• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC lights

Started by deanva, August 20, 2021, 09:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

I was wondering how the bsclight_firelight was created, was it like using gmax BAT? Would like to use a pole 25 meters or higher for my airport apron parking instead of the highway light I an currently using using the same cone or wider.

mgb204

Functioning lamps usually have two parts, the basic model of the lamppost, which is 'attached' using an RKT4 exemplar to a light cone. The light cone is a simple S3D model and FSH texture pair. By editing those you can adjust the colour and intensity of a light.

Just moving a lightcone higher might mean the light doesn't reach it's intended source. If you want such a high light, you might want to poke around the USL mod, which includes the same lightcones used with the LRM mod too. You should find about 5 different sizes for 6 different coloured lights in that pack, which fit most needs.

Probably a bit much for your purposes, but the 75m high Flood Light by T1 (BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3), would seem a good fit here.

Either way, ideally you want to find an existing resource to re-purpose, since it would save a lot of hassle having to learn to create or edit light cones.

deanva

Thank mgb i will try your suggestions.

deanva

Those lights were too tall mgb so I went into the BAT and made some.

deanva

Original lights.

deanva

New lights.

deanva

New light at night.