• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No residents move in after downloading lex, bsc, and nam plugins

Started by aaron_boykin, April 28, 2009, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron_boykin

First off, i want to thank everyone who is apart of this innovative site for creating plugins to make sim city even more fun. However, i've run into a problem. Residents stopped moving into my city. the line graph in the RCI demand model shows R$, R$$, and R$$$ at -3000. No one would move into the city. i even tried to make the tax at 0%. The commercial and industrial sectors are very busy but i have no people. Please aid and assist

BarbyW

We need more information from you as to what you have downloaded.
Are you using a Block Maxis mod? If so do you have any residential custom lots that will replace them?
Have you installed CAM? If so is this a new region or an old one?

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Dintix

I have the same problem.
Old region, new city.

I had CAM at first, but then deleted this one.
Did not help though.

I downloaded a few residential custom lots.

Gaston

Quote from: BarbyW on April 29, 2009, 12:48:57 AM
We need more information from you as to what you have downloaded.
Are you using a Block Maxis mod? If so do you have any residential custom lots that will replace them?
Have you installed CAM? If so is this a new region or an old one?

Like Barby says we need more information to help.   I have found that there is no problem the folks here cannot fix if you can give them some information to work with.     Perhaps a good start is to take a screen shot of your plugins file and post it here.    After that my guess would be, someone will ask you a bunch of questions about your settings.    You'll be amazed how fast these fantastic people will solve your problem.   I know they have solved everything I have every thrown at them.   And I have throw quite a few.
&ops

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Dintix

BarbyW

You said this was a new city in an old region. Had you played with CAM in place in this region? If so have you removed it?

Dintix

Hello,

I have a few cities in this region. 'Timbuktu'.
But I started this one using CAM. But because of this 'no demand', I saved and shut down the game.
Deleted CAM and restarted my saved file. Yet, the demands were lower but still in 'no demand'

To elaborate:
Started with cam:
R = - 12 000
C = + 24 000
I = + 12 000

Without cam:
- see screenshot -

BarbyW

It is always best to start with CAM in a brand new region as recommended in the User Guide. By using it in an existing region it is likely to cause exactly the problems you are experiencing. I recommend you read the CAM - Welcome and Manual download  thread and also the manual as there are also many inCAMpatible mods that you may have in plugins.

Dintix

But when I deleted it, the problems should've dissapeared, no?

BarbyW

No, as information will have been saved in the savegame files. Ripplejet will be along later and may be more able to help than me.

Dintix

RippleJet

How big is this region, and do you experience the same in all cities in your region?
Is there any chance you're having eternal commuters (see the CAM manual for an explanation)?

A snapshot of your region might help, as would a snapshot of the Census Repository's query in the affected city/cities.