• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Welcome back, David. It's great to see a post from you at last. I have thought of you often in the past few days and hoped that whatever has kept you away isn't too serious.

You have brought wonderful news about Adobe's release of older software. I used CS2 for years before my daughter and I bought CS5 at a deep student discount – it cost us less than $300 each. CS2 is still a powerful tool, and would be adequate for most player's needs, though. For that reason, I would urge everyone to seize the opportunity and grab this software before somebody changes their mind. ;)

jdenm8

Nah, from what I've read Adobe has specifically said that it's not freeware, just for existing owners of CS2 who can't activate their retail copies any more.
The horse has bolted though and it'd do wonders for their image to release it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

vester

Good to see you around David.
Hope you gets better quickly.

Where did you read that the CS2 software ?
Cann't see any conditions for the installation and use of it. 

jdenm8

The conditions were where the link was originally posted and was re-stated on the Twitter account as far as I'm aware. Bit of a shame really.

j-dub

They still did not post the terms of use conditions on the original page, where as, one will find the product page from google's search query, and not see their tweet entirely, and have no knowledge, getting the software from the original source it came from.

jdenm8

Hence, "the horse has bolted".

dedgren

Happy 10th Anniversary, Sim City 4!!

I'm still working on some stuff that I planned to roll out here today in honor of the date.  Sticking to a long-time 3RR tradition, though, nothing here that isn't ready for prime time.

Back soon.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

Although the day has come and gone, I again want to wish a Happy Anniversary to SC4.  There's never been any other game quite like it.  What is the best way to celebrate?  For me, it's playing the game and visiting SC4D, including 3RR.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

"Simcity has truly connected cities within larger regions for the first time."

Yeah, with what?  Magical flying invisible unicorns?  I don't see any connecting roads or rail lines.  The cities in this regional view look like they were randomly excreted fully developed onto the landscape.

Feeling cranky today, sorry.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

vortext

Quote from: dedgren on January 15, 2013, 03:30:00 PM
Yeah, with what?  Magical flying invisible unicorns?  I don't see any connecting roads or rail lines. 

Look harder, there're these pre-established railines and highways which run through limbo and can connect up to to 16 2x2km cities! You know, just like in reallife.  :thumbsdown:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Psst. There are underground routes that were made for soldiers, but now open to the sims. :D $%Grinno$%

Hope you feel better tomorrow! ;D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

Quoterandomly excreted

Pretty much says it all from the look of it. Also your choice of words made my day  :D

I guess if they go to such grossly distorted non-truths (cities truly connected for the first time within larger regions) we shouldn't have to feel guilty about mocking this thing? And population affected by factors such as wealth, taxes, populations, and more? What software demigod wouldn't have thought of that 24 years ago?   ?=mad)=

Somehow I feel a lot better after that. Hope you do too buddy   ::)

metarvo

:shocked2:

This is such a strange thing for them to say IMHO.  So, I guess there's no Regions folder in Documents?  We've been living a lie this whole time if we haven't really been building in regions.  ::)  (What is the third word in the name of this very thread?)  I guess there are no neighbor connections in SC4 either by that logic, nor are there neighbor deals.  I'm telling you, I've never seen anything like this before.  At least when Societies came out, it was merely treated as a new game.  There was no complete denial of SimCity's past like we're seeing now.  I don't blame at all you for feeling cranky after reading that, David, but I do hope you get to feeling better.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

No no, you are all wrong!

EA has found a way to avoid quantumphysics and the laws of thermodynamics. White holes connect these cities, so that instant transport by matter transmision between cities is possible. No traffic jams in the intercontinuum. Also they have found a way to let the inhabitants live without food. So all space in between is untouched natural terrain, only accessible for swimmers and mountainbikers. Farmland is obsolete.

No, you understimate these people really. The ideal world is at hand and you mock about highways!

girlfromverona

Hello there! Long time, no see, David. Hope you are well! :)

I completely agree about the region view in the new SimCity. It looks abysmal and so, so fake! I can only hope that they'll add farmland, etc, at a later date, although I don't know why it's not there from the start. Of course, even then it will have nothing on what the SC4 modding community has been coming up with for the past few years. Sigh. I guess I shouldn't judge till I've played it - who knows, the new game play might be enough to make me forget about what it looks like for a while. ;)

APSMS

I was wondering, about TTR, how do we determine which direction trains travel on the middle rail line?

Are there paths for both directions, and what about train collisions? (figured I'd ask it all now before I forget)

Anyways, looks great. Looking forward to using the new NAM 31 (which comes out today!) and TTR once it's ready (and once I get my computer working again). Hope things are going well otherwise. Also, I'd always wanted to find a way to practically remake this: A DTR and STR together are too widely spaced to make this quite how I'd like it. TTR will solve that now :) .

The location (or inspiration, rather) is more recognizable with [this image]

Quote from: dedgren on January 15, 2013, 03:30:00 PM
Yeah, with what?  Magical flying invisible unicorns?  I don't see any connecting roads or rail lines.  The cities in this regional view look like they were randomly excreted fully developed onto the landscape.

I agree. They could have made the cities closer together to give us some semblance of realism ??? . Who cares if the simulation engine is fully upgraded if the city looks awful. I mean, half of the joy in SC4 is watching the city come to life as though it were a real development. That kind of space around cities isn't real, especially in California (where I hail from). You'd think that at least they'd be able to mimic their primary source of art inspiration/direction %confuso . I'm sure the game will be fun, but if I were to buy it, it definitely wouldn't be for it's city simulation abilities.

Yay! I'm a 3RR regular now. That was easy.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

rooker1

Happy birthday indeed!!  It's good to see you around here too.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

A very happy birthday to 3RR  &dance :party: /&HiPP/%

Great to hear from you here David!!!

Swordmaster

What, again? It's hard to believe last year went as fast as it did. Best wishes to 3RR and to you David!

Cheers
Willy