• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Wahay A big  :thumbsup: to Glepetfor helping you with your newsletter. Excellent work my friend that you did but we are now able to see.

As for the Teaser alert- nice very nice. I like the cemetary cant wait to see a close up of this.In fact cant wait to see closeups of the area. the kettle's on dude coz I think you need a break :)

Looking forwad to the next shots I see ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

There you go, Pat, the newsletter looks great now. I knew somebody would help you with it -- that's the way things get done around here.
And the cemetery is ...well... an interesting addition to your region. Looking forward to another update.

Jm

Pat

This is a special update to my MD as it does have to deal with my profession. As this is from Yahoo News.
My heart and prayers are out to my brothers and their familys.

S.C. warehouse fire kills 9 firefighters

CHARLESTON, S.C. - Fire swept through a furniture warehouse, collapsing its roof and killing nine firefighters inside in a disaster the mayor described Tuesday as "difficult to fathom or quantify."

Nine brave, heroic, courageous firefighters of the city of Charleston have perished fighting fire in a most courageous and fearless manner, carrying out their duties," Charleston Mayor Joseph P. Riley said at a morning news conference. "To all of their loved ones, our heart goes out to them."

Two employees in the building were rescued from the blaze, which broke out at about 7 p.m. Monday in the Sofa Super Store and warehouse, Riley said. One was rescued quickly, and firefighters punched a hole through a wall of the warehouse to reach the other, he said.

Firefighters, police officers and other rescue workers saluted as the firefighters' bodies were carried from the warehouse during the night.

"To lose nine is just a tragedy of immense proportions," Riley said. "To lose nine is just unbelievable."

The department has 237 firefighters in 19 companies located throughout the city of about 106,000.

The cause of the fire was under investigation but Riley said arson was not suspected. He said the blaze apparently started in a storage area. He was unsure whether there were sprinklers in the building.

The county coroner scheduled a news conference for 2 p.m. EDT to release the names of the dead.

Witnesses said the collapse of the roof threw debris over about two-dozen rescue workers. Onlookers were hit with flying ash.

"It was like a 30-foot tornado of flames," said Mark Hilton, who was struck in his eye.

Eric Glover told CNN that he and a number of other firefighters were at a golf tournament to benefit the family of a firefighter who had recently died when they heard the call come over their department radios. By the time he arrived, he said, the roof had already collapsed.

"It all happened pretty fast. They didn't really have a chance," Glover said.

"You're always close to the guys because you spend a third of your life with these guys. Every third day you spend 24 hours there, so you get real close," he said.

Firefighters went to a nearby car dealership asking for towels and quickly got additional help, said salesman Daniel Shahid.

"The next thing you know, we were carrying hoses, directing traffic, everybody from the dealership," he said.

Shahid said he saw firefighters rescue four people from the building.

"They were struggling. They were covered in black soot. They looked scared out of their minds," Shahid said.

He later told CNN the roof collapsed too quickly for anyone to escape.

"It came from nowhere," he said. "It was a standing structure and five seconds later it was on the ground."

Riley called the firefighters heroes.

"This is a profession that we must never take for granted," the mayor said. "There's a fire raging and they go toward it."

Gov. Mark Sanford ordered state flags lowered to half staff. "These are truly some of South Carolina's bravest, who in this case made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty," he said.

Store owner Herb Goldstein said in a statement there were no words to express his sorrow.

"All of us at Sofa Super Store are devastated and heartbroken by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the heroic firefighters who lost their lives," he said.

He had owned the store for about 15 years, said his son, Jeff Goldstein.

In a small plaza next to the city's main fire house, notes and flowers were left at the base of a monument to firefighters Tuesday.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your families. We are deeply saddened and want you all to know that we value your bravery and thank you for putting your lives on the line to keep us all safe. God bless you all," read one note.

The buildings are located on what residents here refer to as the "auto mile," a commercial strip of car dealers, body shops and stereo installers

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Hey, Pat, that was an incredibly awful thing. I've already told you privately how I feel about firefighters and why. But when I saw this on MSN this morning, I felt numb at first then incredibly sad. Do you think it would be appropriate for me to send a note of sympathy to the fire chief?

