• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Site Guide

Started by huzman, June 29, 2018, 06:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huzman

In spite of running four times around SC4D, I couldn't find a guide to know how to do things like:
1) Can one mark read a Single Topic instead of the whole site?
2) Where are the pix and/or downloads of a given topic?
3) There are more questions I'm sure, but let's start with these two... More later. (I'm late for a hospital visit.)
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

art128

I can answer question number 2.

-If pictures are missing it's because of image hosting issues. In the past years, several popular image hosting websites decided to delete uploaded pictures that weren't behind a paid account. So pretty much everything that was uploaded for free there (safe to assume 90% of the whole database) is gone forever. There are no work around or way to restore it, it's gone.
-If by download you mean attachment, they should still be available. However if you meant links to uploading website, I'm afraid that's the same fate as the pictures.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

huzman

Thanks art128,
Yeah like someone said: "Photobucket borked the internet".
To expand a little on what I said:
Very often I enter a thread and I find a lot of "Beautiful job!", "awesome", "Thanks", you get the idea... And I mean a LOT of them, so, I start moving backwards to find the pictures they are talking about. I go several pages backwards with no luck, until I get fed up and jump out.
Is there a link to find the pertinent post, even if the pix are no longer there.

A quick edit: In the "Re: Bat showcase", mattb325 posted a topic with lots of shots and a link to the building shown. That's what I meant.
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

huzman

So it looks like there isn't a guide on how to understand the SC4D site. I'm surprised.
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Seaman

Quote from: huzman on July 01, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
So it looks like there isn't a guide on how to understand the SC4D site. I'm surprised.

well there is at least the "new member area". I mean it's not as handy as a real guide, but a lot of my questions were answered by browsing through that section.

You can find it on the 4th position of the SC4D quicklinks. here is the link.