• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on June 11, 2010, 11:48:22 AM
I do have one thing i would like to ask tho.  why can i not get the roads to have passing zones.. all i ever get is sollid yellow lines..

That's because that's how the default road texture set is set up.  If you're looking for dashed lines, try the NAM Rural Roads Plugin.  It includes a series of cosmetic Road puzzle pieces with dashed lines, which will give you the option of selecting your striping patterns.

-Alex

CaptCity

Another quirky NAM bug... Has anyone seen this...

A member posted this at ST (Link)

As I posted there, I've played around with it, and it does seem to be something with the newest NAM since it does not do it with the 09 version. Also, it seems to happen with the full interchange as well, and it appears to be the case whenever the tollbooth is within 4 or 5 tiles from the interchanges on any side. Thought maybe it had something to do with the automatic ramps...

Edit: Checked it again and it does the same with earlier versions of NAM. Guess I didn't use the exact situation the first time...

Tarkus

Just checked it out and confirmed on my end . . . curiously, it doesn't happen with the Elevated Highway forming a T-Interchange with a Ground Highway, though. 

From the records in the RUL entries, it appears those particular pieces have either never been touched or given a cursory glance back in 2004, so like the ferry issue, it's likely something weird and seemingly inexplicable.  I really don't have an explanation yet, though I'll look into it.

I'll also add that the TEing mechanisms on the Toll Booths is extremely strange, as there appears to be some sort of .exe trigger somewhere that's allowing what is effectively being handled as one lot to be placed on multiple networks.

-Alex

io_bg

I think it's not because of the toll booth. I've experienced a similar problem before and I think it occurs with all transit-enabled lots. When a road is dragged next to the transit-enabled lot, the game asks you whether to build an interchange (usually one-sided NAM one) and this causes the game to crash (because the interchange will have to be built over the transit enabled piece). I also found a work-around for that.

The blue square is where the transit-enabled piece is. To avoid the crash, simply plop a road/street tile (or a park/landmark) on the red squares. This way the game won't attempt to place an interchange. Drag the road at least 5-6 tiles away from the highway and then you can bulldoze the single road tiles. But if you redraw the road close enough to the highway, the game will crash again, so be careful. I hope my explanation was clear enough $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

CaptCity

Yes, tried this simple setup...

...and no crash occurred - thanks for the work-around.

Curious, though, I tried the game without NAM, and it drew the road just fine - no crash - without the work-around..

io_bg

If you try to do the same with the NAM (and after you've bulldozed the single road tiles), the game will probably crash ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ebina

Quote from: relics8801 on June 08, 2010, 11:43:58 PM
A report from MAC user again here. "$Deal"$
I have seen some report about that in our forum, They said that....
"Passenger-Train and GLR-Train are not pass through in left side with Left-Hand-Version of the latest NAM"
Only "CAR" is passed in left-side correctly. ;D

このMac版のプレイヤーは橋梁コントローラーが原因でフリーズすると仰っていた方と同じ方でしょうか?橋梁コントローラーがインストールされていないと、「ネットワーク・ピースのIDがコードと一致したら左側通行Pathを使用する」命令が発効されず、右側通行Pathが使用されます。また、鉄道タイプのPathは自動車と異なり自動反転が行われないので、鉄道は右側通行になります。プラグインなしでゲームを起動したときと同じです。

Is that Mac player the same person as the person who have problem with the NAM Bridge Controller? If the bridge controller is not installed LHD paths will not be activated, because the bridge controller issues commands to use LHDified path files (IIDs are different from RHD paths) in LHD game if IID of network pieces matched the codes. Why trains are on the right side of railways is because RHD paths are being used. And different from cars the game doesn't reverse train type paths automatically. The same can be seen when you run the game with no plugins.

relics8801

QuoteIs that Mac player the same person as the person who have problem with the NAM Bridge Controller?

