• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kj3400

Oh my God, OH MY GOD, it's here!!!! &apls %BUd%
I'm going to use it straight away! Perfect timing too. Thank you very much, you just made my day.   :thumbsup:
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

remanh

Tarkus, thank YOU for all of the time and effort you put into this amazing project, and maybe now that it's released you won't have to listen to our nagging and whining anymore.   :thumbsup:

sithlrd98

Great job Alex! I'm grabbing it now and , again thank you for all your hard work!

Jayson

Patricius Maximus

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS! It's here. I'll download it tomorrow morning (have to go to bed soon to get 7 hours of sleep tonight).

Thanks, Tarkus. Thank you very much. I hope RHW 3.1 will be as big an improvement.

I'll also have to do a series of special updates in my showcase... so much to do.

One request: could someone modify the image in my sig to say "the highway revolution is here" or "Version 3.1". It's a little dated now.

Well, good night.

Tarkus

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on January 14, 2009, 07:04:45 PM
One request: could someone modify the image in my sig to say "the highway revolution is here" or "Version 3.1". It's a little dated now.

Well, new sigs for all who want them. ;D

-Alex (Tarkus)

blackedemon

Quote from: swat-medic on January 14, 2009, 05:50:58 PM
I experienced a crash when trying to make a curve with the new RHW.  I was tabbing through the curve menu and when I got to the first 8 lane curve piece the game shut itself down.

Letting you know "$Deal"$

I can confirm this. I've removed all traces of the previous RHW and I still crashed. I crashed when placing the RHW 8 curve, not when tabbing. I also noticed a red arrow after that piece in the tab cycle.

Perhaps I did something wrong? I've read the readme. :\

metarvo

RHW Day is here!

I can't wait to try this out, and now I don't have to.  I've followed this for a long time, and my patience has paid off, as I knew it would.

Let's hear it for Alex, and all who were involved in the creation and testing.  &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

Quote from: swat-medic on January 14, 2009, 05:50:58 PM
I experienced a crash when trying to make a curve with the new RHW.  I was tabbing through the curve menu and when I got to the first 8 lane curve piece the game shut itself down.

Letting you know "$Deal"$

We're working on that right now.  Apparently it was caused by some last-minute copy and pasting of the NAM controller file, causing an error. 

We will let you know when a proper fix is made for this issue.  In the meantime, enjoy everything else RHW 3.0 has to offer!   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

swat-medic

Looking great!  Thanks tarkus for the PM, good luck by the way.  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Thanks, swat

blackedemon, as I mentioned to swat-medic via PM, I can confirm the issue here on my end, too.  As Haljackey mentioned, there was a line of RUL code that was accidentally deleted in the copy-paste process.  I already have a fix ready, but the file that needs to be updated is not in the RHW download, but rather, in the NAM Core.  

In the meanwhile, as Haljackey suggests, enjoy the other features for the time-being, until we are able to implement the fix.  Thanks! :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

blackedemon

Quote from: Tarkus on January 14, 2009, 07:50:44 PM
Thanks, swat

blackedemon, as I mentioned to swat-medic via PM, I can confirm the issue here on my end, too.  As Haljackey mentioned, there was a line of RUL code that was accidentally deleted in the copy-paste process.  I already have a fix ready, but the file that needs to be updated is not in the RHW download, but rather, in the NAM Core.  

In the meanwhile, as Haljackey suggests, enjoy the other features for the time-being, until we are able to implement the fix.  Thanks! :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Awesome. Thankyou for your hard work and the swift response. :)

Pat

Hey Alex what a wonderful gift you can give today on the day of Sim Cities 6th birthday!!!! Thank you soo very much for you hard work sir!!! To all the Beta testers and everyone else on the NAM team and also all the other folks that chiped in thank you as well!!! You all are a great asset to the community!!!

Now I wish I could download the newest stuff but go figure my lluck I am not at home nor will I be able to get it for a few days siiiiiiiiiigh.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Andreas

I have updated both the NAM download, and the NAM Essentials with a bugfix for the CTD issue. If you already downloaded the NAM, please re-download the NAM Essentials and update the NAM Controller - no further action needed. :)
Andreas

A200

A future addition to the RHW could be predesigned ploppable interchanges- where the NAM team makes interchanges in SC4 and then makes it into a TE lot for plopping  $%Grinno$%

Swamper77

Quote from: A200 on January 15, 2009, 01:06:37 AM
A future addition to the RHW could be predesigned ploppable interchanges- where the NAM team makes interchanges in SC4 and then makes it into a TE lot for plopping  $%Grinno$%

I hope you meant "puzzle piece" instead of "TE lot". Within a TE lot, the Traffic Query would show a mess of arrows from the traffic shortcutting across the lot in all directions. Puzzle pieces constrain the traffic to preset paths with much less clutter in the Traffic Query view. Besides, TE lots are not as tolerant of slopes as puzzle pieces are. TE lots tend to level themselves to the average of all the high and low points within the lot boundaries.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Patricius Maximus

Thanks for the fix, and the sig image.

I am pleased to say that today is RHW Day + 1.

A200

For me, RHW was released today, about 13 hours ago  :satisfied:

Glazert

I have been able to try out some of the new RHW features. One of its advantages is its flexibility, so that even if there are not pieces that do exactly what you would like, there can often be a way of doing your own workaround. So if I wanted to merge a RHW4 with a RHW6 to form a RHW10 for a stretch (believe me such junctions do exist in real life), there is no RHW10 merger piece which would do it exactly. But using a combination of an RHW4/MIS splitter, a transition from RHW6 to RHW8 + a MIS onramp, then a transition from RHW8 to RHW10 + plus an onramp from the other split MIS you can end up by merging the RHW4 and RHW6 to form a RHW10. It isn't elegant, but I got to the end result.

Plenty more to explore. It is a real construction kit! Thanks!

metarvo

The RHW v 3.0 is great, undoubtedly.  I have noticed something that seems to be missing, though.  It seems like the RHW-8 curves TAB Ring is missing some rotations, particularly the left turns for the "RHW-8 Orthogonal-Diagonal Transition 2 (2x4)".  Is this normal, or is it a coding issue?  Either way, I'm not complaining, considering that v. 3.0 has made my January.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jmvl

I've looked today again on the RHW Thread, I've scrolled down, and I've seen the RHW version 3.0 in the downloads list. I thought one thing: "YES!!!!!!!!!!" I downloaded it immediately. It's great! :thumbsup:

I'm going to replace nearly all of my Maxis Highways by a RHW in my region. To discover how making RHWs works in version 3.0 I've replaced this...

by this:

It looks more realistic. Again, it's a great mod!
Thank you, all the people of the RHW Mod version 3.0, for making this very, very great mod! &apls