• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferndale: A Real Life Recreation

Started by Jayster, August 07, 2010, 10:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Great work with your W2W areas as always! The skyscrapers in the CBD look great as well and the night shots are particularly eye-catching!

Nego

Nice night shots! &apls And no need to apologize. We all get busy with RL or other modding projects from time to time. As long as there is some sort of activity, we'll keep coming back. :D Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbsup:

nbvc

bat

Great images of your city!
The night shots are really good, too! :thumbsup:

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

cubby420

Cool update. Very blocky  ::) Awesome CBD too!

Battlecat

Great job on that urban core!  Looks great!

Jayster

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I'm still here and I've started doing other things besides SimCity. Here's an example of what I've been up too.

Jayster

cubby420

Cool update Jayster! It's good to see your other talents showcased.  :thumbsup:  The graphics look quite nice. Keep us updated.

Jayster

Hey guys,

I was going to get an update out today but I guess I'm not because SC4 is being extremely difficult right now. It keeps quitting on me every 20 mins and this third time, it quit while I was saving and before it was able to actually save. Sorry for not having anything to present tonight...

Jayster

noahclem

I know that feeling! It used to happen to me all the time with my laptop overheating (the cure involved frozen rocks of all things). Good luck getting your game working right and I look forward to the next update.

Jayster

Hey guys, long time no post. I have something for you...

Update... THIS week! Enjoy, and COMMENT!

Jayster

Nego

Awesome pic, Jayster! &apls I like the use of Tram-in-Avenue. It looks really nice. :thumbsup: Can't wait for the update! ;)

Tomas Neto

Hi Jayster, really a nice city!!!   :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

I like the use of sunken GLR, it looks great ;D

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

ricardomiranda

supremec

:o, I can't wait for the next update because it's fabulous  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

Nice teaser.
I'm eager to see more of your work.

-Ernst

Jayster

Hey guys,

I've been contemplating the idea of closing my MD. I've become bored of it unfortunately. I have come up with a new idea for an MD which I would like to carry out in my current one.

This project will be the recreation of the current city I live in. It's going to be a very big task that includes:

1. Creating the map. The map itself won't be too big because the city is only 6.3 sq. miles.
2. Creating the many unique buildings found in the city. Lotting them too.
3. Keeping stuck to this project.  ::)

I'll try to post updates every weekend or when I have time. Updates will most likely include pictures of the real city, buildings I'm creating, and pictures of the area I'm working on in my Simcity city.

I hope you guys will continue to visit my MD after I begin this new project. I will post pictures of Tepoto sometimes as well.

Jayster

Nego

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm glad you're not ending your MD, just changing topics. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. And if you have any questions, I'm here to help so just ask. ;) Can't wait for your next update!