• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Guys I've downloaded again the official patch from EA (that anyway was already there) and installed it again...but the NAM installer keeps on saying i haven't got the latest patch installed...so i'm not able to install it :( Any tips or things i might try to do?

z

Gugu3

I have to check...i'll do that tonight...but i have already the patch installed as well as all of the updates in order to have the correct nightlights,ecc...i've never had this kind of problem before honestly...especially after reinstalling the patch i don't get why it keeps on complaining

jmdude1

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 08, 2013, 11:15:12 PM
Quote from: jmdude1 on June 08, 2013, 10:50:44 PM
yeh.... this was a problem for me too. when I moved countries I brought my disks, but my cd cases with the keys are in storage. so when I got my new computer I just copied all my game files. therefore I was unable to install anything for the new NAM.  unfortunately, this meant I had to buy a new game to use the new NAM. fortunately, it was easy enough (in my situation) to get it from steam.

just curious, what changed in the NAM update to make these patches a requirement?

They've always been required to use any custom content properly, this is just the first time the NAM has checked for the right version.

is it for night lights or something else? until now, ive been playing my transferred game for almost a year without any problems that i know of.  i don't use the day/night cycle often so i might not have even noticed that. i wonder what ive been missing all this time.

z

Quote from: jmdude1 on June 10, 2013, 06:05:35 AM
is it for night lights or something else? until now, ive been playing my transferred game for almost a year without any problems that i know of.  i don't use the day/night cycle often so i might not have even noticed that. i wonder what ive been missing all this time.

The EP1 patch (which is the only one that is required by the NAM installer) consists of bug fixes only.  It was released by Maxis nine years ago.  Various parts of the game, including parts of the NAM, will not work properly without it.  If you go to the download page for the patch, you will find a complete list of issues that it addresses.

dragonshardz

The paths on the OWR-2 45 degree smooth curves running from east to west are reversed at the orthogonal ends.

Tarkus

You have to be careful watching the arrows on the preview models.  That particular situation indicates a version with the wrong OneWayDir got placed.

It's worth noting that those particular OWR curves are buildable using the DragFAR method, which will also get you wealthification.

-Alex

dragonshardz

Quote from: Tarkus on June 13, 2013, 08:46:21 PM
You have to be careful watching the arrows on the preview models.  That particular situation indicates a version with the wrong OneWayDir got placed.

It's worth noting that those particular OWR curves are buildable using the DragFAR method, which will also get you wealthification.

-Alex

I placed it with the preview arrows pointing from the OWR couplet to the avenue.

jcluvzgamez

Alright guys, long time no see! Been into other games lately, but I decided I want to get back into SimCity 4. So I have all my plugins back, other than the NAM. But I ran into an issue trying to install 31.2. The installer tells me that I have to patch SimCity 4. I tried to patch it, but it patches everything but the executable. How do I get it to patch the executable? Thanks so much!
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

z

Generally, the only reason it won't patch the executable is if the executable is not a legal version of SC4.

If the executable is legitimate, then you'll need to reinstall the game from your CD, and then the patch will work.

busterdan

I had a little hiatus from SC4 but I've been getting back into it now. I downloaded the latest NAM, 31.2, but I have no Project Symphony override. I thought I could fix this by first installing 31.0 then 31.1 and 31.2 but I have been unsuccessful in finding 31.0 download.
Is there anyway for me to get the project symphony override?

Swordmaster

You need to select the Maxis Highway Override during install.

You only need to install 31.2. Previous versions are not supported anymore.

Cheers
Willy

Tarkus

31.2 is the full package.  That'll continue to be the case going forward. 

And if you can't find earlier versions, then we've done our job.

-Alex

freshballin365

Maybe I didn't read earlier posts carefully, but has a fix been released for the following texture issue? I know others have brought this problem up already. Thanks for all your work NAM Team!

Tarkus

I believe Maarten fixed that one awhile ago, at least on our end.  He might have posted an attachment, but it was probably about 4 weeks ago.

-Alex

fefenc

The "GLR tram in avenue to subway" is Crashing the game when it's linked with some GLR puzzle pieces, I tried to use the draggable GLR, it's working, but after when I plop a GLR puzzle piece for + intersection, it causes a CTD.

samerton

Quote from: fefenc on July 03, 2013, 10:58:45 AM
The "GLR tram in avenue to subway" is Crashing the game when it's linked with some GLR puzzle pieces, I tried to use the draggable GLR, it's working, but after when I plop a GLR puzzle piece for + intersection, it causes a CTD.

The same is happening on my end, I can confirm this issue.

z

Quote from: fefenc on July 03, 2013, 10:58:45 AM

Could you please post a picture of your setup, indicating where the puzzle piece causes a CTD?  Also does this happen when you don't use draggable GLR - when you use strictly puzzle pieces?

Sam, could you please do the same for your setup?

samerton

Here's where hovering a straight GLR-In-Avenue piece crashes the game:

*I know you wouldn't place a GLR-In-Avenue piece above the transition anyway, but it does crash the game if hovered there*

z

Quote from: samerton on July 03, 2013, 03:13:30 PM
Here's where hovering a straight GLR-In-Avenue piece crashes the game:

I see the bug, and I have a tentative fix.  We're going to have to test it out, though.  In the mean time, if you plop your puzzle pieces first, there's no problem.