• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

emgmod

I had an idea a while ago that I posted in Dan's Place. It might have never been made if I didn't accidentally clear 1/3 of my Plugins folder. Because this would be impossible to fix, I cleared the plugins folder and all the cities I had. Then I remembered this old idea. I made U-Build-It.

Rules:
-YOU have to suggest Plugins. No more than 4 per post.
  -Don't say everything made by x or anything you made.
  -Switching between US and Euro textures is fine. Just ask and I will set up a poll to change it.
  -Suggesting Packs like RMIP are fine.
  -If you are not specific enough, I'm going to select things within that general category.
-The general layout of transportation is in your control. You can vote and state arguments for/against things.

adroman

Sorry, but I really don't see how this is going to work...

I read and re-read your post and I'm still confused... if you don't know what the map looks like, how are we going to?

I don't know what to make of this  ???
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

emgmod

Sorry if it's confusing. I was kind of jotting notes down here. I'm going to reorganize it now.

Edit: Should be easier to understand now.

sumwonyuno

I understand what you're trying to do. :thumbsup: I'll leave it up to others to do the plugins picking for you.  (That does sound unfortunate about losing all that content.)

I'll be definitely suggesting things for the transportation and the zoning for whatever map you choose.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

sumwonyuno

Hmm, no one yet has suggested plugins or a map.  I'll suggest a river valley map with high mountains on each side (I don't have an example).  As for plugins, the Street Addon Mod and some sort of terrain texture mod to go with the river valley map.

dragonshardz

How about Invermere Valley? Good set of REALLY high mountains, rivers (ploppable and default water), plenty of room for large and small cities.

WC_EEND

I see where you want to go, but it would be hard to realise in my opinion
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

sumwonyunoStreet Addon Mod, CPT OlympicTerrain Mod1
dragonshardzJRJ Transparent Plopable Water
MeNHP Ennedi Slope Mod, CPT No7a Olympic Coast Tree Controller, miscellaneous important plugins.

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  Great. Find me a better rail station than the Maxis one.
dragonshardz:  Thank you for the map. I don't know why I overlooked it earlier.
WC_EEND :  We will see if it works in the next few updates.

Update 1: The small town of Invernessen
The only two paths through the Invernessec Valley are Route 27, and the Invernessec Valley Railroad parallel to it.

As the two paths continue, they meet up with the only town in the valley, Invernessen. I need some custom buildings for this town.

This is the Invernessen railroad station. The horribleness of this station is the reason why nobody moved to Invernessen yet.

Across the map edge from Invernessen is the rest of the town. Nothing amazing here.

***I need from you today...***
-A name for the town and valley
-A water mod
-Farms
-Houses
-Small stores
-A better passenger+freight station.

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

sumwonyuno

One of the things that struck me in your pictures was the (plopped?) water.  It's quite sparkly, so I suggest Sparkling Valley for the town name (as well as the valley).  :P

As for the rail stations, I've only used the Marrast (orthogonal and diagonal) passenger rail stations (the ones with the green roof).  They're not flashy, but they're definitely not Maxis.  As for freight, I don't often use it; I just run the rail line through the industrial/agriculture area or use a road.  I've skimmed the LEX and found this:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1838
It looks nice, I think I'll use it too when I try to remake the old Oahu Railway & Land Company rails for my region.

Luke09

For the passenger station,i suggest Wye Station,that you can found in STEX.I think its from il tonkson.its a beauty one.
In LEX you can found lots of small stores and farms.Sorry about for no links,but im a little busy today,your md is looking good,and can turn in a great project  :thumbsup:.
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

dragonshardz

I have a name for the valley. Invernessec Valley, and the town can be called Invernessen

kbieniu7

Twon nac be called Wełecz  :D But i don't hope you'll choose it :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

KoV Liberty

Interesting idea...

Water: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2042 Specifiacally, the water mod 500.dat.

And for buildings, may I suggest any ones by Mattb325? They are quite good and fit well in a rural community.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

emgmod

***Replies***

WC_EEND:  I find that mod a standard water mod. I'm probably going to use Driftmaster07's suggestion.
sumwonyuno:  The sparkly water is Maxis Game water. I also can use that pack in the future.
Luke09:  I like that station, but I need a passenger/freight station. I'll keep it for later.
dragonshardz:  Guess what the new town name is.
kbieniu7:  That would be a great idea for a second town name.
Driftmaster07:  Got it. Download the whole Mattb325 cottage collection.

***Look at my Plugins!***
Since this whole MD revolves around Plugins, I'm going to use WinDirStat to show you my plugins folder for teasers. Best teaser ever.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5640/windirstat1.png
While this looks like a mess, some MSPaint color coding reveals a lot...
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9558/windirstat1e.png

That's all for now!
Don't start a debate!

sumwonyuno

I was going to say you need to fix that poll, but then I saw your edited first post.  I never made a poll, so I can't help there.  As for the plugins folder, heh, dependencies are in the majority!

KoV Liberty

Rock on dependancies! Lol. Those seem to be the biggest majority in my plugins too.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

I like this idea, I think you should use JBès smalltown buildings + spa has some great buildings too! For residential C.P. and Mattb should do the trick + SG appartments and townhomes mixed with some JBsimion coach homes and appartments.

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

sumwonyunoRural Rail Station Pack
Luke09NDEX ITS Wye Station, Various farms 1 2 3 4
Driftmaster07Mas71 Water MODs (500), The ENTIRE Mattb325 cottage collection.
dutchneworleanian: PEG MTP LTUSA Container Generator, most of madhatter106's stuff.

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  I'm thinking of other ways to use WinDirStat to show U-Build-It
Driftmaster07 :  They should be the majority unless there are purists that don't download dependencies.
danielcote:  The Smalltown USA series is perfect, but I updated before downloading your plugins.

Update 2: Time to finally start...
We have a Region View that shows growth!

East Invernessen finally has farms and houses. There are also a few shops.

West Invernessen is more rural, but still shows growth.

The centerpiece of this growth is the redesigned rail station that looks not ugly.

***I need from you today...***
-A town hall
-Still more rural Plugins
-Eye Candy
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?

sumwonyuno

The region view looks nice!   :thumbsup:  Though, it seems there might be something missing, as seen on the foundation texture on that rural rail lot.  I'd take a street, and call it Sum Street.   :P