• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 05, 2008, 07:18:46 AM
Yes, but there's still a lot of work to do. If anyone else is asking when the release is, I must dissapiont you; there are still some bugs. Here's a testing report of mine 3 days ago:

Best,
Maarten

I think alex and all the testers and helpers are doing a great job with this...
I mean with this much content being released, i know i certainly didnt expect an over night release or
something.. Better to take your time with everything as you are doing and get things correct...
The rest of us can wait patiently.. This will be more than worth the wait for it, whenever its released..
Thanks to everyone involved in the project..

Regards, Brian

A200

I have noticed that with the transitions for MIS elevated and RHW elevated, there seems to be no actual ramp, but just the road goes through the middle of the air (no supports) to get to the elevated structure... like below (preview of RHW in prev. page):

Is this the end result...? Or will we actually have a proper ramp for the ground > elevated RHW and MIS?  ??? :o

Tarkus

Quote from: A200 on December 05, 2008, 01:13:20 PM
Is this the end result...? Or will we actually have a proper ramp for the ground > elevated RHW and MIS?  ??? :o

We will have an actual ramp.  Those are just prototype models I did to test functionality.  Jan (Swamper77) has been working on new RHW Models, and once he's done with them, I'll be incorporating them into the Alpha Builds.  And they don't float in mid-air. ;)

-Alex

A200

Monorail Master

Pretty cool. And....."All I want for X-Mas is my 2 front teeth! I mean, RHW 3.0 to be released!"

Also, This is a video about worst-case scenario in a RHW-10. It's in spanish, but you can probaly figure out what the reporters are saying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMwXBWML9E4
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

Multiple accident, so was the shock? Pan American and Marquez clash in more than 20 cars involved? I don't know Spanish, but I think I get the idea. No matter where you are, people always behave the same way with this being in a rush thing, that looses concentration, that can cause some serious problems. This is a real EA Burnout, an insurance adjusted worst nightmare. If I also understand, America doesn't really want to build these types of super highways that many lanes wide anymore, with this knowledge, because they would prefer people not going 80-100's of miles per hour, and prefer jam ups so people don't cross state lines commuting to work. At least the RHW's don't do this type of thing, but you will see cars zig zag oddly, when using traffic generators on the wider networks. Normal commute, they don't seem to drive like that in the video, and go perfectly straight, but with the traffic generators be prepared to get in an accident in UDI.

America is NOT immune to these type of multi car accidents as well! We can go on, and on about this, but there is nothing entertaining about this.

A200

Luckily Australians know how to drive, so we don't have massive 50 car accidents on our freeways.  ??? :satisfied:

nerdly_dood

Quote from: A200 on December 06, 2008, 01:32:16 PM
Luckily Australians know how to drive, so we don't have massive 50 car accidents on our freeways.  ??? :satisfied:
You're lucky - you never have to deal with ice on bridges... :D Anyway...
Back on topic plz!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

I'm looking forward to the RHW overpasses very much.  Until then, I suppose I'll just have to transition RHW-4s to OWRs for overpasses.  For now, I'll be satisfied to just see a pic of the new ramps, as soon as one can be prepared.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

puncher1076

I'm thinboy66 from ST

Monorail Master

Yeah, well, it was either that video or video on that 200+ car pileup that happened between Dubai and Abu Dahbi, United Arab Emirates. It happened in March 11, 2008. Well, back on subject. There should be more teasers. And what I said above, "All I want for X-Mas is RHW 3.0 to be released!"
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

czkimi

:D love it   thx the RHW
Expecting the V3.0

puncher1076

Yeah, but I want RHW released TOMORROW! $%Grinno$%
For RHW-8, is it going to be dragged like the RHW-6C how you drag a portion and override RHW2 into another portion of the Highway?
I'm thinboy66 from ST

Swamper77

Quote from: metarvo on December 06, 2008, 01:53:44 PM
I'm looking forward to the RHW overpasses very much.  Until then, I suppose I'll just have to transition RHW-4s to OWRs for overpasses.  For now, I'll be satisfied to just see a pic of the new ramps, as soon as one can be prepared.

Here you go:

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

io_bg

Looks very good but I think it would be better if there were more supporting pillars  :)
One more thing - will there be smooth transition between round RHW and elevated RHS (like these between the maxis ground and elevated highways)? If yes, it would be great.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

Thanks a lot, Swamper.  That's what I wanted to see.  :thumbsup:  Real RHW overpasses are so close now.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie