthreadgill

I'm having an issue with the wide radius curves. I remember before this new NAM update the curves had sidewalks. Is there a reason why the 45 degree Avenue flex is the only one with sidewalks? Also, I've removed all plugins except for NAM 32.1 for mac.

compdude787

The other curves for road and street are also draggable, and when you drag them, they'll get sidewalks. The Avenue 45 degree FLEX curve has sidewalks because it's flex. You can find the dragging patterns in the NAM manual which should be in Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files. Open the manual and you should find a section with the Draggable FAR and wide-radius curves.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Jsthreadgill

Quote from: compdude787 on September 07, 2014, 08:37:28 PM
The other curves for road and street are also draggable, and when you drag them, they'll get sidewalks. The Avenue 45 degree FLEX curve has sidewalks because it's flex. You can find the dragging patterns in the NAM manual which should be in Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files. Open the manual and you should find a section with the Draggable FAR and wide-radius curves.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that they are draggable, my question is why don't the smooth curve portions of the road have sidewalks? At one point in time all of the wide radius curves had sidewalks.

Thanks

compdude787

Quote from: Jsthreadgill on September 07, 2014, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: compdude787 on September 07, 2014, 08:37:28 PM

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that they are draggable, my question is why don't the smooth curve portions of the road have sidewalks? At one point in time all of the wide radius curves had sidewalks.

Thanks

You must have had a mod at one point that added sidewalks to all the NAM curves. The curve puzzle pieces don't have those by default. I take it you plopped all the curves shown in the picture, right?

My YouTube Channel

j-dub

I certainly don't remember the curve pieces having a default sidewalk. The only thing I am suspecting is that the custom sidewalk mod was potentially deleted when the old NAM was uninstalled before the new one was installed. That thing would happen to me, I would have cosmetic files in there that would get taken out along side the NAM components, regardless if it was installed with it.

Chriss

Is there an issue with NAM Level 3 starters?  I choose either RHW4 or MIS starter, and plop; then, either nothing appears or a single pylon without the road above it. I can drag RHW2 through it, but the pylons merely remain and the road is ground level RHW2 for other tiles.

compdude787

Quote from: Chriss on October 12, 2014, 09:16:03 PM
Is there an issue with NAM Level 3 starters?  I choose either RHW4 or MIS starter, and plop; then, either nothing appears or a single pylon without the road above it. I can drag RHW2 through it, but the pylons merely remain and the road is ground level RHW2 for other tiles.

You need to make sure you have the L3 and L4 parts of the RHW installed. The surefire way of making sure they get installed is to do a custom installation. You can re-run the NAM installer and it'll overwrite your previous NAM installation w/o you having to uninstall it first (this way, it'll autoselect everything you have installed currently). Go thru all the options and make sure that the RHW L3 and L4 networks are installed and this should fix your problem.

My YouTube Channel

belfastsocrates

Would anyone know why the intersection when a road meets this particular SAM texture results in a blank space? When you drag a road to this SAM texture to create a T-Junction it highlights as a dark brown tile and no junction is created.

If I continue the road and make a crossroad junction it appears as normal.

As shown in the image below it's just this one SAM texture.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

noahclem

You seem to be missing a texture--or if the game lags when you try to do create that situation than it's missing paths too. I can't think of how that could happen unfortunately. If it were me I would try a fresh NAM install and if that didn't work go digging through my plugins for a potentially conflicting mod. Best of luck :)

Pioneer

Frolius666

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the NAM 2x2 roundabouts. (V32)
They don't form if I draw a circular street or road.
The 3x3 oneways are OK though.
Attached a screenshot of the issue.
When I check the installation folders the roundabout .dat files are present.
There are no other plugins in my plugins folder.
Tried a re-install of the NAM but that didn't help.
Any advice??

eggman121

Ok answer time.

@Pioneer

The transition that you are showing is currently not supported. Only OWR3 to RHW6S and OWR2 to RHW4S is supported. Don't know when a transition will be made.

@Frolius666

You can only have on road and/or street leading into a single roundabout tile. Any other combination will cause it to make crossroads as described in your picture. The only exception is when you draw a street with that pattern. Have you been doing a custom install?

Hope this helps!

-eggman121

Frolius666

Quote from: eggman121 on November 08, 2014, 05:08:38 PM

You can only have on road and/or street leading into a single roundabout tile. Any other combination will cause it to make crossroads as described in your picture. The only exception is when you draw a street with that pattern. Have you been doing a custom install?

Hi Eggman121,
Thanks for the response...
I am using a custom install, I use the Euro texture set, and I don't install the parts I don't need (yet).
However, I did do a test with the "full install" option, but the same happened.
There's only one road leading to the roundabout on a single tile.
And in case you wonder... I use SC4 Deluxe with EP1 and update to V1.1.640 installed.

MandelSoft

Have you checked if you marked "road roundabouts" and "street roundabouts" on in the installer?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Frolius666

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 09, 2014, 05:05:31 AM
Have you checked if you marked "road roundabouts" and "street roundabouts" on in the installer?

Yes I did MandelSoft, all roundabouts, curves etc are installed.
Also checked in the NAM folder if they are present after the install, and they are...

MandelSoft

Have you checked if "de-couple RUL files" is marked off in the installer? Have you checked if you don't have a conflicting NAM copy from the pre-NAM 31 era?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Frolius666

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 09, 2014, 06:10:06 AM
Have you checked if "de-couple RUL files" is marked off in the installer? Have you checked if you don't have a conflicting NAM copy from the pre-NAM 31 era?

Yes, checked that too, RUL files aren't de-coupled and otherwise my plugin folder is completely empty during testing, apart from the NAM of course...