Joan

Pat

Joan by all means i think that would be awsome if you did. 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Pat- I thought about you, too, when I saw that news story.  I am sure that SC4D members everywhere are saddened by the loss of your brethren.  You keep yourself safe and this great MD rolling along.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Thank you david i know i probley broke a rule here but i couldnt help it and i do promise
that i will get Waterfalls a moving along here shortly ive been working on a few projects
IE my rundabouts and tweeking them to give right stats and such.  Also been messing around
with the Terraformer just have to finish up the map i made then i will be playing it a little.
well errrm umm not so little map but all large tiles no small no medium but all large LoL...

Pat

Bumping my own thread LoL since last post was 7 days ago...
But anyways on to some business end of some thoughts needed
here... I was wondering and i never seen this before ingame what
are these next to pegs seaport any idea's or any one know?
I promisse i will have a special update for you all soon - pat

Without further ado here it is thanxs

TheTeaCat

Sorry Pat I cant help you  $%Grinno$%

But looking forward to seeing what you did with the terraformer ;)

And here you go, One cuppa raspberry tea

Derry

TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Jmouse

Pat

Derry and Joan thank you very much for being a regular here and i cant thank you 2 enough...
Now here i am gonna be doing a dirty little update lol its from 3RR not RIMP project.  The runways
and runway intersection is all Davids, Ryan's and who ever else has been working on the project...

With out further Ado here we gooooooooo

OK so those are the runway project that David has been working
on and please don't ask me for them as it was a privilege to test
these items out and believe me it is real fun working with David on this... - pat

thundercrack83

The airport is looking great, pat! But do you have any zoomed-out pictures of it? I'd like to get an idea of how big it is.

Jmouse

Great to see those innovative runways in game! You're entitled to consider yourself honored for the privilege of testing them.
There are some sharp curves, however, which might have pilots standing in line at the complaint department's desk  ::)!
Nevertheless, many of us started out with SC4 vanilla, and look at what talented artists and beta testers have given us! You guys create the basics, iron out the wrinkles, and we reap the rewards.
Thank you for making SC4 one of the best games of all time.

Jm

(Butts Flats?)

Pat

All right Dustin as you was looking for here you go!!!

yes i know its all the way zoomed out and this airport is still a working progress. Ya know
gotta allow for expansion packs LoL ;)

BTW here is anther shot in amend-um to the others i did a little adding too!!
Ohh and also with this shot is anther tester in progress LoL can you guess what??
its gonna be over at pegs that much i tell ya's  ;D

Joan how did you figure out my little umm yea insinuation?

TheTeaCat

Woah nice job you done there. &apls &apls

Although having such tall buildings almost in line with the runway 27 would make for an interesting approach.  $%Grinno$%

Thats about the only thing that looks "wrong" otherwise you deserve this cuppa raspberry tea I am making  :D

Derry

TTC

thundercrack83

Well, thank you, my friend! It looks good all zoomed out like that. I wanted to see the whole set up to get an idea of how you had it set up. I can't wait to see the expansions you have planned!

shoreman905

This is the first time I have seen Peg's Skyfarms in game. They look pretty good.

Jmouse

Thanks for the zoomed-out shot, Pat, it helps make sense out of the closeups. Will these airports serve the same purpose as the Maxis plopable?

Jm

tooheys

"No phones! No lights! No motor cars!
Not a single luxury,...." Damn, I can't get this tune out of my head :'(

I'm still working my way thru your CJ but I like the airport in the latest update, nice work. :) If anything, perhaps at least one of the runways could be a tad longer to handle the heavy jets a bit more effectively. I'm sure the people in the green towers pretty much ruin ther pants whenever they see something taking off towards them /wrrd%&

Looking good and will be watching for updates.

Cheers

Dave

glepet

Good lookin' stuff, there, Pat. Yeah, that would be a heck of a drop over that tower for any plane coming in. But, otherwise, it's a great start!