• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

I was just going through Haljackey's RHW Interchange Guide, when this happened!

Great work NAM Team!  Looks like you've got RHW signals.

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 27, 2010, 01:40:55 PM
I was just going through Haljackey's RHW Interchange Guide, when this happened!

Great work NAM Team!  Looks like you've got RHW signals.

Actually, we didn't do anything there.  That's just a bog-stock Road/Road + intersection with RHW-2s transitioning to Road one tile before the intersection.  It looks a bit smoother than it did in earlier RHW versions, though, because of the double-solid yellow striping on the RHW-2 in the 4.x series.

-Alex

Highrise99

I've got a big problem:  I still have the east side issue.  I have the latest version of the NAM, RHW, and NWM.  That's not all:  The textures for the main tile of the wider neighbor connectors and MIS connectors are gone until I plop them.  The textures aren't really a big problem as most of the textures are missing like that with the new version.  Thank you!

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 28, 2010, 02:11:38 PM
I've got a big problem:  I still have the east side issue.  I have the latest version of the NAM, RHW, and NWM.  That's not all:  The textures for the main tile of the wider neighbor connectors and MIS connectors are gone until I plop them.  The textures aren't really a big problem as most of the textures are missing like that with the new version.  Thank you!

Yeah, there are some extraneous textures in the LHD Plugin for the Neighbor Connectors that are causing that--ebina alerted me to it not too long ago.  In the interim, stick RealHighwayMod_NeighborConnectors.dat in your RHW LHD Plugin folder, which should fix it.

-Alex

Highrise99

Rady

Hi all,

I do have a question regarding those neighbour connection pieces. I'm using the RHW-4, and there are two connection pieces in the tab ring: one's named "IN", one's named "OUT". To mee that means that I do have to use both of them on each side of the city border: the "OUT" one for the RHW-4 lane leaving the city tile, the "IN" one for the lane entering the city tile. However, one of them (I think it's the "OUT" one) doesn't match the RHW-4 texture when rotated into the position where the placement arrow points outwards. It only fits when the arrow points inwards. The IN piece positioning arrow points inwards and the texture matches.

So - do I just forget about the placement arrow and use the IN and OUT one? Or ..? And how wouild I be able to check if the neighbour connection is working? Should there be a popup when clicking that tile, that gives some information on the usage of that connection, like it is with railroads, ...?

Thanks!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Blue Lightning

Ignore the In/Out thing and the arrows. Just base it off of the yellow and white lines. Though, you shouldnt even have arrows and in/out with the latest RHW (v4.1)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Yes, if you're still seeing arrows, you have some old 4.0 files in there.  They were removed for 4.1.

-Alex

TEG24601

I'm still missing preview textures for the MIS on/off slope pieces and the curving up/down ramp, along with D-Type exit.

Tarkus

Quote from: TEG24601 on August 28, 2010, 03:49:50 PM
I'm still missing preview textures for the MIS on/off slope pieces and the curving up/down ramp, along with D-Type exit.

The RHW files were updated again on the 16th of August to fix that . . . if you're still missing them, you've got the original 4.1 files from the 14th or some 4.0 files sitting in there somewhere loading after and overriding the updated ones.  I haven't heard of any issues with the D-Type preview textures before (and haven't been able to replicate that here on my end), so I'm not sure what would be causing that for you.

-Alex

Nego

I also have the problem with the D-Type preview textures. I can't remember whether it's the entrance or he exit ramp preview texture, though I think it's the entrance ramp texture that is missing. It's only the one texture missing, not both.

PS. I have the newest RHW and NAM.

Tarkus

I've just checked my source files, and the textures used on that preview are in the .dat as they should be.  I also just checked the Mac version on the LEX, which seemed to be okay.  Nego and TEG, did you by chance use the NAM-DC for your installation?

-Alex

Nego

No, in fact, I think it's been like that since the original v4 release. I also just ran SC4 and it is only the entrance ramp preview texture, not the exit ramp preview texture.

Picture:

Tarkus

I just did a clean install here--nothing in my Plugins but NAM Version 29 and RHW 4.1, and I am seeing the preview textures on the RHW-4 Type D Entrance Ramp instead of the colored checkerboards.  I think there may be some 4.0 stragglers somewhere in your Plugins if you're seeing that.

-Alex

citybuilderx

I am also seeing no preview textures on many pieces, including MIS and RHW6C starter pieces and various other transisitions and curves. I am not aware that I have any rogue files, however since I have the LHD version could this be a bug in the installer that fails to remove the LHD files?  &mmm
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

TEG24601

Actually, I removed all of 4.0, then installed 4.1.  I had the issue with both 4.0 and 4.1, after which, I used the NAM-DC, same results.

To clarify, I have never had a preview for the D Ramp, or the curved up/down ramp, and with 4.1, I've lost the previews for the on/off slope MIS.

TEG

el_cozu

Tarkus

Quote from: TEG24601 on August 29, 2010, 01:48:44 AM
To clarify, I have never had a preview for the D Ramp, or the curved up/down ramp, and with 4.1, I've lost the previews for the on/off slope MIS.

It appears the fixed file didn't get into the Mac version for some reason and I'm getting the on/off preview issue.  However, Type D is showing up perfectly fine with a clean install.  I checked both the Windows and Mac versions on the LEX just now with a clean install.

-Alex

jdenm8

Have you undone the LHD arrow fix for V4.0? The uninstaller WILL NOT remove that file if you moved it or renamed it so it does actually load last (fixing the bug). I encountered many similar issues, but when I removed that file, many of them resolved themselves.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Nego

(My)Stats:

• RHD
  • NAM v29: Windows version (freshly re-installed)
  • RHW v4.1: Windows version (freshly re-installed)
  • Downloaded using the LEX
  • Installed using WINE
  • Plugins folder: empty (besides the above two files, NAM & RHW)

and still have the problem of the missing D ramp preview. &mmm I'm not sure where the problem could be origenating from, since you, Tarkus, said that when you did a clean install of the RHW, everything was fine. Remember though, it's just the Style D Entrance Ramp and NOT the Style D Exit Ramp.