• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ilives Reader automatically changing values as soon as I save it

Started by MoltresRider, February 13, 2023, 02:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoltresRider

I am trying to make a lot generate income at the expense of some radiation. I created a BAT from a Kraid model from Metroid.

Online I read:

To make a lot generate income, input a negative value as a SINIT64 value. You must use hexadecimal value accordance to its SINIT64 value

I want the lot to generate $3191994 per month. The number comes from the release date of Super Metroid

Using this website https://www.simonv.fr/TypesConvert/?integers

I input -3191994 and under SINT64, I get 0xFFFFFFFFFFCF4B46

So I enter 0xFFFFFFFFFFCF4B46 into the Budget Item: Cost in the exemplar file and click save.

But as soon as I click "save", ilives automatically converts the hexadecimal value to 0xFFFFFFFEFFCF4B46

Which represents an entirely different number.

I tried editing the value back to 0xFFFFFFFFFFCF4B46 but every time I click save, ilives automatically reverts the value to 0xFFFFFFFEFFCF4B46. Replacing an F with an E.

I do NOT want that!

How do I get ilives to accept 0xFFFFFFFFFFCF4B46 as a value?

mgb204

I can't explain why it is getting altered in Reader, but can confirm the same problem so it's most likely some bug.

However, I was able to set the value using SC4 Tools, another modding tool. So I suggest you try that instead as it's the easiest solution.

MoltresRider

I ended going an alternate route by setting the purpose to "Business Deals Income"