• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

An issue I managed to solve:

The SAM is installed to z_Street Addon Mod, but the retextures recently released are installed to the Network Addon Mod folder. This means that without moving the retexture files, the default SAM asphalt street textures are used.

ScottFTL

Quote from: Tracker on February 08, 2011, 07:15:36 PM
The SAM is installed to z_Street Addon Mod, but the retextures recently released are installed to the Network Addon Mod folder. This means that without moving the retexture files, the default SAM asphalt street textures are used.

I think you must have changed the location for the SAM at some point.  I just tested the installer and \Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Street Addon Mod is the default directory.  The Retexture & Cosmetic Mod installs to \Network Addon Mod\zzz-NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mod, so it does properly override the SAM.

Tarkus

Quote from: Cali on February 08, 2011, 12:14:27 AM
I found an error in RHW that i was told to post for you guys. i posted it in game oddities on pg 40. The infamous sinkhole. Now i know it would make world travel alot easier, i just don't think this was supposed to happen.

Now that is an odd one.  I've seen sinkholes on various transition ramps (the old Road Ground-to-Elevated ramp used to suffer horribly from it back in the days of NAM Version 19), and I've seen them on wide-radius curves, but I've never seen them on an overpass puzzle piece that contains a network intersection.  It looks like I'll have to adjust the ConsLayout section of the RUL entry on that one.

-Alex

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

ilgaar

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but the link says NAM Issue thread, so I guess it should be the right place. anyway, first of all thanks to the NAM team for a great work. If there was no NAM I wouldn't know what to do. but I have a small problem, all the puzzle rail switches that have directional arrows are only showing one arrow, in train driving mod, and it doesn't matter if you switch the directions or not the arrow remains unchanged, so I always have to guess the direction when driving train. but the switches that are made normally with maxis rails show correctly the tow red and green arrow. how do I fix this problem, because it is really getting annoying, specially now that my railway network has grown very large, and without these arrows showing it becomes really confusing to choose a direction.
thanks in advance.

NAM Switch:

Maxis Switch:

jdenm8

It's all to do with the exit side for the path. The Maxis junctions have 45* corners, so they always have arrows like that.

The NAM junctions however frequently exit on the same side, with a more gradual curve.
It's more of a game limitation.

When the game loads, it usually sets the switches to straight if that helps.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

izot

I have some conflict with HRS and NAM.
HRS is Highway ReStylingmod turning concrete to asphalt surface.

This conflict is show on picture below:

Now in SC4 World working asphalt surface does not exist. Generally is problem with elevated highway textures.

I know that is RHW but it view poorly in densisty cities.

kassarc16

Quote from: izot on February 10, 2011, 12:24:51 PM
I have some conflict with HRS and NAM.
HRS is Highway ReStylingmod turning concrete to asphalt surface.

The only conflict would be that the HRS mod doesn't have those pieces included, I believe. The mod would have to be updated to fix that.

Ciuu96

Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Une_ame

Quoteit usually sets the switches to straight if that helps..

Problem is that it's not always true  &Thk/(. As a result, I do think the switch stays in the direction of the previous regular (not UDI) train. Problem is which way the previous train went ? ???

I've got a pretty big railway system with connections everywhere and it's nearly impossible to decide where my engine will go.  :-[
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

jdenm8

I don't think the perpendicular piece is the first in that rotation loop... Look for the Diagonal under Straight Rail piece, and it's probably in that loop.

turtle

I think the undeground turn under rail is the first in the loop. Find that and rotate it untill the straight route appears  :thumbsup:
My name is Thomas...

eugenelavery

I am having problems with the Maxis Car Ferry Terminal.  Everytime I try to plop it the game instantly crashes (the passenger ferry terminal does not cause crashes).  I removed the NAM from my plugins folder and the game no longer crashed so it is seemingly a NAM issue.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Any solutions?

jdenm8

Yes, it is to do with FAR auto-placement. The Maxis Ferry Terminal uses the same road layout as does Auto placement, so the game tries plopping the puzzle piece over the LOT, resulting an exception and CTD.

I'm sure this was fixed in the August NAM with FAR auto placement being changed?

Blue Lightning

Update your NAM to v29. The previous version had that glitch and has been fixed in v29.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

eugenelavery

Thanks for the help.  I now have NAM 29 and the problem no longer exists.

eugenelavery

Having solved the ferry terminal issue a new problem has arisen.  I have now lost my turning lanes for avenue intersections etc,.  I have tried reinstalling NAM 29 making sure that all the turning lane boxes are checked in the installation.  Even when I attempt to build turning lanes using the plugin they are not visible.  The only turning lanes I now have are ones that I had built before I installed NAM 29.

Tarkus

It's possible you might have a duplicate copy of NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat in your Plugins loading after your Avenue Turning Lanes file.  Both files include a copy of RUL 0x0000000E, and the one in the Avenue Turning Lanes Plugin is supposed to override the more basic one in the IndividualNetworkRULs file. 

The Avenue Turning Lanes Plugin is also set up to install by default in the NAM installer.

-Alex