• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The surface is not displayed correctly

Started by Alan_Waters, April 14, 2016, 10:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

Installed "JENXPARIS Quais de Seine", and the surface of the pavement is not displayed correctly, repeating the slope of the land.  :'(

How to fix it?  ()what()

vortext

Unfortunately there's no real fix, only workarounds, because the slope is simply not steep enough the covered by the half tile wide walls. So either raise the terrain, thus making for a steeper slope. Or only use the one tile width walls, as in the top of the image, since these do cover the slope completely.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Alan_Waters

I raised the terrain, but the tile is still repeats it.
Thanks for the quick response!

Themistokles

Quote from: Alan_Waters on April 14, 2016, 11:00:48 AM
I raised the terrain, but the tile is still repeats it.

These pieces require a very steep slope, so make sure that you test them on a slope that is at least 30 m high. Otherwise, there's not very much to do about it. As vortext said, you could use the QS1 pieces, that you have used at the top of the image.

If you are familiar with the Lot Editor and know the exact height of the slope, there is a possible, but rather tedious work-around. (I will describe it as if you're not very familiar with the Lot Editor, just in case.) You can open the QS2 lots in the Lot Editor, then:

• save as and give the lot a new name
  • reverse all the props, so that the lot looks the same but faces the other direction
  • select all props on the lot, and then press CTRL + UP arrow, until the white figure shows you the height of the slope
  • change the value Threshold under Foundation in the Lot tab to 0.00
  • save and close the Lot editor, then start the game
  • plop your new lot facing the street below the slope.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Alan_Waters

Themistokles, thank you very much for your help, but modding - it's incredibly hard for me. I'm much closer to the sound editors.  ;D

Themistokles

Then you'll either have to make the slope 30 m high, or use only the basic Quais de Seine pieces. :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill