• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

ecoba

This is quite an interesting project, and a good way, IMO, to rebuild your plugins folder.

I agree with Daniel, download c.p.'s 19th Century Homes (All three sets!), and of Course, Jon (JBSimio)'s Smalltown USA series, as well as his school packs, and (when desired), his University Starter Pack. Of course, download Matt (Mattb325)'s homes, and I would suggest the RLS Homes, and some homes by Jen (Jen_p), I use these, but, I'm not sure if they're the style you're looking for here.

For some more commercial ideas, how about spa's work? They've created some very excellent small commercial buildings and I am very happy when they pop up in my cities.

If you're like me and sometimes get impatient with zoning, why not plop? SimGoober has released all of his commercial buildings in a plop pack, (under Landmarks on the LEX.  :thumbsup: )

Are you using the Invermere Valley map? If so, I would maybe suggest using the Euro Road Textures Mod (be sure to get the update!) by SFBT, on the LEX.

These are of course, just seggestions, and you do not under any circumstances have to download any certain one of these modds.

Remember Dependecies!

Ethan

Welcome to Page 2!

Luke09

For eye candy i suggest RRP fences,that you can find in 3RR thread.I also suggest the culverts,laso in 3RR.And circular fields(these are farms, ;))that are in 3RR thread too.I liked how those stations have fit in.For mayor hall,have a look in Simpeg,you can found some interesting rural stuff there...
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

kbieniu7

City Hall - maybe it?
http://simcitypolska.pl/download.php?view.372
Or it could be to big, if you want to build very small town, instead of small town  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

emgmod

***Replies***
sumwonyuno: That part of the lot has no base texture, and saving causes that to happen on those lots. I think I know the perfect road to be called Sum Street.

ecoba: I'm not really going after a style right now, except that I'm not going to redo all of Route 27 into Euro textures. I already used the Rural Roads Plugin, and I don't want to demolish all of that. I also need some ploppable commercials for that one zone tile that won't grow into a shop.

Luke09: That rail station is probably the best fit for the area. I haven't downloaded anything from the MTP, but I'll see some of it when I get back from California.

kbieniu7: I personally don't like the wall textures on that. I'm thinking about how that bright clean texture would look next to the rail station.

I'm on vacation until November 11, so don't expect an update until about the 14th.
Edit: I got the poll to work. Please vote.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

ecoba

Oh, well I expect the MTP will really help.

With the Euro Textures it all automatically changes, but you don't have to do it. I would take a look at Battlecat's Adara. His MD is in a similar situation to yours...

Ethan

kbieniu7

I voted for Euro, because of I just like them :P But it will look fine also with US textures.

Maybe you will be interested with those rural buildings? http://simcitypolska.pl/download.php?view.210

And I have an idea to the road system. You could make a partition, something like that:
RHW - main highways (if you will make them)
Roads/avenues - primary roads (connecting relative bigger towns, and creating ways trough the region.)
SAM gravel streets - secondary roads (to smaller towns, with bigger density )
and for roads to farms and fields you could use SAM dirt streets?  ;)

emgmod

***Plugins I got***

danielcoteSmalltownUSA - Collector's Edition, CP 19th Century Houses 1 2 3
ecoba(Ethan):  I'm currently working on downloading his list of Plugins.
Luke09 :  RRP Fences(DL both ones) 1 2, 3RR Center pivot irrigation fields
Me: PEG Eternal Rewards, SFBT Construction Site Set by deejay

***Replies***
Driftmaster07: Thanks, the vacation was nice.
ecoba: I set up a poll to see what kind of textures people want. I voted in it too. Also, Adara is a helpful MD.
kbieniu7: I want to download that, but I need to learn a bit more Polish first. I'll also try adding RHW and using your road system in the next update.

Update 2.5: WinDirStat Round 2
I'm going to give you a bit more information for this WinDirStat teaser.

First, here's the main image and a table to help you understand it.

Next, I have a simple representation of what I recently downloaded.

Finally, here is the overwhelming proof that dependencies are out to kill us.

The poll of what road textures I will use will end at Update 4.

sumwonyuno

The plugin folder is getting pretty interesting.   ;)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

kbieniu7

Emgmod, download button is the icon with blue arrow. Most of plugins at Simcitypolska have no dependencies and this one hasn't, either ("brak dependencies").

danielcote

You should get some spa buildings too. Boy this is a long hefty process.

emgmod

***Replies***

sumwonyuno:  Wait for Datpacked Plugins, Detailed dependency sizes, and Plugins compared to vanilla SimCity.
kbieniu7  :  Can you help me translate the registration screen? That's the only thing I have a problem with.
danielcote:  spa buildings... Which ones? All of them are awesome.

Update 3: Route 27, The end of the world, and Dust bowls

[Facing West] Town Hall, the rail station, and the commercial area. I'm thinking of adding a gas station here.

[Facing North] City Council decided to redesign the farms so fences could be built. Playing Whack-A-Mole with Pedrina farms is annoying in this area.

[Facing East] At the request of a few townspeople, Invernessen convinced the United Republic of [name3] that parts of Route 27 need upgrading. A stretch of road south of Invernessen was chosen to be the first part upgraded by the [name3] Highway planners.

[Facing East] Construction started quickly, with a bypass road being built first.

[Facing East] Then an unnecessary amount of land was turned into a construction site.

[Facing North] The new RHW was being built faster than expected.

[Facing South] Problems stared occurring when the construction crew encountered the first curve in the upgrading project. No matter how much they laid out the roadway, the smooth curve of the old Route 27 cannot be replicated using the RHW.

[Facing South] Deciding to ignore the problem, the workers continued until they tried to build the first fractional angle stretch of RHW. When they were about to lay the asphalt, a problem happens and construction is stalled. First, the bulldozers broke down.

Then a fire broke out near the construction.

The next time they tried building the FARHW, a tornado popped out from nowhere, took away the equipment, then immediately disappeared.

The [name3] Highway Planning Division gave up on the project a week later. One road engineer suggested a theory as to why they cannot create fractional angle RHW. Whenever they complete a segment of FARHW2, the NAM boson time travels from the future to prevent it from happening.
Future: 1 [name3]: 0

Ignoring the problems, Invernessen City Council addresses their next problem: The large amount of dust bowl farms. This prompted them to demolish any farms with only dirt. They are deciding to keep farms barely producing anything for now, but might decide to remove them.

***I need from you today...***
-Should I use a Blocker on Maxis farms?
-Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
-Should there be a passenger rail service between Invernessen and the rest of [name3]? If so, name a train automata I can use.
-Want a gas station in Invernessen?
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?
-What shall we name this great nation?

strucka

I wouldn't want a road, but sure wuold like a street named after me =) A train link to the rest of the world should be there, but don't know what automata to put on. Probably some old looking train (a diesel engine passenger train without an obvious locomotive (do you know what i mean?) another thing i'd suggest is the SingleTrackRail. About the farms well i'd connect them, make them rectangular a bit more, but with dirtstreets (or those gravel streets) that don't go straight all the way, but change direction a bit and then go straight again, or maybe just curve around. put some trees in between. But just a few.

danielcote

A passenger rail service would be nice and for the spa buildings any one that you would like theres too many for me too give you links to or post names because I'm pressed on time.

mrbisonm

Nice going and beautiful looking region you got there. Well started and I love those farms of yours. They look just fantastic.
I don't post much in MD's but I lurk a lot, sorry about this, question of not having enough free time, but here I saw two buildings that I never saw before and I would like to have, so please what are these and where can I find them. Thanks and keep it up, I'll be back one day.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

KoV Liberty

I love whack-a-mole! :D Lol. Anyways, cool update! There is a DL to block the pedrina farms. They are annoying.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kbieniu7

sumwonyuno

That was an entertaining update.  :P

Pedriana! :bomb:

Definitely get a Maxis or a Pedriana Farm blocker, though I think they're inCAMpatible.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

emgmod

***Replies***

strucka:  I think I know what you mean by the train without an obvious locomotive. Somebody on the ST version suggested this train, which I'm using right now.
Driftmaster07:  I know there is a Pedrina blocker, but is it CAMpatible?
kbieniu7:  I'm finally going to be able to download that set thanks to your translation.
sumwonyuno:  There's a CAMpatible Maxis blocker out there, but I'm not sure if there is one only for Pedrina.

How about a poem?

The sound of the rails at night,
The lights of a midnight train.

Running through the town.
Heading to the woods.

The rails that break through trees.
The ghosts that haunt the grounds.

Passing by the train.
Passing by the Midnight Train.

***I need from you today...***
-What shall we name this great nation?
-Should I use a Blocker on Maxis farms?
-Need... More... Farm... Plugins...
-Who wants to have a road named after them?
-Where to expand the farms?

soulchaser

I use the pedriana farm blocker and the cam....never had any problems (as I remember ;) )

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!