• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashton23

When i try to install version 3.2 it always goes to my 3.0 installer

carkid1998

it probaly is the 3.2 installer not the 3.0 one.

It's the same with the NAM essentials name(it says 2007)

Hope that helps!
Sendona... Coming soon!

ashton23

Tarkus

Version 3.2 is just a minor update and is primarily bugfixes, so there wasn't really that much point in changing the stuff in the installer.

-Alex

Owaen

I get this texture problem when using the "ITC Euro TRM For the RHW 3.0" by mrtnrln.
The glitches only appears in the smooth curves. (Edit : I don't get the glitch when using standard US textures)
Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions to solve it?

darraghf

I've never had that problem and I use that textures mod.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

io_bg

I have the same problem that Owaen described.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jonathan

I have this too and it's just a setting in the S3D file that hasn't been changed, it should happen with the US version as well.
It will be changed when someone gets round to it.

Jonathan

writingliberty

Dunno if it's been fixed in one of the patches (I'm not sure I have applied them all) but when I try to use the diagonal RHW-4 type A ramp, it terraforms a deep hole into my landscape...

Also, on some of the puzzle pieces (notably the Elevated Avenue / EMIS intersection), I'm not sure if I'm placing them correctly because the yellow bits are nearly invisible even after placement. (Just due to them being so small.)

Also, any tips anyone has on creating a fully accessible 4-way RHW interchange would be helpful.

doorknob60

Quote from: writingliberty on May 09, 2009, 11:59:19 AM
Also, any tips anyone has on creating a fully accessible 4-way RHW interchange would be helpful.
Simple and functional:

You can do essentially the same thing replacing the RHW-2 with RHW-4.

Also here's another one you can do if you don't mind a stoplight:

An improved version of the same intersection:

BTW kinda off topic, but why did the NWM thread get locked?
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

j-dub

Writingliberty, you may want to look more at the show us your intersection thread for that.

Time for a useless fact, there used to be a half-clover leaf interchange on my way to school, but they got rid of the loop ramp on one side all together, so they could replace it with a just a traffic light only on that one side, and not use separate direction exit ramps instead.

about the NWM thread, they probably would tell you its because unless until developmental progression otherwise

Tarkus

Quote from: writingliberty on May 09, 2009, 11:59:19 AM
Dunno if it's been fixed in one of the patches (I'm not sure I have applied them all) but when I try to use the diagonal RHW-4 type A ramp, it terraforms a deep hole into my landscape...

Yes, the infamous "sinkhole" issue.  More than likely a ConsLayout problem in the RUL File.  I didn't adjust them in any of the patches, so it's almost a certainty it's still there.  I'll put it on my list.

Quote from: doorknob60 on May 09, 2009, 12:20:24 PM
BTW kinda off topic, but why did the NWM thread get locked?

One of my fellow staff members locked it, with my okay.  There were a few reasons, namely that it wasn't really serving any real productive purpose at this juncture.  The thread will be unlocked once there's been a release.

-Alex

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on May 10, 2009, 04:59:07 PM

Since you never described this I had to quote your picture.   ::)

Nice S-cuve!  Any chance we can see MIS stubs on the end rather than the default RHW-2?  That would make it much easier to drag!  (I know its pre-alpha right now, but one can dream!)

Keep up the good work, as per usual.
-Haljackey

writingliberty

I had a thought.... what about a cloverleaf 270 ramp that can connect to a ground RHW on one end and elevated on the other? Or at least comes out as an MIS on one end and EMIS as the other, with a very shallow slope all the way around as it curves?

We have quite a few (older) highways built like that around here.

Also, I know this could possibly be done playing with slopes (though it's hard to place ramps on them), a lot of the so-called "elevated" highways around here are actually built on berms, rather than pylons. But the MIS exit ramps (even the wide type A one) want to force the terrain to be the same height as the highway, so they can't accurately represent the exits from these "berm" highways (which start sloping downward as soon as the lanes seperate).

Zack

Quote from: Tarkus on May 10, 2009, 04:59:07 PM
I didn't say that. ;) 

Let's keep this thread on topic. ;)

-Alex
Nice man  :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

OK. Anyways that is GREAT!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: (the MIS Ramp)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

io_bg

Great job! :thumbsup:
I've got a question, though - is there a chance for RHW ploppable intersections to be made some day (like the maxis highway ones but of course bigger) - like Ts, cloverleaves...?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

Quote from: io_bg on May 12, 2009, 09:51:24 AM
Great job! :thumbsup:
I've got a question, though - is there a chance for RHW ploppable intersections to be made some day (like the maxis highway ones but of course bigger) - like Ts, cloverleaves...?

I believe Alex had said in an earlier post that this was most likely not to happen.