Yes, One person is a same MAC user whom playing without a Bridge_Contoroller_File.
But I dont know well a stats about other on.
OK, I understand that thanks to Ebina-san. ;)

ebinaさんこんばんは。返信ありがとうございます。
一人は確かにブリッジコントローラーファイル無しで遊ばれているマックユーザーの方でした。
もう一人のマックユーザーの方は匿名掲示板でちらっと見た情報だったので、そのファイルの有無は確認できませんでした。
わざわざの回答をありがとうございます。質問のあったwikiの掲示板の方でこの事を報告させて貰います。 ;)

Thank you
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

CaptCity

Quote from: io_bg on June 12, 2010, 03:21:04 AM
If you try to do the same with the NAM (and after you've bulldozed the single road tiles), the game will probably crash ;)

No, I didn't seem to have a problem with that. Just had to be sure the road was dragged away from the highway a bit (as you mentioned) so it wouldn't try building the ramps when extending it.

Tarkus

Quote from: CaptCity on June 12, 2010, 09:59:28 AM
No, I didn't seem to have a problem with that. Just had to be sure the road was dragged away from the highway a bit (as you mentioned) so it wouldn't try building the ramps when extending it.

It's looking like it's somehow AutoPlace-related, whatever it is.  I'm going to try to isolate what's preventing the Elevated-into-Ground T from crashing if possible.  I think the key is there.

-Alex

Moonraker0

Back again with the same problems...one of which was never answered (how to place el-rail over pedmall and connect it to draggable el-rail).  I used the 10m high ground lifters to create a hill for the street to FLUP onslope tunnel piece, but the same problem occurred.

CaptCity

Quote from: Moonraker0 on June 12, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
...one of which was never answered (how to place el-rail over pedmall and connect it to draggable el-rail).

Just place an el-rail-over-pedmall piece over the end of the el-rail tracks.

...I used the 10m high ground lifters to create a hill for the street to FLUP onslope tunnel piece, but the same problem occurred.

I had the same issue and discovered it was the terrain mod I was using. If you use one, you might try removing it from the plugins and build the tunnel entrances. After that, you can put the terrain mod back in.

ebina

I used the 10m high ground lifters to create a hill for the street to FLUP onslope tunnel piece, but the same problem occurred.

Maybe we should consider editing the NAM controller. Generating crossing or T-intersection like T-OnSlope pieces for roadway viaducts makes always terrain next to the portal flat no matter what slope mod you use.
But I don't think that this method is acceptable to everyone. With that setup you always need to drag street and bulldoze unnecessary parts.

PlyrStar93

when I set up an in-game car/passenger ferry with the direction of east on land(the west is water), CTD will be caused.

However, building at other three directions will be OK. &mmm

Having found this issue today, I removed all NAM components today, and then returned to the game.
From all 4 directions can build the ferry.

Then take latest NAM and run the game, the problem re-exists. &cry2

Hence I wonder if NAM causes the problem. ()what()

=============================================================
this picture shows the problem direction
(taken when NAM's removed)

Tarkus

Quote from: PlyrStar93 on June 12, 2010, 07:34:27 PM
when I set up an in-game car/passenger ferry with the direction of east on land(the west is water), CTD will be caused.

Known issue, and we've already figured out how to solve it.  There will be an update before long.

-Alex

Moonraker0

Quote from: CaptCity on June 12, 2010, 05:06:04 PM
Just place an el-rail-over-pedmall piece over the end of the el-rail tracks.
Thanks, I will try that.  Finally I will be able to fill in areas with pavement.

hazsmix

hey
ive noticed this problem in a few of my cities. when i create a one-way roundabout, no cars, buses etc can use it (ie traffic). the only traffic on it is pedestrians. some automata can get onto it, however most just disappear when they hit it. ive tried udi-ng it as well, it just exits udi. i have lhd installation, and have nam installed correctly (i think). any ideas why this is? i have tried rebuilding it, even in a different location. everyone avoids it except pedestrians.
thanks guys

jdenm8

@ hazsmix,
Are you routing the OWR roundabouts the right way? They are direction-sensitive.
For LHD, you have to draw clockwise
for RHD, you draw anti-clockwise.
They will override both ways, but only the correct direction will actually work.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

hazsmix